Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WR102ka

MM is a joke(rant)

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
12 posts
3,495 battles

A tier V game, idk how mm can give me something like this while 30+ people queuing. "Improved MM" facepalm 

wtfisthismm.jpg

wtfisthismm00.jpg

Edited by WR102ka

Super Tester
2,725 posts

So.... how many times did you encountered the incomplete MM? I understand the severity is high, the occurrence/frequency is the question. We didn't hear/read from the development team say "the game's matchmaking system is perfect" though, that is why the appropriate word for it is "improved" rather than "perfect". If they used the word "perfect", there will be flood load of rant thread. Understand?

Regardless, please do file a bug report and use the appropriate format for it.

783 posts
4,819 battles

As said above, please do file a report on it.

MM is still going under improvements(the latest one was same nation same tier ship distribution I think? ) and can hardly be called perfect.

I've seen this type of MM only like 3 times in all my games and is mostly caused by having a LOT of divisions in said battles. Around 5 and 6 if I recall correctly.

451 posts
6,946 battles

You'll have to wait on this one as 2 other tech trees are coming soon. Imagine the chaos then if they don't fix it now.

The more pressing issue is actually the meta now at higher tiers

Super Tester
2,725 posts

shot-16.03.17_02.34.01-0777.jpgshot-16.03.17_02.34.04-0191.jpg

Well...sometimes it happened to me too...

Dude, that's like 2 AM Vietnam time which is 3 AM in server time. Saw the battle time, which is 2 AM (VN time) of March 17? :hiding:

That is understandable as you don't get much people playing at that tier as they're asleep.

But still, the concern on that is.... the division will definitely ruined the MM.

Edited by Mingfang47

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

It is what it is. There's nothing we can do about it. WG Devs hardly ever listen to players concerning the trademarked MM system.

NA Forums. Ardraiss is a developer. He has this to say when I asked about the supposedly used MM Patent.

View PostArdRaeiss, on 07 March 2016 - 09:33 AM, said:

What part of "This patent is not used, at least in WoWS(this is what I know for sure). There is no "rigging"." is hard to understand? It simply not used and patented "just in case" like so many things.

He also stated on Reddit here:

ardraeissWoWS Gameplay Scripter 8 points 1 month ago 

It's not used. It also would be very server time consuming to use such technology(since it would require so much more calculations to balance teams this way).

Lastly, it's all up to you.

Ard says no Magic MM Ard admits Magic MM Ard Says Nothing
WOWS actually has Magic MM Eventually will be caught in the lie, will become disreputable, WG looks bad. Anarchy, game hate. Status Quo
WOWS doesn't actually have Magic MM Taken with grain of salt, players will still say that Ard is not a reputable source. Anarchy, Ard lying and confusing players Status Quo
Edited by TE_Deathskyz

575 posts
5,354 battles

NA Forums. Ardraiss is a developer. He has this to say when I asked about the supposedly used MM Patent.

He also stated on Reddit here:

ardraeissWoWS Gameplay Scripter 8 points 1 month ago 

It's not used. It also would be very server time consuming to use such technology(since it would require so much more calculations to balance teams this way).

Lastly, it's all up to you.

Ard says no Magic MM Ard admits Magic MM Ard Says Nothing
WOWS actually has Magic MM Eventually will be caught in the lie, will become disreputable, WG looks bad. Anarchy, game hate. Status Quo
WOWS doesn't actually have Magic MM Taken with grain of salt, players will still say that Ard is not a reputable source. Anarchy, Ard lying and confusing players Status Quo

Ahem, DeathSkyz, do you understand the difference between trademark and patent? You will notice I did not say, 'patented MM.' I said, 'trademarked MM.' There is quite a difference between the two. And my point stands, WG devs hardly, if ever, listen to players concerning their match making systems for any of their games. As for the rest of your post here, it has no bearing on what I originally posted. Nice go at trying to insinuate I'm part of that conspiracy theorist crowd.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

Ah I see. It's the "I can't win so I'll argue about grammar/vocab in an online game forum."

tsMeNow, said:

Might I hit a nerve? I will not explain it to you since you refuse to take at face value what I said. Nice try but you failed in trying to turn this around.

Mark Twain has invaluable advice. I shall follow him and end myself here.

580 posts
1,587 battles

I've had this happen to me twice ever since I started with WoWS... I am led to believe that these "missing" ships are somewhere in the Twilight Zone now... The poor unlucky souls...

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Yesterday I had my first ever battle where my team had more tier 10s than the enemy team.

For every tier 10 battle I enter I always count how many tier 10s on each team, just as many do.

Most often the MM is favoured to the enemy team, occasionally it's balanced, and very very rarely it's been in my teams favour, IF we were to use the "which team has the most tier 10's" stat.

Now this is where it gets interesting:

Most often the MM is favoured to the enemy team, occasionally it's balanced, and very very rarely it's been in my teams favour, IF we were to use the "which team gets the idiot platoon" stat. (the R word to describe these despicable players that take up a valuable team spot is banned, and I got banned for using it). 

Most often the MM is favoured to the enemy team, occasionally it's balanced, and very very rarely it's been in my teams favour, IF we were to use the "which team has a cv player that uses planes to spot invisible ships for their team" stat.

Of those 3 random very noticeable stats if you happen to be the player on the wrong side of MM, have only happened once, in favour of said "unlucky" player, and many many times NOT in favour.

Interesting to note: player only has WR of 46% on WoWS and 52% on WoT, although true wr on WoT is around 69-75% if player was interested in stat padding amongst other variables he could use to favour WR.

Edited by BlackFart

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yobbo finally has another friend!~

Hmmmm:fishpalm:

But did any one count the number of ships on each team??

The enemy team had 13 ships ?? How is it possible that one side can have 13 ships?, the max on any team is only 12 ships is it not??

Sign in to follow this