Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
lordphilippe

need help from Expert of secondaries.

19 comments in this topic

69 posts
8,828 battles

the level 5 captain skill manual control for secondaries, it says with this skill, the secondaries will not fire at all without manual target selection. So what happen if enemy ships appear on both side of my ship, and I can only manual target my secondaries to one ship, then what happens to the other side of secondaries?  will they fire or not?

575 posts
5,354 battles

Well, unless it will allow you to select 2 targets on opposite sides of the ship, you're screwed. I think this is where the devs neglected to see a scenario like this happening. That or they are incapable of programming it to do so. They should have let the secondaries fire normally as they do without the focus; however, when the focus is used it gets the modifiers from the level 5 skill on said target. Otherwise, you have useless secondaries that will not fire unless you select a target. This is a skill I won't take until such time they see the screwed it up in the first place. That could be awhile though.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Having enemy on both sides of your ship within secondary range is not a nice to be....

You could use secondaries for port side and main for starboard to help get out of a bad predicament.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

If you're fast you can shuffle targets on each broadside between reloads, hard to do but it can be done..

I think it's a good way to balance the awesome secondaries accuracy it gives and demands more situational awareness

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,364 battles

may i ask, what's the range of the secondary?!

gee how often do you guys get close enough to use secondaries let alone need to use them on both sides of your ship?.

quite often recently :(, most of them being chased by CAs and DDs

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

may i ask, what's the range of the secondary?!

Stock secondaries range T7 and above:

Izumo/Yamato = 7 km

Nagato/Colorado/Iowa/Montana = 5 km

NoCal/Amagi/Tirpitz = 4.5 km

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

I have another Question! 

if I not use that Skill (Manual Control) and have enemy on both side and I select Primary target on one side ... the other side still firing at 2nd enemy or it stop firing like you have the skill

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,364 battles

Stock secondaries range T7 and above:

Izumo/Yamato = 7 km

Nagato/Colorado/Iowa/Montana = 5 km

NoCal/Amagi/Tirpitz = 4.5 km

thanx for the info

gotta remember to keep my distance,

69 posts
8,828 battles

I have another Question! 

if I not use that Skill (Manual Control) and have enemy on both side and I select Primary target on one side ... the other side still firing at 2nd enemy or it stop firing like you have the skill

without that manual control skill, your secondaries will fire both sides, i had that kind of situation to fire off DDs on both sides with my Mikasa,

69 posts
8,828 battles

thanx for the info

gotta remember to keep my distance,

thats without advnced fire training skill and flag which will add another 20% and 5% range.

69 posts
8,828 battles

Even you are allowed to use this on both side, I don't think the secondaries can save you from being wrecked by cit hits

At first, they can alarm you , when you focusing aiming your main gun, you probably wouldnt notice a DD already at very close range until the sound of firing of secondaries, and secondly Japanese battleships secondaries are actually quite powerful, especially Mikasa, ishizuchi and nagato.

69 posts
8,828 battles

That situation were very rare.

but imo, the secondaries were not reliable enough for 5 point skill.

well, Nagato on each side got nine 140mm shooting AP shell and 4 127mm shooting HE shell constantly when enemy ships get close, its like having a Cleveland fighting along side you, only hoping the accuracy can be better, then this level 5 skill manual control for secondaries appears..very tempting to invest in that skill.:popcorn:

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

without that manual control skill, your secondaries will fire both sides, i had that kind of situation to fire off DDs on both sides with my Mikasa,

OK thx ... then maybe i go for another skill  cas I want both side to able to fire ... 

1,107 posts
7,840 battles

well, Nagato on each side got nine 140mm shooting AP shell and 4 127mm shooting HE shell constantly when enemy ships get close, its like having a Cleveland fighting along side you, only hoping the accuracy can be better, then this level 5 skill manual control for secondaries appears..very tempting to invest in that skill.:popcorn:

Yeah, I know. I got Tirpitz which are one of the most brutal secondaries among batleship.

I got Secondaries upgrade and Captain with AFT which makes it fire from 6.5km away.

However situation were rarely encounterd.

for example this is one of the rare games where my secondaries were particularly deal huge damage - 40k dmg !!!

when Im charging to small group of 2 Fuso and Colorado, all the sec guns were blazing from all sides. its awesome btw

V2wc8No.jpg

see one thing

most of dmg dealt by secondaries were dealt via burning, rather than the shell itself.

so its by no means, very unreliable

unless, the secondaries can open fire from 9.8km or (10km+ with flag) away like yamato. 5 Skill point were extremly expensive for most of Battleship

Edited by humusz

Sign in to follow this