You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Harpoon01

Minekaze Rebuff Suggestion

Minekaze Rebuff  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Upgrade Torp

• 10 km Range
    • 9 km Range
    • 8 km Range
    • Just increase the Speed
    • No need, But Upgrade the Guns
    • No upgrade
    • Need more nerf
  2. 2. Guns and Artilery

• Increase the RoF
    • Increase the Range
    • No need, But Upgrade the Torp
    • No Upgrade
    • Need more nerf

30 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Now as you can see Minekaze was the most successful IJN Destroyer.

With her 10 km fast reload torp and decent guns

So WG, As usual, Nerf her very badly

not only on her torpedoes but her guns too

Down to 7 km range (with her stock camo is 6.2 km)

making this ship much much even worse than Isokaze (6.1 km camo, 10 km gun range, 7 km torp range)

this ship should deserves something better than that!:izmena:

:honoring:

Edited by Harpoon01

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

She's still just as potent in the hands of a skilled player - leave it as is.

so is Kongou, Yamato, Mahan, Tirpitz, and every damn Ship that is played by skilled player

put your logic a little

451 posts
6,946 battles

Your poll forces people to vote for rebuff. For fairness sake please add a "remain as it is at 7km" option and maybe even for the gun poll.

And while you're at it let's talk about how kiev got shafted so badly yeah?

Edited by Kleiss

580 posts
1,587 battles

I like the way the guns are on the Minekaze... I mean it is a balancing feature... I could use 1 more Kilometre on the Torpedoes tho... 7KM torps with 6.0 detection range can get pretty hairy sometimes...

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Your poll forces people to vote for rebuff. For fairness sake please add a "remain as it is at 7km" option and maybe even for the gun poll.

And while you're at it let's talk about how kiev got shafted so badly yeah?

I will make it later

cheer up man (or you are a girl..?)

406 posts
6,287 battles

so is Kongou, Yamato, Mahan, Tirpitz, and every damn Ship that is played by skilled player

put your logic a little

Not so true - the Kongo has better range, Speed and Accuracy compared to the other ships at her Tier.

Yamato has much better Guns and range at her tier

By your implied logic - should any of those ships receive a buff to their stats?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Not so true - the Kongo has better range, Speed and Accuracy compared to the other ships at her Tier.

Yamato has much better Guns and range at her tier

By your implied logic - should any of those ships receive a buff to their stats?

no, but by your logic that every ugly ship used by skilled player is fine anyway

451 posts
6,946 battles

I will make it later

cheer up man (or you are a girl..?)

i am a salty male admiral, a master of shitposting

Edited by Kleiss

783 posts
4,819 battles

I don't really see how and why you'd want a buff for her guns. Sure the RoF and traverse is inferior to the other nations but USN and Soviet DDs SHOULD have it better. The range buff also isn't needed as you'd want to stay concealed most of the time anyway and the current range allows for that. IJN DD guns also have the most potent HE out of all three.

As for the torps, while I wouldn't mind an 8km buff, it isn't needed as the Minekaze is at a really good place right now. What makes it better than the Isokaze would be the speed advantage anyway which any DD would like. And any buff would make the Minekaze -> Mutsuki transition worse on newer players.

tl;dr, keep it as it is.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

In all the times I played the Minekaze, I've never bothered using the slow 10km torpedoes. I've always preferred the 7km torpedoes over the 10km ones everytime.

Pre "nerf" and Post "nerf", I never felt anything different in the play style of the Minekaze. Maybe cause I wasn't affected unlike the "10km Torpedoes" users.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I play both Minekaze ... Before and after nerf (cas they patch it while i was grinding in Minekaze) 
The Minekaze before nerf is "clearly OP!"

when full upgrade It lot easy to play with long range torp + reload every 30 sec so you can spam torp from long range easily and even randon kill some guy not even aiming at it.

The Minekaze after nerf 

it still OK IMO .... Torp got nerf but you still have save distance to lanch torp before get detect but you just need to play less agressive, you can't just rush in 8km drop torp and run away waiting for torp reload and comeback for another sweep anymore 

change your play style a bit, slowly getting in the range, careful aim (from longer reload) but it still have decent reload time if you ask me. it still a good ship / more balance now but not OP like before

I feel like this change is good for ppls playing this line to slowly stop spaming torp now cas up to mutsuki gonna have long reload so you have to learn how to aim now pick target, see if any better target around before lanch torp etc.

Edited by WindCruiser

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Minekaze is no more than just a faster version of Isokaze. Nothing really special about her. Still, she is a good ship. Isokaze has better gun but she can hardly run away from anything because of her low top speed. That's why i sold my Isokaze and kept my Minekaze. She doesn't need a torpedo buff, really. Just buff her gun range a little bit.

52 posts

hey no buff will be added in this annoying cute lil ship cuz its already OP and can you please look at the Farragut? it has 2 mins reload time and has short range Fishes

and when the pimp's in my crib? i cant drop it like its hot     so what needs to be buffed is the US destroyers not J ones

(pimp is ship) and (crib is range of yer wepnz)

Edited by Hiroyoshi_Andersen

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I never played Minekaze before the nerfing. I never had it. In fact, what made me get it was all the peeps whining about the nerf. I wanted to see what all the hot air was about.

So i free XPed my way to it. I play it now, it's one of my fav ships. Before that, I was US DD kind of guy. Not now.

There is no reason to buff it, she is deadly enough as is.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

at tier 5 she is pretty decent ship already, I don't think she need another buff on the torpedoes, guns might need a little tweaking. Adding 500-1000m range while increasing their turret traverse speed a bit would be nice so she could somewhat contest a cap against another destroyer

406 posts
6,287 battles

no, but by your logic that every ugly ship used by skilled player is fine anyway

That is a Strawman, and not what I said nor what I implied - some ships could  do with something to make them more competitive: take for example the New Mex vs the Colorado or the Cleveland vs the Pepsicola

Given all the relevant factors, the New Mex and the Cleveland are simply better ships - its not to say I haven't had good games in the Colorado or the Pepsicola, but overall they are poorer ships than the their predecessors.

52 posts

-8km torpedo range and Increased RoF- ( because some men just want to watch the world burn :trollface: ) 

Jks , I actually starts with the minekaze after it was nerf and i find it already grossly OP as it is - "unless you want to nerf it more?":teethhappy: