Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

Tier 4-5 AA a joke...(So is the Yubari...)

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

I've been playing higher tier games (tiers 6+) for a while now since the new patch and haven't noticed the effects much, but since the recent patches where AA was rebalanced with emphasis on higher calibre AA doing more damage, I've noticed that the ships equipped mainly with small calibre AA like the Japanese 25mm and the 40mm Bofors (or equivalent Russian 37mm) have fared poorly against low tier carriers in tiers 4-5. In these tiers, granted AA for most ships is weak, but almost no ships have large calibre AA/DP guns and the few exceptions being ships like the Nicholas (which has 4x5" DP guns, plus its smaller 12.7mm machine guns and 28mm chicago pianos).

This allows carrier players to attack us regular surface ship players with impunity, which prior to the recent patch was not the case as the smaller calibre AA was able to at least deal some damage to attacking planes to give competent players a chance to doge and evade attacks.

The new patch also seriously hurts ships like the Yubari - with nerfs to advanced firing training, basic firing training and small calibre AA, the ship is now poorly armed (as before), has poor module health (1 hit = engine or rudder gone, as before), has a slow rate of fire for its remaining guns, and its AA struggles to shoot planes down (even with bombard ability), when it once was the king of low tier AA. While I love this game, it really is a pain to have carriers not deal with as much attrition as they should. While any ship can do well in the right hands (even the Yubari)

pPteUti.png

Comon!!!!! Only 4 planes for a monster game!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

,  - Getting sunk by a carrier and not shooting down a single plane for it is rather insulting to say the least, when you've made every effort to avoid this demise in a AA speciality ship.

Edited by Blitzkreig95

575 posts
5,354 battles

It is this way now because of WG's nerf to small caliber AA. They did that so the torpedo and bombs have a better chance of hitting. This was done much in the same manner to BB rudder shift and reducing torpedo acquisition ranges. To increase poor hit results. This is further proof that WG cannot anticipate player skill so they nerf those vessels abilities to counter how a player fights their ships. It is the oldest developer trick of doing things. Just look at the thread one is asking for more nerfs for allowing them to increase torpedo hits. Why should someone get better when WG will placate them by nerfing or buffing to get up their hit counts?

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

It is this way now because of WG's nerf to small caliber AA. They did that so the torpedo and bombs have a better chance of hitting. This was done much in the same manner to BB rudder shift and reducing torpedo acquisition ranges. To increase poor hit results. This is further proof that WG cannot anticipate player skill so they nerf those vessels abilities to counter how a player fights their ships. It is the oldest developer trick of doing things. Just look at the thread one is asking for more nerfs for allowing them to increase torpedo hits. Why should someone get better when WG will placate them by nerfing or buffing to get up their hit counts?

they nerf/buff things based on statistics. If a ship is not performing well it will be buffed, if its performing too well it is nerfed. They barely ever look at player feedback on weather a ship is OP or UP.

I'd like to think Yubari becoming worthless is a unintended side effect of the AA change.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

they nerf/buff things based on statistics. If a ship is not performing well it will be buffed, if its performing too well it is nerfed. They barely ever look at player feedback on weather a ship is OP or UP.

I'd like to think Yubari becoming worthless is a unintended side effect of the AA change.

Unfortunately I agree and its why statistics is always not 100% reliable in judging things - with the nerf to the Yubari, wouldn't that qualify for a refund?

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

yeah even my murmansk with aa upgrades is useless vs planes, they'll even target me and drop torps, when 3 squads of planes attack, I'll shoot down 1 plane.

and the aa was one of murmansks major drawcards, its the reason why I buy premium ships, is to not have to worry about planes, I bought a mikhail, I hope they don't nerf the AA on it too.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Okay, i always was expecting for any dev to Buff something directly. Not by nerfing the other

Dive Bomber Buff is long awaited buff

So is Torpedo hit rate

but by average, Torp hit rate is under 15% at the game launched performed by IJN DD that specialized for torpedo attack

But still, IJN DD are Fragile speedster, so high skill high reward high risk as well

While the Torp Bomber...

I bet, WG have a quite headache figuring out the correct balance for CV, before able to release other nation CV

Edited by Harpoon01

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Unfortunately I agree and its why statistics is always not 100% reliable in judging things - with the nerf to the Yubari, wouldn't that qualify for a refund?

Apparently under the USA EULA yes, it would qualify, as they are not permitted to modify a product that reduces its performance once it has been paid for by a consumer, however the rest of us....and this is where it gets interesting:

When I bought my type 59 it was under the USA EULA ergo protected under United States Law therefore could my Type 59 be modified in performance after my account was transferred to the South East Asia server?.

Technically, my Type 59 should be performing within the parameters from which countries' consumer Laws it was purchased under and bound to. So there should be a handful of Type 59's on the SEA server performing as they originally did when they were purchased, amongst the other premium tanks purchased under the United States consumer Laws that have also felt the sting of the nerf bat.

Only once have WG offered a refund of gold for a premium tank, the Super Pershing, which was released "OP", heavily nerfed to being "overwhelmingly "UP", to now being returned to the game as "meh" (balanced?!).

So, I have been told that if you want to spend real money, buying premium vehicles as I do, the NA servers DO have an advantage that they can't "nerf" any premium vehicles.

*Disclaimer- Information provided above is based on hearsay and not legally binding.

AFAIK.

Sign in to follow this