Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
greifer

Captain Skills - For Weather Conditions

4 comments in this topic

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

I read several years ago a naval history book that stated that the imperial japanese crews trained extensively for night engagements which gave them an edge over their US counterparts. (Alas i will have to find the book to reference it again).

This got me thinking about Captain Skills and the proposed weather impacts on game.

If we get rain, night, fog, etc would it be worth having a high tier skill that aided the crew in main battery range for those conditions to simulate that training? Id say reduce the dispersion but that may not be a popular one.

As its only for certain maps, this skill would be of benefit only at certain times but if its made tempting enough may be worth a captain using that skill.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

We'll have to wait until weather effects that impact gameplay to make it into the game first.

Until then, it's pointless to discuss Commander skills related to weather since we don't know what will be affected by weather and what not.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

We'll have to wait until weather effects that impact gameplay to make it into the game first.

Until then, it's pointless to discuss Commander skills related to weather since we don't know what will be affected by weather and what not.

Like what he said, if Dev implements it then we'll talk about re-working on the skills tree (and hopefully get free skill reset... NOT™).

216 posts
2,239 battles

Maybe WG will bring in the "Bwaak Cluk lll Stabilization" for rough seas. Late top secret WW2 tech, not very well known, but it was very effective on rough seas, and allowed almost flawless precision (the final model was nicknamed the "LIZZY").

DA2OHOL.png

kE7xE2P.gifrRCzJLX.gifw8Ahaq2.gif

Hope you enjoyed this nearly forgotten tech.

Edited by Ryzil

Sign in to follow this