You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sukasaa

Japanese Battleships.

17 comments in this topic

102 posts
1,581 battles

Well, I've been thinking about awhile and tried talking to In-game players via channels but their mostly ghost towns so I decided to join forum haha! anyways I wanted to ask was what commander skills are useful for Japanese Battleships and United States Battleships. I do have 6 Skill points on each Captain just unsure what skills should I spend them on. =)

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

1: Basic of Survivalbility

2: Expert Marksman

3: Vigilance (no need for Super Intendent, just use premium consumables instead as they give 1 extra use)

4: Advanced Firing Training.

5: Either get Jack of all trades, or Manual Fire Control for 2nd armament, or anything else.

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Situational Awareness/Basics of Survivability

Expert Marksman

Superintendent

Advance Fire Training

Manual Fire Control

Edited by ExESGO

Super Tester
121 posts
1,927 battles

well ive got the following on my yamato's captain at the moment (not a 19 points commander yet):

Basic Fire Training

Expert Marksmen

High Alert

Superintendent

Advance Firing Training

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

Good skills to pick for IJN BBs(Left is Best):

Tier 1: Basics of Survivability (-15% fire extinguishing and flooding recovery is a no-brainer), Basic Firing Training (All around passive boost. Better secondaries, better AA, whats not to like?),Situational Awareness (Knowing you are spotted is always good. i.e. if you go around an island and you arent spotted, there are no DD in a direct line of sight of you.)

Tier 2: Expert Marksman (That extra traverse speed helps a lot. Get this.)

Tier 3: Superintendent (That extra repair party is 10-15k HP.), High Alert (Reducing DCP / RP cooldowns helps) - I prefer Superintendant beacuse that extra HP pot is good

Tier 4: Advanced Firing Training (High tier IJN BBs have scary secondaries. Use them to your advantage. It also boosts your AA Aura Range which helps shoot down that extra Torpedo bomber)

Tier 5: Manual Fire Control for Secondaries (You know how you made those scary secondaries fire further? Now they actually hit and rekt whatever they are shooting at) OR Jack of all Trades (Stack this skill with High Alert and you get really fast DCP / RPs)

Bear in mind you can only choose 1 tier 5 skill.

My recommended order: (Skill / Total)

Basics of Survivablity (1/1) --> Expert Marksman (2/3) --> Superintendant (3/6) --> BFT (1/7) --> AFT (4/11) --> Manual Secondary Control (5/16) --> High Alert (3/19 MAX)

139 posts
5,876 battles

My standard template all the way up to the Yamato is:

1. Basics of Survivability

2. Expert Marksman

3. Superintendent

4. Advanced Firing Training

5. Manual Fire Control

Although the Tier 5 skill can be switched for Jack of All Trades on anything other than Yamato, Izumo, and Nagato.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Well, this is my commander skills from my Fusou and bringing it up to Yamato:

1. Basic Firing Training or Basics of Survivability
  2. Expert Marksman - it's way more beneficial than Fire Prevention, although you have the long gun range to keep yourself away from pyromaniac cruisers.
  3. Vigilance - main concern for top tier battles is the long range torps (torp ranges 15 km~ 20 km) from enemy JP Destroyers in solo or 3 Shimakaze division.
  4. Manual Fire Control for AA or Advance Firing Training - the usefulness between the 2 is debatable. The choice are give 100% efficiency to 127mm AA guns on marked enemy planes OR increased gun range of all AA & secondaries.
  5. Jack of All Trades or Manual Fire Control for Secondaries - debatable also, choices are increased gun accuracy or shorter cooldown time on your damage control and hull repair

451 posts
6,946 battles

Sit awareness

EM

Vigilance or superintendent

AFT (if weak aa) or MFCAA(if stronger aa like NC to yammy(

Concealment expert or jack of all trades or MFCSB

Concealment expert for alpha strike potential and ease of closing in. The "you're always spotted" rule is bullshit, because in the iowa u can get around 12km concealment, enough to catch most cruisers off guard to the point where they find it difficult to u-turn away from you as they no longer can use distance to dodge shells

103 posts
3,940 battles

Is it wrong to have more than one tier skill on a IJN BB? I usually go for Sit Awareness and Survival Basics on the first tier, then another 2, etc.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Is it wrong to have more than one tier skill on a IJN BB? I usually go for Sit Awareness and Survival Basics on the first tier, then another 2, etc.

not wrong. It's what u prioritize first, as even the 5 tierskill takes quite awhile to get

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,513 battles

Well, this is my commander skills from my Fusou and bringing it up to Yamato:

1. Basic Firing Training or Basics of Survivability
  2. Expert Marksman - it's way more beneficial than Fire Prevention, although you have the long gun range to keep yourself away from pyromaniac cruisers.
  3. Vigilance - main concern for top tier battles is the long range torps (torp ranges 15 km~ 20 km) from enemy JP Destroyers in solo or 3 Shimakaze division.
  4. Manual Fire Control for AA or Advance Firing Training - the usefulness between the 2 is debatable. The choice are give 100% efficiency to 127mm AA guns on marked enemy planes OR increased gun range of all AA & secondaries.
  5. Jack of All Trades or Manual Fire Control for Secondaries - debatable also, choices are increased gun accuracy or shorter cooldown time on your damage control and hull repair

Nah I always get Fire Prevention... I don't tend to have problems with turret traverse as I plan my shots and turret traverse well ahead of time...

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,513 battles

Fire prevention is useless as it is divisive, not subtractive

Dammmmm - don't have the money to respec, hopefully they fix it at some point...

451 posts
6,946 battles

Dammmmm - don't have the money to respec, hopefully they fix it at some point...

Not a big problem if you're good already, 0.7/sec is just enough for me to get my full salvo off and then angle back again by reducing the train time on the rear guns

on the other hand pyro at tier 4 is additive, so it's now a must have for cruisers

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Nah I always get Fire Prevention... I don't tend to have problems with turret traverse as I plan my shots and turret traverse well ahead of time...

Like I said, Vigilance for top-tier battleship. Because your main concern is more on 20km range torpedo from ninja destroyers than the 17km range HE shells from trigger-happy enemy cruisers. As you can go wreck those visible trigger-happy cruisers. That's how I weight the risk on this case.
Edited by Mingfang47