Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wookielord

Balance now too far carriers

16 comments in this topic

96 posts
3,809 battles

Does any one think that the air balance is heavily against you??,If you have less than say 30 aa ,and players sit there planes above you be{ bombers torps ect},there  seems to be no consequences for that flight of plane eg to damage to them?????there for its no risk to them doing this to keep us detected..seems unfair that they dont have losses while doings this...

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

If you have less than say 30 aa ,and players sit there planes above you be{ bombers torps ect},there  seems to be no consequences for that flight of plane eg to damage to them?????

I do understand because i mostly play DDs, but all you can do is to move to ur self to Cruiser or other ship with better AA.

there for its no risk to them doing this to keep us detected..seems unfair that they dont have losses while doings this...

Risk of CVs to put some planes over our head is less squad to operated which reduce their damage out-put and less fighter to defence them self.

All and all is annoying and WG trying to fix this but there are consequences and some countermeasure :P

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

96 posts
3,809 battles

I do understand because i mostly play DDs, but all you can do is to move to ur self to Cruiser or other ship with better AA.

Risk of CVs to put some planes over our head is less squad to operated which reduce their damage out-put and less fighter to defence them self.

All and all is annoying and WG trying to fix this but there are consequences and some countermeasure :P

I too play mainly DDs i have about 30 but i still think the balance needs tweakin when any flight can sit there and keep you detected and not have losses..cheers

96 posts
3,809 battles

Then why would you ever go alone? Stick with allies and take advantage of their AA. That's basic destroyer play.

Could do that but DDs are there also to detect ships for the BBs CRs they are best at that mid range plus as a japanese DD you have small arty range so to be effective you need to be up and useing ya torps . Well thats what i think? BUT Cheers

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I too play mainly DDs i have about 30 but i still think the balance needs tweakin when any flight can sit there and keep you detected and not have losses..cheers

For low tier stuff DDs AA are joke, but once you get up to the Tier 8-10 is not like they can sit there forever without getting rekt by ur AA :P

If those things really ur concern you can switch to USN or Russian DDs since they have better AAA :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

I once saw, a lone Fletcher kill 32 Lexington Aircraft.

he just sit there, defending cap with smoke

Holycow US DD holy cow

rare AA build lol

Edited by humusz

108 posts
467 battles

I suggest don't go too far out braving the seas alone and go hunting. Just wait for the moment when your enemies are too distracted but something which is not you. If you can save up your smoke for a long time then that would be the time to use them. But what like others said, if you are a cautious DD player, then go back to your team with better AA and let the enemy aircraft wither for a while then go make your break, :)

451 posts
6,946 battles

For low tier stuff DDs AA are joke, but once you get up to the Tier 8-10 is not like they can sit there forever without getting rekt by ur AA :P

If those things really ur concern you can switch to USN or Russian DDs since they have better AAA :D:D:D

divisioned with a shima friend before, our taiho member was really bad. the shima had a 5 point skill captain essex fighter over him the entire game. halfway through, shima gave up and opened his aa to try to shoot it down. 5 whole minutes later of hiding behind an island, the enemy fighter still gave no damn about the shima aa.

in summary the ijn dds have non-existent aa, pretty sad....

Edited by Kleiss

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

divisioned with a shima friend before, our taiho member was really bad. the shima had a 5 point skill captain essex fighter over him the entire game. halfway through, shima gave up and opened his aa to try to shoot it down. 5 whole minutes later of hiding behind an island, the enemy fighter still gave no damn about the shima aa.

in summary the ijn dds have non-existent aa, pretty sad....

idk about you but after the AA re-work i found that if CV decided to place planes over DD head it will take good consistence amount of damage, if ur team CV not totally bad or dead when enemy fighter lost 1-2 planes is not really fun afterward for sure :P

Anyways IJN DDs AA is clearly worst than USN :D:D:D

96 posts
3,809 battles

I have all russian DDs allready lol next is the cruisers when released.

96 posts
3,809 battles

I suggest don't go too far out braving the seas alone and go hunting. Just wait for the moment when your enemies are too distracted but something which is not you. If you can save up your smoke for a long time then that would be the time to use them. But what like others said, if you are a cautious DD player, then go back to your team with better AA and let the enemy aircraft wither for a while then go make your break, :)

I am not a cautious player i really try hard to be a team player and will often sacrifice if it will help the team win.and i understand all ,that hanging with CVs and BBs ect helps but its is just so frustrating when it just seems there is no disadvantage to just circling above i would have thought the more time they sit above, the more time your aa have to get there eye in so to speak and cause more effect to the flight.??? cheers

331 posts
17,093 battles

actually there is if your fighters are spotting their DD its something else they aren't doing it called opportunity cost. What it means is that because they are spotting and hovering over you they are rather restricted in what they can do and stay spotting so they are unable to say defend them selves from air attack or not doing damage or not attacking other planes.

I have been sunk because some BBs asked for spotting and cause I was in a amenable mood i did so not even 1 minute later i was sunk.  The captains on this server are gutless wonders more interested in 2 things above all else saving their own skins and plinking away from maximum range.

96 posts
3,809 battles

actually there is if your fighters are spotting their DD its something else they aren't doing it called opportunity cost. What it means is that because they are spotting and hovering over you they are rather restricted in what they can do and stay spotting so they are unable to say defend them selves from air attack or not doing damage or not attacking other planes.

I have been sunk because some BBs asked for spotting and cause I was in a amenable mood i did so not even 1 minute later i was sunk.  The captains on this server are gutless wonders more interested in 2 things above all else saving their own skins and plinking away from maximum range.

I too have met a few who let say just linger in the background, but thankfully most player tend to assist you if called for but it is hit and miss...cheers

Sign in to follow this