Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MeloMelonSoda

Noticed some lag issue

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I just want to ask if lately anyone experience the same lag issue as me or not ?

Usually i running WoWs around 35-50ms which is totally fine, But couple week ago i experience a unplayable lag 50-600ms only around 18:00-22:00 (GMT+8) when server population is high.

I already contact my ISP and replace some Cable/Card (i also replace my modem just in case lol) + i dont have issue with other game which hosted their server around the same area as WoWs.

So i wonder if WoWs server having problem or under maintenance or not ? in case everybody not experience the same lag issue as me i will change my ISP and hope it will fix this problem, if the problems still remain seem like i have to give-up on WoWs since it suddenly become unplayable for me :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Super Tester
2,725 posts

You may wanna check your ping route to game server if any of the nodes has causing the lag or the game server itself.

It requires downloading PingPlotter as this software monitors your connection to designated server in real-time, the instructions is right here: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/7986-reporting-lag-issues/

At this moment, it's lagging again & source are game server & SG network node.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

You may wanna check your ping route to game server if any of the nodes has causing the lag or the game server itself.

It requires downloading PingPlotter as this software monitors your connection to designated server in real-time, the instructions is right here: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/7986-reporting-lag-issues/

At this moment, it's lagging again & source are game server & SG network node.

I will try using WTFast tonight to find out if it able going to clear log or not :P

For the PingPlotter stuff, i guess i will try it at some point thank you :great: (but my priority is to get the game running and playable first so i can grind my Lo Yang lol) 

Beta Tester
906 posts

Melo send us some ping plotter graphs. I'll take a look.

I have notice a little bit of lag last few days. But generally the issue disappears after few minutes.

I'm thinking it's your ISP mostly. They may be congested.

I run the game thru a private VPN on Amazon ec2 cloud. So far it's been the most solid connection I get to Singapore. Wtfast was good until my ISP had their Australia guam cable severed.

Ping with wtfast and ping without it. Then we would know.

Also what kind of network are you on VDSL? Fibre?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Melo send us some ping plotter graphs. I'll take a look.

I have notice a little bit of lag last few days. But generally the issue disappears after few minutes.

I'm thinking it's your ISP mostly. They may be congested.

I run the game thru a private VPN on Amazon ec2 cloud. So far it's been the most solid connection I get to Singapore. Wtfast was good until my ISP had their Australia guam cable severed.

Ping with wtfast and ping without it. Then we would know.

Also what kind of network are you on VDSL? Fibre?

Thank you for the offer Slam :great:

Anyways i will test with WTFast first to see if it effective or not then ill sent you the PingPlotter if the problems still remain.

So for my network it should be ADSL or VDSL since im running it via telephone line.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

the last week been a major ping issue for me, i think it happen more often after that big update.

and i also find it annoying that the port seem to have a load issue, whenever i choose a different ship, it always gave a few milisecond pause like the game freeze..(all sound stoped)

Beta Tester
906 posts

It depends because if it's adsl2+

You may have someone at home uploading something. Which saturates your bandwidth causing the ping spikes.

Or you could have Windows updates torrenting in the background using up your upload bandwidth. ADSL suffers from this problem. So need to know what network connection your using.

Or you may have a virus that's uploading stuff in background. So need to look into it. Make sure eliminate some of the possibilities at home. I'd also assume your using Ethernet and not wifi?

I can tell the server has been quite stable last few days. So you should look into your network first.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

i also find it annoying that the port seem to have a load issue, whenever i choose a different ship, it always gave a few milisecond pause like the game freeze..(all sound stoped)

I experience same issue at port + seem like i have major FPS drop in game play as well (usually 40-50 fps with maximum setting but atim 25 fps) to solve this problems i have to disable in game tree so atm my fps is back to 70 with maximum setting but without tree :D:D:D

View PostSlamUez, on 14 March 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

It depends because if it's adsl2+

You may have someone at home uploading something. Which saturates your bandwidth causing the ping spikes.

Or you could have Windows updates torrenting in the background using up your upload bandwidth. ADSL suffers from this problem. So need to know what network connection your using.

Or you may have a virus that's uploading stuff in background. So need to look into it. Make sure eliminate some of the possibilities at home. I'd also assume your using Ethernet and not wifi?

I can tell the server has been quite stable last few days. So you should look into your network first.

K i will re-check that again but i dont really think anyone using it except me because i disable the WiFi :D:D:D  

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

You could monitor what applications are connected using something like TCPView. If there's anything malicious like Slam suggested then maybe it's time for a scan or something. :D

Yea i will do so but i kinda doubt that since my PC is for gaming only (i have Macbook purely for other stuff) so i didn't download anythings except driver and game but yea you never know hen virus sneak into HDD :D:D:D

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

I've been waiting someone making this post, so I won't be accuse the sole player who had the lag problem by people who have high end Internet speed's ELITES.

I stop playing WoWs earlier this month because the Lag cannot be tolerate. Either WG or my ISP is garbage ... I don't care anymore. My Lag is on another level, it's not from normal (30ms) and then lag spike to 500ms-9999ms anymore ... my Lag problem, the game just freeze. Sometime for 2 second, sometime 5 second, sometime 10 second. I know my ISP had bad route, I've counsel this with support in January, but freeze lag are new since 5.3. I don't care who's to blame, I just stop care, want to play, want to get new ARP ship, but if stress what I get from this game, better to bury everything.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I've been waiting someone making this post, so I won't be accuse the sole player who had the lag problem by people who have high end Internet speed's ELITES.

I stop playing WoWs earlier this month because the Lag cannot be tolerate. Either WG or my ISP is garbage ... I don't care anymore. My Lag is on another level, it's not from normal (30ms) and then lag spike to 500ms-9999ms anymore ... my Lag problem, the game just freeze. Sometime for 2 second, sometime 5 second, sometime 10 second. I know my ISP had bad route, I've counsel this with support in January, but freeze lag are new since 5.3. I don't care who's to blame, I just stop care, want to play, want to get new ARP ship, but if stress what I get from this game, better to bury everything.

I kinda on the side of "I want to play WoWs" but yea with this kinda of lg that i suddenly experience it impossible for me to play it competitively :P

So i might have to take a short break or something but will try fixing it first :D:D:D

Still waiting for ARP Takao le :)  

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I need both hand in order to play WoWs so, yea i didn't download or watch anythings while playing game :D:D:D

i manage to play WoWs and mobile phone together......

actually it is not together, but while i was waiting my Fuso to get into battle range,....... :P

Beta Tester
906 posts

There are many factors that could cause lag. Many first blame the server, like me at first.

Then I realise theres alot more things in between, between you and the server.

Its a matter of diaginosing the issue and solving the problems. I had lag free play in CBT on US server, then it got bad. I moved to Asia it was ok, then netflix went online in Australia. This turned to shit, so I looked at the issues more carefully. Trying out a few VPNs, WTFast etc.

At most it was congestion at the ISP, they don't have enough bandwidth to serve everyone during peak hour so my ISP dropped UDP packets. If you know anything about TCP and UDP you would know that UDP is not gauranteed delivery. So what I ended up having to do is actually mask my traffic through a VPN on a low port. So that it doesnt get dropped or deprioritised.

But I have since found amazon cloud services, they have very good links. So I make my gaming traffic go through them. This has eliminated all my problems so far.

In short you need to start with your own network at home, then do more troubleshooting with ping plotter. Finally you might just have to run it through a VPN to gaurantee a solid connection between your computer and the server. This is the nature of the internet going forward, its everyone for themselves you need to work the system in your favour.

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

I need both hand in order to play WoWs so, yea i didn't download or watch anythings while playing game :D:D:D

:teethhappy:. I have seen the same issue, from 30-50 ms ping suddenly it lags for no reason, goes up to 100-120ms. Then back to normal. Not my ISP or my PC. It's probably the game server overloaded. I tested it by playing WOT's at the same time I saw lag issues in WOW's and WOT runs just fine between 30-50 ms with no lag issues.

Sign in to follow this