Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Terkoz

Big increase in ping to NA server.

9 comments in this topic

29 posts
1,050 battles

Heya for those also playing on the NA server are you finding the ping going up about 50% in the last week or so. Mine has gone up from 110 to around 180 and even higher for the last week and getting nasty lag. Is this only me or is there something with the pipe between us?

575 posts
5,354 battles

Where are you located at to receive that kind of ping to the NA server? I'm playing SWTOR on the NA East Coast server (actually located in Southern CA) 270 - 290ms using WTFast (350+ without it).

29 posts
1,050 battles

I'm in Brisbane. I was staying stable at around 110 which is exactly the same as I was getting on the SEA server. However every day for the last week it has been hovering around 180 and spiking every so often to 220ish.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Telstra's been having a few issues, especially with their 2nd blackout recently. Possibly maintenance works to their systems? Either that or the submarines have been bumping into the sea cables as usual.... :trollface:

575 posts
5,354 battles

I'm in Brisbane. I was staying stable at around 110 which is exactly the same as I was getting on the SEA server. However every day for the last week it has been hovering around 180 and spiking every so often to 220ish.

Wow...that's great. I get 35 to 55ms to WoWS SEA from the Philippines but any where else...if I don't have WTFast I don't even play it. You might want to go to WTFast.com and try their program out. They give you a 30 day free trial to use and a sub is $9.99 a month. It certainly helps me out immensely. 

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I know WA internet network is dodgey pretty much all the time since I got nbn 4 weeks ago it has gone down for 48hrs 3 times...if your service pipes through WA it'd be a concern.

29 posts
1,050 battles

Wow...that's great. I get 35 to 55ms to WoWS SEA from the Philippines but any where else...if I don't have WTFast I don't even play it. You might want to go to WTFast.com and try their program out. They give you a 30 day free trial to use and a sub is $9.99 a month. It certainly helps me out immensely. 

I did a google search for that software and it has almost nothing but bad reviews so I might give it a miss. Glad it worked for you though.

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

this last week or so I've been getting about 60/70ms in South Aussie. That's on ASIA server.

I was running WTfast for WoT, and it didn't do much at all for me....

575 posts
5,354 battles

this last week or so I've been getting about 60/70ms in South Aussie. That's on ASIA server.

I was running WTfast for WoT, and it didn't do much at all for me....

I was too. However, WTFast is still dependent on your ISP not burping on you like mine does. However, I can testify that it does give me a solid connection to NA playing SWTOR, a magnificent connection playing EVE and GW2. My ISP Globe (which I despise with a passion) is the only one of the three here where I live that is worth using. Sometimes I think they use smoke signals to send data across their service can be so bad.

Sign in to follow this