Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TaikoTaiko

Cleveland too much fun

29 comments in this topic

178 posts
2,306 battles

I got to say I have nothing but praise for this USN cruiser. It chews through planes, burns BBs to a crisp and is able to wreck other cruisers with its high rof AP. I'm having so much fun in it that I am reluctant to continue on to the Pensacola. How I wish the higher tiers of USN cruisers are all like the Cleveland.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Oh. Is it because of the shell arcs? :(

Because im so noob :(

The Soviet cruisers will be here in a few days so you'll probably have some fun with their better shell arcs and range. :D

Really looking forward to Russian Cruisers but seem like noob like me wont be able to handle it :(

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

Because im so noob :(

Really looking forward to Russian Cruisers but seem like noob like me wont be able to handle it :(

You're a good player though

Oh well, as long as you have fun playing. :popcorn:

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Try the German Cruiser better, had fun with Konigsberg. It's similar to U.S. rate of fire but fire starting chance is low, shell velocity is faster, flat trajectory, etc. The Fragility is similar to JP ships, large citadel.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

You're a good player though

Oh well, as long as you have fun playing. :popcorn:

Im kinda good with DDs but not for the Cruisers for sure :D:D:D

Try the German Cruiser better, had fun with Konigsberg. It's similar to U.S. rate of fire but fire starting chance is low, shell velocity is faster, flat trajectory, etc. The Fragility is similar to JP ships, large citadel.

NEIEEEE !!!! ze Kriegsmarine Battleships and DDs only :izmena:!!!

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I bet the Tier 10 German DD will be Narvik-class, the enlarge DD with 150mm gun :P

Z-99 LOS !!!! I'll cits all the Cruisers and make them learn it was the mistake.. TO MESS WITH ze Kriegsmarine :izmena:!!!

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Z-99 LOS !!!! I'll cits all the Cruisers and make them learn it was the mistake.. TO MESS WITH ze Kriegsmarine :izmena:!!!

For some reason Z99 is made up by another game. Because too many "other game" related articles & facts, and people been saying it's made up during initial fact finding. I'll search again tomorrow, need sleep.
Edited by Mingfang47

580 posts
1,587 battles

Had plenty of good times with the ol' girl... but she makes things too easy once you get used to those high arcs but as everyone says it's a common theme from that Tier onwards with USN Cruisers so I decided to hold it off when I got my Cleveland elited...

Now I'm loving my Nurnberg same way I did the Cleveland... You should try the KM Cruisers sometime, they're just as deadly but require a little more care than their US counterparts...

Right now I'm trying my hand with Heavy Cruisers starting with the Furutaka, and wierdly enough I am wondering why she gets a lot of hate... My win rates are good for this ship but other than that I can do so well on her (unexpectedly) after I unlock the Aoba, I may go for the Yorck and pursue my Cruiser career further...

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

For some reason Z99 is made up by another game. Because too many "other game" related articles & facts, and people been saying it's made up during initial fact finding. I'll search again tomorrow, need sleep.

it a made up ship for sure but i want it :P

150mm x 8 will be really fun :trollface:

580 posts
1,587 battles

it a made up ship for sure but i want it :P

150mm x 8 will be really fun :trollface:

GET IN LINE! I'll never forget my good times with my ol' 99! :playing:

58 posts
3,607 battles

Cleveland is a beast, no cruiser can beat it in close brawling. Used to one shot kill other cruisers in under 7KM range many times, 5+ citadels in a salvo. and is nightmare for DDs

1,126 posts

Cruiser is a class I bad at the most, when I play it, I tend to got citadel and die real fast.

my type is if it not full armor that can take a punch (BB) then go for invincible with no armor at all (DD)

with CA that stand between those two.... I can't play it real well T_T

28 posts
4,589 battles

The cleveland is great fun, watching them blow up after a couple of salvos from my BB's. I take so much enjoyment watching a cleveland cruise in spamming, then seeing its health drop by half after first salvo then gone after the second.

Yep I love clevelands.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Can the Cleveland still be called "Cheatland"? They call it as such when it was back in July or August I think. :D

It's still Cheatland when the gun is at 14km range, 17km gun range (with old AFT) is not good actually.

Hello, former SALT farmer :honoring:

783 posts
4,821 battles

Cleveland has instilled a fear in me that I usually stay away from them even when I'm 1/2 tiers higher cruiser(Myoko/Mogami)

Oh, and I'm not even afraid of the HE spam. It's when they use their AP at closer than 10km ranges that it melts most of the cruisers it faces. I got melted by that so many times that I just can't bear to face the Cleveland in a brawl even if I have an advantageous situation.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Trades torpedoes for borderline op AA, main guns and citadel layout (it just happens to be like this so ehh)

That being said believe it or not the turret train was nerfed recently. In addition to that if u get caught off guard near an enemy battleship u are pretty much screwed unlike other nation cruisers

207 posts
8,195 battles

yeah T6 USN cruiser is fun for some people, meanwhile aoba much more fun even a new player who try cruiser line can use aoba so well.....

the fun when using USN cruiser is just for T6 cleve, when you reach T7-T10 you will never say have "fun" anymore.....

783 posts
4,821 battles

yeah T6 USN cruiser is fun for some people, meanwhile aoba much more fun even a new player who try cruiser line can use aoba so well.....

the fun when using USN cruiser is just for T6 cleve, when you reach T7-T10 you will never say have "fun" anymore.....

Aoba is the earliest I actually got to appreciate CAs over CLs so I really have to agree that it really is fun. It made the Furutaka grind worth it.

It just so happens that in the USN line, the drastic change of CL -> CA starts at T7. A place where mistakes are amplified to be punished and it really isn't a good tier to "start learning" on a "new" ship class. Cleve being too forgiving is also a factor in that.

Sign in to follow this