Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ninajim

Russian vs U.S. Standards

11 comments in this topic

101 posts
1,247 battles

So, would this also reflect on the Russian and U.S. navies?

Here's a short clip that I found to be quite truthful.

Also, how would such a matter reflect today's Aircraft and ships?

Are they still being built to withstand war, or just made to look pretty?

406 posts
6,287 battles

In many ways its the difference between an AK47 and an M16 - one is higher maintenance but more accurate, the other is less accurate, but more reliable.

In the hands of an Expert with the proper experience - I'd pick the M16 everytime. In the hands of an Amateur - well History has shown us the results.

580 posts
1,587 battles

"You see this plane? You cannot break this plane... Our planes are made for war. Not just stand around and look pretty"... :D:D:D

"We go at it with a Scalpel... They go at it with at Sledgehammer"... :D:D:D

These analogies... :D:D:D

Edited by Kreigg

101 posts
1,247 battles

"You see this plane? You cannot break this plane... Our planes are made for war. Not just stand around and look pretty"... :D:D:D

"We go at it with a Scalpel... They go at it with at Sledgehammer"... :D:D:D

These analogies... :D:D:D

I love the Ruskies ;)

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

Reminds me of the story of the 3 million dollar pen NASA designed to operate in a gravity free environment.Thinking that it would impress them, NASA showed it to Roscosmos (Russian space program).

The Russians looked at it and said " Da, is pretty good, but we send pencil."

101 posts
1,247 battles

Reminds me of the story of the 3 million dollar pen NASA designed to operate in a gravity free environment.Thinking that it would impress them, NASA showed it to Roscosmos (Russian space program).

The Russians looked at it and said " Da, is pretty good, but we send pencil."

I love that classic

52 posts

looks like we are talking some space program here ..well that's my best knowledge

but i think [content removed] and Americans has same Powers

just like black COD

and meanwhile in africa AK-47 is cheaper than Shirts and Sandals or other clothing shit

Insults/Derogatory comments. post edited, user already sactioned.

~TheAzure

Edited by TheAzure

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Mr. Stalin's quote may answer your question - "Quantity is a quality all it's own."

I'd always admire Russian's philosophy and how they refine it. AK-47, MiGs, heck even Subs.

Having a quality advantage doesn't mean you win a war. If it's like that Mr. Adolf Hitler wouldn't be a villian in our history books now.

Sure being more advanced give you an edge over the opposition - yet Quality can only compensate so much if the opposition have BOTH Quality (Although not as good) and quantity.

Just look at the Sherman. T-34s. Sure Pathers and Tigers are far superior tanks in a duel, but does them win you an actual, large scale war? History had give it's answer.

Give you another example.

Remember the T-72? You may remember how it got rekted by Albrams and stuff.

However, these are export version of the T-72. (T-72G, made in Czechoslovakia)

What the Russian and East Germany use is proper stuff - T-72A. These thing aren't filled with cheap material in it's armor, these have "real" composite armor. And don't forget that deadly 125mm main gun.

What even more horrifying is that these thing are MILES cheaper than your fancy Albrams/Lepoard 2/Challengers. Fair enough 1 on 1 these things will lose to any western MBT, but do you think the ~600-800 elite tanks (That is position around West Germany to prevent a Soviet attack) will won against >2000 of these things?

IMO, this is so far the last weapon to achieve that perfect balance between advancement and still being economical. T-90s, M1A2, Lepoard or any tanks in the world just cannot replicate that in any way. It's so good that even the Russian can't make on of these classics again (The T-90 is basically a T-72 with a lot of fancy but rather useless equipment).

As you said, making something "look" really good is not hard for most of the countries these days *Ahem* T-90*Ahem*F-35*Ahem*AH-64D*Ahem* - slapping all the stealth, missiles, guided shells or whatever armor on something are sure - really cool - but at the same time, the $$$ go straight up and the Quantity go straight down. In a way, it even hurt the overall quality of that certain weapon.

Quite saddening these days seems everyone just goes for the cools.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Ruski most export main battle tank to several countries aren't they? :hmm:

Yes.

However, usually the exported version/ licensed version is a lot weaker than the original. Worse selection of ammo, cut-ted armor, and usually lack of fire control system.

Usually ammo and fire control isn't really a big deal as there's a lot of countries willing to sell some pretty sweet stuff. Saddam's elite T-72s for instance had Belgium made IR aiming system and manage to smuggle some better ammo through as well (Smuggling ammo is always easier than an entire tank, right?).

Armor is usually the hardest part. The Israelis are facing the same issue. Merkava simply can't add any more "regular" or space armor, but there's just not good enough armor to bought.

Sorry, bit too excited on this as I am currently studying Israel and Middle east stuff.

Edited by Alvin1020

[KGHSF]
3,225 posts
6,072 battles

Yes.

However, usually the exported version/ licensed version is a lot weaker than the original. Worse selection of ammo, cut-ted armor, and usually lack of fire control system.

Usually ammo and fire control isn't really a big deal as there's a lot of countries willing to sell some pretty sweet stuff. Saddam's elite T-72s for instance had Belgium made IR aiming system and manage to smuggle some better ammo through as well (Smuggling ammo is always easier than an entire tank, right?).

Armor is usually the hardest part. The Israelis are facing the same issue. Merkava simply can't add any more "regular" or space armor, but there's just not good enough armor to bought.

Sorry, bit too excited on this as I am currently studying Israel and Middle east stuff.

:hmm: BTW My homeland had rumor about army development by purchasing export MBT. IDK that Ministry of Defense choose T-90S or Chinese export tank and yet to be confirmed. 

Just read some at RTA forces

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-84#Users

Edited by THAI_THIEF

Sign in to follow this