Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fnha2000

Kolberg and MM

3 comments in this topic

1 post
326 battles

I'm currently trying to go up the German cruiser line and absolutely suffering at the Kolberg and what feels like preferential matchmaking against it. The Kolberg already has ridiculously bad range, and 90% of the time I get put in matches where 8/12 of the ships are tier 5. There really seems very little I can do in matches like these where everyone else outguns and outruns me. I already feel like she's worse than the Kawachi, and I had a fairly bad time with her too.

So, to those more experienced with the German line, are there any concrete tips on what the play style of the Kolberg and eventually the Karlsruhe is? I'm already reading reports everywhere that Karlsruhe is also massively under-ranged before it improves with the Konigsberg.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Best thing is to keep your eye on the map so you can position your ship accordingly. Avoid sailing broadside at the enemy at all times. You're a second line ship, support the BBs and better CAs, stay off the front line. Hunt DDs if at all possible and do not engage any BBs unless they are currently engaged against another ship, low on health, then us HE to set them afire. This will get you prepared to use the other German CAs.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Same here, had long & nasty run grinding up to Konigsberg. Only use HE shells, remember to [1] don't go in too deep into the hot zone and [2] fall back to your allied battleships then throw yourself to engage the enemy. [3] Don't bother using AP at long range or even short range as German AP shell Superiority starts at Tier 5.

You'll enjoy the Tier 5 Konigsberg after suffering on that tier 4.

Sign in to follow this