Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_CaptNemo_

When are the aircraft carrier planes getting nerfed?

31 comments in this topic

6 posts
71 battles

Join a battle, game starts, my slow ass BB starts moving, 20 seconds into the battle I'm bombarded by torpedos from all angles too impossible to even dodge.....dead.

No wonder everyone is using Destroyers.

580 posts
1,587 battles

1.)  You're in a Kawachi, one of the infamously terribad ships in the game... good news is you'll grow out of that one pretty quick and it starts to get good after that...

2.) BBs always fall prey to TBs and ship launched torps because of their poor maneverability, sheer size, and profile... The only thing you can do is to point your bow to the incoming TBs/incoming torpedoes since you'll have a better chance of minimizing the amount of torps you'll eat instead of taking an entire salvo broadsides

3.) Apart from properly positioning your ship in preparing for an TB attack, let's hope your AA is up to the job and that a cruiser is nearby. Cruisers have good AA especially USN Cruisers (starting with the Cleveland) so stick by them if you ever find yourself in a match with CVs.

I really can't complain if I get sunk by torpedoes by DDs or TBs, honestly its the only reliable way to take a BB down double quick...

Edited by Kreigg

6 posts
71 battles

1.)  You're in a Kawachi, one of the infamously terribad ships in the game... good news is you'll grow out of that one pretty quick and it starts to get good after that...

2.) BBs always fall prey to TBs and ship launched torps because of their poor maneverability, sheer size, and profile... The only thing you can do is to point your bow to the incoming TBs/incoming torpedoes since you'll have a better chance of minimizing the amount of torps you'll eat instead of taking an entire salvo broadsides

3.) Apart from properly positioning your ship in preparing for an TB attack, let's hope your AA is up to the job and that a cruiser is nearby. Cruisers have good AA especially USN Cruisers (starting with the Cleveland) so stick by them if you ever find yourself in a match with CVs.

I really can't complain if I get sunk by torpedoes by DDs or TBs, honestly its the only reliable way to take a BB down double quick...

I actually posted on the wrong account, I was in a Myogi and I hadn't even got to barely a 1/4 speed before I was torped from all angles, as I said the too slow to turn to avoid them at the start of a game, might of been different had it been later in the game.

Point is aircraft carriers can send their planes out too quickly at the start of a game.

Edited by _CaptNemo_

580 posts
1,587 battles

I actually posted on the wrong account, I was in a Myogi and I hadn't even got to barely a 1/4 speed before I was torped from all angles, as I said the too slow to turn to avoid them at the start of a game, might of been different had it been later in the game.

Point is aircraft carriers can send their planes out too quickly at the start of a game.

The tactic is called Carrier/CV Rush... It's a valid tactic, extremely risky yet underhanded but it's really rare to see BBs getting their a**es handed over... Usually the CV rush is used against opposing CVs to ensure air power...

Doesn't matter anyway, sold all my BB's, going to join the masses and stick with Crusiers and DD's.

Sigh* oh well... You were so close to getting the Kongo, man I could swat aircraft and dodge torps with her... but it's your account so have fun, although you might have problems again with CVs if your using DDs and no I am not talking about the DBs, they're the least of any DD player problems...

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Sigh* oh well... You were so close to getting the Kongo, man I could swat aircraft and dodge torps with her... but it's your account so have fun, although you might have problems again with CVs if your using DDs and no I am not talking about the DBs, they're the least of any DD player problems...

Yeah... now my hate for CV grow bigger because i keep focusing on DD, it is not CL anymore.....

33bp8wx.jpg

580 posts
1,587 battles

Yeah... now my hate for CV grow bigger because i keep focusing on DD, it is not CL anymore.....

33bp8wx.jpg

This^^^ ... Worse is that when that enemy CV keeps parking planes on top of you (hate it even more when they're out of AA range, but within detection range), there's no really good AA for DDs (save for USN DDs) but a spotted DD is a dead DD... always keep that in mind

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

This^^^ ... Worse is that when that enemy CV keeps parking planes on top of you (hate it even more when they're out of AA range, but within detection range), there's no really good AA for DDs (save for USN DDs) but a spotted DD is a dead DD... always keep that in mind

i play more than 150 match using my beloved Kamikaze R, ad only got 1 plane killed. hahahahahaha

331 posts
17,072 battles

I call bulldust on this.

No CV has aircraft that can get armed and airborne in 20 seconds let alone torpedo bombers. a langley takes 25 seconds to load its planes and a hodsho 16. It takes a minimum of another 10 seconds to get airborne and controllable then I would have to find you and even on the smallest maps assuming I know where the BBs start usually its at least another minute for my planes to fly there before I find you then I have to set up an attack run and then thats another 2-3 minutes.

The only ships that could possibly torp you in the first minute are friendly DDs and they even with the optimal  captain skills would take 20 seconds to just load and launch their first salvo. it would have to be with in spitting distance  for those torps to reach you.

BTW  you're not immune from CVs just cause you're in a CA or DD.  In fact if anything youre easier to hit  with air dropped torps and take down as a DD than as a BB. The number of DD captains that I have sunk with a CV is starting to get ridiculous.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

I call bulldust on this.

No CV has aircraft that can get armed and airborne in 20 seconds let alone torpedo bombers. a langley takes 25 seconds to load its planes and a hodsho 16. It takes a minimum of another 10 seconds to get airborne and controllable then I would have to find you and even on the smallest maps assuming I know where the BBs start usually its at least another minute for my planes to fly there before I find you then I have to set up an attack run and then thats another 2-3 minutes.

The only ships that could possibly torp you in the first minute are friendly DDs and they even with the optimal  captain skills would take 20 seconds to just load and launch their first salvo. it would have to be with in spitting distance  for those torps to reach you.

BTW  you're not immune from CVs just cause you're in a CA or DD.  In fact if anything youre easier to hit  with air dropped torps and take down as a DD than as a BB. The number of DD captains that I have sunk with a CV is starting to get ridiculous.

i assume the TS is exaggerating when saying 20 second,

but sometimes, some captain only join the game when the game already start about 1 or 2 minutes. it happen to my friends often, i dont know if it because of bad internet or what, but i need to wait for him because his load is longer than the others.

so maybe when TS join the game, the match already start for 2 minutes or so....

and i do agree about that CV vs DD, when using BB, i dont care if 1 TB hit me, but in DD, 1 is fatal

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,513 battles

**Phoenix isn't bad, Omaha is actually pretty good...

But yes - tier 6 Cleveland is amazing, Tier 7 Pensa/Myoko are really good too

6 posts
71 battles

If you got one shot sniped from full health, it is only yourself to blame, learn to deal with the planes.

Yes learn how to deal with planes as a BB with no AA, would you like me to throw rocks from the deck at them??

I also said this happened at the start of a game, I wasn't at full speed and there was now way ANYONE even experienced players would of been able to dodge the torps from all sides.

Edited by _CaptNemo_

Beta Tester
41 posts
4,515 battles

Yes learn how to deal with planes as a BB with no AA, would you like me to throw rocks from the deck at them??

I suppose your steering wheel exists for a reason. :hmm:

Nicolai and Arkansas are both T4 BB with zero AA, but both are considered borderline OP.

Torps bomber can ONLY one shot a BB when their captain being too stupid taking those all broadside.

Spot a torp bomber squad, turn strictly towards them.

Spot a dive bomber squad, turn away from them.

Edited by Porygon

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,513 battles

LOL

Most CVs at Tier 4 don't know how to manual attack -

• Front to Torp Bombers
  • Side to Dive Bombers...
  • Don't change your rudder during dodging (as in shift from left to right or vice versa)
  • Sit next next to Phoenix
  • Don't use AP against any tier 1-4 Cruisers, they're either too lightly armoured or too heavily.
  • Save AP for BBs only

Kawachii is niche, but when played right is a monster, move around a lot and get all your guns firing - you should never be saving for full broadside... EVER

If in doubt, play with friends in a div with a friend in a BB (due to MM). Kawachii sees tier 4 matches maximum, so any other ship at tier 3 could drag you up to tier 5.

Worst case scenario, add me and I'll jump on mic and help teach you

Beta Tester
41 posts
4,515 battles

• Don't use AP against any tier 1-4 Cruisers, they're either too lightly armoured or too heavily.
  • Save AP for BBs only

I don't agree with that.

It is fine, just fine, if you know how to shoot you can citadel Tenryu/Kuma/Phoenix just fine.

Switching shells takes time and may waste lot of chance of huge shot.

Unless it is very critical I won't waste shells on DD.

6 posts
71 battles

I suppose your steering wheel exists for a reason. :hmm:

Nicolai and Arkansas are both T4 BB with zero AA, but both are considered borderline OP.

Torps bomber can ONLY one shot a BB when their captain being too stupid taking those all broadside.

Spot a torp bomber squad, turn strictly towards them.

Spot a dive bomber squad, turn away from them.

I think you need to read what I said......This all happened within 20-30 seconds of the game I COULD NOT STEER OUT OF TORPEDOS COMING AT ME FROM ALL ANGLES BECAUSE AND I WASNT EVEN AT FULL SPEED.

Thank you to those who actually gave advice as well. 

Beta Tester
41 posts
4,515 battles

I think you need to read what I said......This all happened within 20-30 seconds of the game I COULD NOT STEER OUT OF TORPEDOS COMING AT ME FROM ALL ANGLES BECAUSE AND I WASNT EVEN AT FULL SPEED.

Thank you to those who actually gave advice as well. 

It takes almost more than three/four minutes for the CV players launching all their planes and reach the enemy battleships.

If what you claim is truth, please consider replacing your wooden PC. :hmm:

I don't consider that because it sounds really unrealistic. :P

unless it is your CV TKing you. :trollface:

Edited by Porygon

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

It takes almost more than three/four minutes for the CV players launching all their planes and reach the enemy battleships.

If what you claim is truth, please consider replacing your wooden PC. :hmm:

I don't consider that because it sounds really unrealistic. :P

unless it is your CV TKing you. :trollface:

maybe it is not because his PC...... Internet speed also a suspect in this case. LOL

359 posts
2,819 battles

I thought 20-30 seconds was an exaggeration. No way any CVs can send planes to behind enemy line that fast (BBs usually spawn far behind.)

If it's really 20-30. Then your load time is far to long compare to the enemy.

Or Friendly DD/CV do the job.

Another thing is

TORPEDOS COMING AT ME FROM ALL ANGLES

Again if not exaggeration, almost impossible. Zuihou/Ryujo ony get 2 squadran. All angle would mean 3 or 4 squad.

Unless 2 CV gunning for you.

Sign in to follow this