Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flemboy

Please add new complaint categories for DDs.

43 comments in this topic

[AE]
202 posts
9,515 battles

Look, I've got heaps of time up in WoT, and have just started playing WoWs. Not many complaint options in WoWs. Also, pointing out the "timid" play of others is likely to see me getting banned. They category of "Plays poorly" means what? Nothing. It neither tells the perpetrator what people think of them, and cannot help them understand what they are doing is wrong. More complaint categories please. And be specific.

Cowardice (DD) - DDs that make no effort to engage the enemy, allowing team to die as they sit back and circle at 10km firing torps with a range of between 3-8km. Now of course, a IJN DD can do this and at least pretend that he does it for "Tactical" reasons, but Russian and US DD players engaging the enemy at double their torp range is just a mix of idiocy (What cant even READ about the capabilities of your ship of choice?) and out right craven cowardice. Just like Scouts in WoT, they have pretty much chosen a ship that cant lend too much fire support, so they had BETTER use the ship for its intended purpose, or you are just playing in a team one down from the start.

Team Killer (DD) - DDs that sit back and circle, and fire torps at enemy 10km away, but hit their teammates from behind. DDs are definitely the worst offenders. Now and then another category teammate will accidently blast you, but that's an obvious mistake due to not seeing you in binoc view. DD players simply don't seem to care.

Deserter (DD or CA) - DDs and CAs that rush forward on flank, demanding "I need support" and when BB teammates follow, turn away from enemy, leaving now unsupported BB to die. It happened to me a lot, but now that I just assume my DD pals WILL run away I just do the smart thing and not go with them. But in almost every battle I see teammates in BBs get caught out like this.

I could possibly put some categories in for other types, but to be honest, most other BB and CA players I see use their ships to the limit of their abilities. I used to dislike timid BB drivers (Maybe my WoT experience of heavy tank drivers showing through) but now I get it (See Deserter).

580 posts
1,587 battles

DDs?... Again? :sceptic:

Well it is a known issue that the DD class is WoWS "jacked-up and straved pitbulls" and as a DD player I do have to agree especially those who launch 4KM torps against a 10KM target (go figure)... and those who rush in blindly, "Move fast, move smart, move with purpose I'd always say"

But you need to understand that once the shells start flying at us there's not much to do but open the gap and return to the fight at a different approach... If we stay, we sink, if we sink the team loses points... Don't take it as "running away", it is as you say there isn't much firepower in store for DDs so what's the point? I usually contribute to damage the enemy with hit and run tactics but sustained fire isn't viable (unless if said target is in critical health)...

I'm really no good to my team if I get sunk early so sue me if I change my position but never mistake me for running with my tail in between my legs...

Edited by Kreigg

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

BBs are the big strong brave guys, never, never have i seen them camping waaay up the back, especially when they're needed up forward...or all groped together near cap C, when B and A need to be taken, quickly..nope, never seen that either.. and if I did see that, I would blame DDs

Did you know it's the DDs fault when CV doesn't send his planes to scout the caps??

Yep, blame it on DDs.

~sarcastic bit over~

Bad play comes in all forms and on all ship types. Maybe it's easier to see DDs make stuff ups..

I agree, more reporting options would be good, I would like to see AFK ...What Kreigg said is noteworthy as well. DDs have to stay hidden, otherwise their deadmeat.

There is nothing much worse than seeing a ship launch his torps at start of battle ( CAs are just as guilty), i make a mental to avoid going near those guys ...

And sometimes there is a time to make a 'runaway' decision, to retire back to invisible status, then return to the thick of action.

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,511 battles

Specific complaints....

- Too many going to A on Trap

- Going to the 'outside' on Hot Spot domination, especially DDs

- Going down the middle at the very beginning on Two Brothers

- Firing torp far out of range

- Anyone that does not cap, especially DDs

- CVs without Air Supremacy skill from T9 and above

- IJN/USN DDs and CAs without CE from T9 and above

- Any USNCV loadout thats not 0/1/3 or 1/1/3 from Ranger and above

- Used Hatsuharu, Fubuki, Kagero, Kiev, Tashkent, Mogami, Izumo

anything else?

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Why is always DD player fault :( 

No love for Loli...... they only care about that "Burning Love"

I'm really no good to my team if I get sunk early so sue me if I change my position but never mistake me for running with my tail in between my legs...

True.. re route is not running away. we are not coward!!!

Actually i used to rush foward from the start and die early. i think that if i rush forward and can kill 1 enemy DD or CL or BB, i already help my team, but most of the time, it didnot. staying alive is better than trading killing at the beginning of the game. 

later in the game, maybe die while taking 1 enemy is a good tactic, but many time i help the team win because i can stealth cap or just helping them spotting the threat.

having a DD at later game when there is only 3 or 4 ship really change the win rate a lot right? 

BBs are the big strong brave guys, never, never have i seen them camping waaay up the back, especially when they're needed up forward...or all groped together near cap C, when B and A need to be taken, quickly..nope, never seen that either.. and if I did see that, I would blame DDs

Did you know it's the DDs fault when CV doesn't send his planes to scout the caps??

Yep, blame it on DDs.

~sarcastic bit over~

And sometimes there is a time to make a 'runaway' decision, to retire back to invisible status, then return to the thick of action.

Your sarcastic hit the nerve. LOL. 

DD player usually leave "something" while they were taking another route right? :D

Cowardice (DD) - DDs that make no effort to engage the enemy, allowing team to die as they sit back and circle at 10km firing torps with a range of between 3-8km. Now of course, a IJN DD can do this and at least pretend that he does it for "Tactical" reasons, but Russian and US DD players engaging the enemy at double their torp range is just a mix of idiocy (What cant even READ about the capabilities of your ship of choice?) and out right craven cowardice. Just like Scouts in WoT, they have pretty much chosen a ship that cant lend too much fire support, so they had BETTER use the ship for its intended purpose, or you are just playing in a team one down from the start.

maybe that DD try to make sure that no enemy DD try to sneak toward the teamates. LOL. but personally, i have prove that die earlier is worse than that "coward" you called, if that "Coward" can turn the tide of the game later by capturing base...

View PostFlemboy, on 14 March 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

Team Killer (DD) - DDs that sit back and circle, and fire torps at enemy 10km away, but hit their teammates from behind. DDs are definitely the worst offenders. Now and then another category teammate will accidently blast you, but that's an obvious mistake due to not seeing you in binoc view. DD players simply don't seem to care.

I think most of this happen in tier bellow tier 4... so forgive them, they are learning.

View PostFlemboy, on 14 March 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

Deserter (DD or CA) - DDs and CAs that rush forward on flank, demanding "I need support" and when BB teammates follow, turn away from enemy, leaving now unsupported BB to die. It happened to me a lot, but now that I just assume my DD pals WILL run away I just do the smart thing and not go with them. But in almost every battle I see teammates in BBs get caught out like this.

if you play ike that, you will only kill a real player who need your help. before you assume, there is no harm in asking the DD that ask the support. 

the chat fuctions is there to communicate between player, not just for spamming with quick message and "typing POI" like many people do.... :P

1,126 posts

it's no coward, it's call preserve play or passive play.

DD don't have thick armor like other ship dude, a single full salvo from CA can halve their HP. (or worst, mag-det them)

Even US/RU DD are gunboat, they don't fight head-on unless there's escape route prepare behind them.

Edited by PGM991

Beta Tester
609 posts
6,780 battles

Why limit yourself to just those few categories. The game needs to let captains really express all the ways the destroyers in the match have made them lose. Here's a few more suggestions:

(Too Many DD's) - There were too many destroyers in the match. How am I supposed to enjoy the game the way it is meant to be played, stationary and at max range with guns only, when all those destroyers keep launching torpedoes in my general direction?

(Not Enough DD's) - There weren't enough destroyers in the match. How am I supposed to enjoy the game the way it is meant to be played when there aren't any destroyers to spot targets for me?

(Abusing OP Mechanics) - The destroyer on the other team sat stationary in smoke and kept shooting at me and there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it killing me.

(Dying Too Easily) - The destroyer on my team sat stationary in smoke and fired at the enemy and was killed straight away by someone sailing up to him/someone aiming at where his shells started/every torp on the enemy team going through the smoke.

(Doing Too Much Damage In One Unavoidable Salvo) - I was in my battleship engaged in a long range gun battle with an enemy battleship (the way the game is supposed to be played) and the enemy destroyer hit me with one salvo of torpedoes and I nearly died.  No ship in the game should be able to kill another ship so quickly.

(Exploiting 1) - The enemy destroyer was only 3 kms away in open ocean and was invisible.

(Exploiting 2) - The enemy destroyer was 13 kms away and was firing at me for the whole game and was invisible.  It's completely unbalanced, I lost nearly half my health to this overpowered tactic.

(Not Being in the Right Place) - The destroyer didn't go where I wanted it to. Clearly it is supposed to be here and for some reason it's over there.

108 posts
467 battles

Another complaint regarding DDs is that they could be reported with the tag "TORPEDOE SPAMMER". Hopefully, once approved, fewer players will use DDs and if caught red-handed or verified, the account should be banned permanently. Now I think I am just being harsh and so much pissed of by DDs every single game. = ))

783 posts
4,829 battles

I may disregard the intent of the OP for the suggestion but it would be very nice to have a more comprehensive report system(and even compliment system if ever karma actually does stuff).

Long to be addressed issues of specifying to report an intentional Team Killer is definitely one of them.

On the topic of DDs, I myself almost always try to lead the charge due to being too aggressive on (DD/CL/CA/BB). It's a lot of fun when a number of ships charge with me instead of retreating but sometimes retreating is the better choice depending on the situation. Probably my reason for fancying CVs since being too aggressive with other ship types usually is a detriment to my team which I should seriously work on fixing.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Frankly, "Plays Poorly" is enough option as a complaint and to give a -1 karma to the player's service record relating to the player's poor performance. There is no need to report for the specifics on how did he poorly play in the game because in the end & by implementation of your proposal (cowardice, deserters, etc.), it also give -1 karma to his records anyway. So why bother?

Team Kill is different case, you can use that complaint or let automation do its thing. Or better yet, enable your replay on your client, grab the replay file, then sends it off to WG Support to report it & hopefully give a day ban. Screenshot is not solid evidence.

1,126 posts

you hate DD torp spammer?

I hate CA HE spammer.

if HE spammer is way CA fight, torp spammer is way DD fight too

there's saying

"look at yourself in mirror before blame someone else" and "if you hate when someone do something to you, than don't do something that they hate to them."

you hate something they did as much as they hate something you did

29 posts
5,273 battles

To be honest I hate you all (Tongue in cheek), it doesn't matter if your in a DD, a CA or a BB.

If you kill me playing your style of game I want a complaint button for it! 

Or at least that's what this thread sounds like to me

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

Battleships: "I hate DD launching invisible torps at me! I hate cruisers spamming HE at me!"

Cruisers: "I hate BB citadel'ng me!"

Destroyers: "I hate cruisers detonating me or crippling my ship!"

Carriers: "..."

Everyone: "We all hate carriers!"

=> Carriers fault => Nerf carriers please!

211 posts
9,931 battles

Sounds like low tier issues.

Cowardice : low tier issue

Team Killer : low tier issue again

Deserter : why are you in a BB providing close support for a DD? they can handle themselves on their lonesome

Adding more complaints is not going to help anything, plus it seems kinda toxic.

I would like to opt. for a better map pinging system for better communication on the multilingual SEA server (or something more efficient than typing things out in chat)

Thinking it would help with derpy maneuvers/decisions. Sometimes it can be hard to judge what team mates intend on doing in random battles.

Edited by Apex1o1

783 posts
4,829 battles

Battleships: "I hate DD launching invisible torps at me! I hate cruisers spamming HE at me!"

Cruisers: "I hate BB citadel'ng me!"

Destroyers: "I hate cruisers detonating me or crippling my ship!"

Carriers: "..."

Everyone: "We all hate carriers!"

=> Carriers fault => Nerf carriers please!

Except when they're in gun/torp range. Everyone loves the enemy carrier when it's in range :trollface:.

892 posts
7,853 battles

There will always be some exceptions to the norm where DD captains just neglect their main roles ie, to cap, to scout and spot, to snipe (guns and torps). Instead, these captains prefer to "hang around" in the safety of the main fleet. Worse still, indiscrimately launch torpedus without a thought of friendly ships. Alas, its not just limited to low tiers. So, I really don't think adding more categories to complain with is necessary.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

There will always be some exceptions to the norm where DD captains just neglect their main roles ie, to cap, to scout and spot, to snipe (guns and torps). Instead, these captains prefer to "hang around" in the safety of the main fleet. Worse still, indiscrimately launch torpedus without a thought of friendly ships. Alas, its not just limited to low tiers. So, I really don't think adding more categories to complain with is necessary.

With the cv players now being so dominant on the seas, the cv players use planes to spot dd's, smoke just makes them more aggressive. 

This could possibly be why the dd players are sticking to the main fleet. I know it's why I do, when I see 2 enemy cv's on a team. At tier 8-10, the sky is absolutely full of planes, there is literally nowhere for a dd to hide.

if your on an enemy team and you see me in a dd and there is a cv or two, know you are safe to cap and torp spam. If you are on my team, stay with the cruisers, who with the buff to planes or nerf to aa, are brave enough to take on ANYONE now. hell, my murmansk with all AA upgrades, will shoot down 1 plane out of the 3 squads attacking me at once, then i get torped by planes, rickety old biplanes.

892 posts
7,853 battles

With the cv players now being so dominant on the seas, the cv players use planes to spot dd's, smoke just makes them more aggressive.

This could possibly be why the dd players are sticking to the main fleet. I know it's why I do, when I see 2 enemy cv's on a team. At tier 8-10, the sky is absolutely full of planes, there is literally nowhere for a dd to hide.

if your on an enemy team and you see me in a dd and there is a cv or two, know you are safe to cap and torp spam. If you are on my team, stay with the cruisers, who with the buff to planes or nerf to aa, are brave enough to take on ANYONE now. hell, my murmansk with all AA upgrades, will shoot down 1 plane out of the 3 squads attacking me at once, then i get torped by planes, rickety old biplanes.

Indeed. It's infuriating to have fighters set to buzz you and keep you spotted.

Sign in to follow this