Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
czechkozen_03

Spam

34 comments in this topic

41 posts
7,953 battles

Why did WG let the DD spam in High Tier Battle.?

Nowadays few CV and BB players in High Tier Battle. . 5 DDs in a battle.? 

3 shimakaze in enemy team.?  how can a BB player maneuver with Torpedo Spam.?  oh come on.. service fee in High Tier battle is very expensive. . 4 DD is enough in a Battle. not 5 DDs that's not fun anymore...  plus this DD can spam HE and burn u while hiding in smoke.. where's the balance there.? if we can't fire back at them when they're hidden.? 

DDs should be seen when they fired their guns..  

634 posts
6,229 battles

1st, once shimas are lighted up, they are essentially dead,

2nd. Their torp reload is 1 and a half mins, not so op huh?

3rd. Even with 15 km range their torp ar not op, hey why dont u try change a bit of course and not go in a straight line all the time? besides, stay around ur CAs

4th. DDs are getting nerfed soon, be patient

5th. why dont u look at the tier 10 dd stats and see where shima sits? at the bottom

634 posts
6,229 battles

Also IJN DD gun short range bad rpm, short smoke time, they cant spam HE at u in battle. Only Russians and Americans can do that, , but in exchange they have bad torps

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

We call that not as torp spam, but torp wall

That's a stratgey used in many Naval game

(The hit rate of torp hit from the ship is low regardless the game, unles it is homing)

580 posts
1,587 battles

I know that MM is doing its best to create matches for us in double quick time but even as a DD player I find this ridiculous... The only way I can see this problem being solved is to limit the number of DDs per team to a maximum of 4. The drawback however is that a lot of us maybe waiting in the battle queue a little longer but I think its safe to say the everybody may agree with the idea...

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

how balance that battle is.?

Quite balanced, you think sailing there alone will make things better even without enemy DD?

9 posts
4,586 battles

On an average Shimakaze has kill-death ratio of 0.8 which is only surpassed by Midway and Hakuryu.

Surprisingly durable right?

High tier DD is so broken right now that BB is almost extinct.

Who would enjoy dodging torp wall every 2 min from an untouchable DD and lose a ton of credit if they fail?  

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

TBH, the Fletcher and gearing has torps comparable to the IJN DDs already... But i do agree that high tier DDs need to be limited in number (perhaps in proportion with the number of CVs in a match?)

i am the proud owner of Fletcher, Benson and Fubuki (need credits for Kagero!), and the ridiculous number of DDs on both sides is insane. the OP said that torp spam is killing him from a BB's POV, but as both a seasoned BB and DD player myself, torps are of almost no concer when you actually CHANGE COURSE AND SPEED. even Iowa, Yamato and Amagi, the three longest BBs in game all have a reasonable change to dodge torps(if they know what they are doing)

for us DDs, if we want to really get some damage in, we would have to

1. pet past the bloody planes(flies) that's always buzzing around our head

2.get past the DD blockade(if you are in a IJN DD and you run into a USN DD or SV DD, you are  already meat), if you are spotted, then at least half the other team will aim for you screaming "FRESH MEAT!"

3.find a good angle to torp from(while dodging DDs and planes the whole time) 

4. launch your torps and pray the guy on the receiving end is a moron who dont know to change course and speed

only after all these steps are completed will you get damage, of course RNG might just smile on you and make a unlucky guy run into your torps by accident, but that's rare and far between. 

as for gun spam from DDs.... well with USN DDs you expect almost no damage from your HE spam because they are crap against BBs, and the only reason you would have a SV DD spamming HE at you is you decided to go Rambo and leave your CA teammates, which was a stupid decision anyways 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

On an average Shimakaze has kill-death ratio of 0.8 which is only surpassed by Midway and Hakuryu.

Surprisingly durable right?

High tier DD is so broken right now that BB is almost extinct.

Who would enjoy dodging torp wall every 2 min from an untouchable DD and lose a ton of credit if they fail?  

The Shimakaze high speed and torpedo range is very reliable to survive trough battle

but the range  makes her not accurate or unable to hit her target frequently

and her torp reload is 3 mins...

no, no, no, DD if can't hit anything, can't get credit either

Can someone bring the Stats of Torp each tier?

Shimakaze's torp is the one that can be spotted easiest or farthest AFAIK

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

hey harpoon, yeah, shima's torps are detected pretty far away, but with 72kt speed if you see them ur more or less likely dead if it's coming in from the side

101 posts
1,247 battles

The Shimakaze high speed and torpedo range is very reliable to survive trough battle

but the range  makes her not accurate or unable to hit her target frequently

and her torp reload is 3 mins...

no, no, no, DD if can't hit anything, can't get credit either

Can someone bring the Stats of Torp each tier?

Shimakaze's torp is the one that can be spotted easiest or farthest AFAIK

This.

It depends on the situation and the person driving the ship. Makes all the difference in a game.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

hey harpoon, yeah, shima's torps are detected pretty far away, but with 72kt speed if you see them ur more or less likely dead if it's coming in from the side

no no no, it's very far

almost 3 km, you have more than 10 secs before impact to manuveur (except with captain skill)

9 posts
4,586 battles

no no no, it's very far

almost 3 km, you have more than 10 secs before impact to manuveur (except with captain skill)

You can't do that in a BB now suppose that you are the one who spot those torpedoes unless you got an extreme angle or you are on a turn, just prepare to eat a lot of them.

783 posts
4,826 battles

You can't do that in a BB now suppose that you are the one who spot those torpedoes unless you got an extreme angle or you are on a turn, just prepare to eat a lot of them.

I'm sorry but the time he mentioned is a doable time frame to some extent. And that's on the worst case scenario that the BB player himself spotted said shima torps without vigilance.

I would've been inclined to agree with you that it wouldn't be dodged if the BB player has to show his side to enemy ships, island obstruction, BB is parked, aiming through snipe scope that resulted in tunnel vision etc. etc.

Normally/Practically yes, wouldn't be dodged if he got you broadside, but saying "can't be dodged" is stretching it.

1,126 posts

get past the DD blockade(if you are in a IJN DD and you run into a USN DD or SV DD, you are  already meat), if you are spotted, then at least half the other team will aim for you screaming "FRESH MEAT!"

LOL

seriously, life if DD in high tier is really dangerous. everyone very eager to kill me (fubuki) when I got spot by aircraft, every shell of every ship within range are fly toward me, every fubuki player knows how slow and sluggish she is for a DD, all her's hunter are faster than her.

and my torp that I work so hard to launch?, hit nothing but air (enemy DD or plane might just spot them for BB so it's all miss)

IMO

problem of DD in high tier is NOT a spam, but it's number in each team.

seriously WG, set limit number of DD!!! don't let us more than 4 in team!

2IJN 2other is quit balance!

Edited by PGM991

41 posts
7,953 battles

1st, once shimas are lighted up, they are essentially dead,

2nd. Their torp reload is 1 and a half mins, not so op huh?

3rd. Even with 15 km range their torp ar not op, hey why dont u try change a bit of course and not go in a straight line all the time? besides, stay around ur CAs

4th. DDs are getting nerfed soon, be patient

5th. why dont u look at the tier 10 dd stats and see where shima sits? at the bottom

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

and DD's shell spam wont do much damage because if you travel with CA teammates or DD teammates, any DD that guns from inside smoke is dead as soon as the smoke is out, any if there's a CV on your team, any DD who spams in smoke wont even make it out of the smoke alive. and besides, unless you are really unlucky and get a few fires set on you after you used your repair party, DD shell spam will do tiny bit of damage, and that's only if you are dumb enough not to get away from the smoke(where you KNOW there's a DD)

9 posts
4,586 battles

I just want to point out that the spotting range of Shima torp didn't make it less lethal at all.

I wonder if high tier DD is so punishing and under powered why are there so many of them?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I wonder if high tier DD is so punishing and under powered why are there so many of them?

no one said they are underpowered:coin:

Sign in to follow this