You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Todays Discussion

28 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

OK, for those who where looking forward to todays Rant here it is, and I do think it has merit as well.

A few updates ago WG decided to penalise experience players for playing low tier battles, the reason they said they were doing this was to stop seal clubbing. Now in my opinion I think they shouldn't do it  in World of Warships for a few reasons.

Now for those who don't know what seal clubbing is, that is when a experienced player goes plays in low tiers battles 1-3 and basically kills everyone and gets lots of damage etc because they know how to play the game and new players learning the game wont have a hope in hell in killing a experienced player....WRONG.

Let me explain why it is wrong in World Of Warships.

The term seal clubbing was first used in World of Tanks(WOT). A experience player would grab his favourite seal clubbing tank, for example, a T18 one of the best seal clubbing tanks EVER  and it was very easy to get 12+ kills in this little gem of a TD. 

The reason why this tank was a gem of a seal clubbing tank was the fact that most tanks at tier 2 could not pen the front of this tank, now an experienced player would know this and use it to his advantage, were a new player would have no idea why he couldn't pen this gem of a tank from the front at tier 2 and thus the seal clubber would have a ball. so rightly yes in WOT seal clubbers at low tiers needed to get some sort of penalty.

Now here is the difference between WOT and WOWS (has anyone picked it yet?)

At low tiers it is still damn hard to get wins even if you are a 3000 game player in WOWS, it is not easy at all. In WOT for example if its 1v4 the 1 experienced player can kill the 4 inexperienced players agreed?, But in WOWS this is just about impossible, Reason?.

Yes in WOT a seal clubber gets to use armour and bounce shots of the front of his little gem of a TD, now in WOWS if u haven't noticed Ships don't have armour like a tank does and thus it doesn't matter if you get hit by HE or AP your ship is going to take damage regardless if you are a experienced player or a beginner.

A player playing his very first battle will do damage to a ship even if the experienced player has played 3-5000 battles his ship will still take damage, will still get set on fire, will still have module damage, regardless of experience.

Ships don't and wont bounce shots like a tank can, ships at low tiers don't have the same camo like a tank has, or use cover like a tank can, or hide behind a bush and fire and not get spotted like a tank can.

Ships are slow and fat and hard to turn at low tiers and thus harder to dodge shots and torpedos as well.

Now the reason why I'm annoyed at WG for doing this in WOWS is the fact that WG were kind enough to give us gift ships, The Albany and Emden and encourage us to spend money and buy premium ships at low tiers like the Mikasa and Aurora. Now what's the damn point of giving us damn gift ships if you are only going to penalise us even more for damn well using them?? seriously WG what the hell???

Now every ones knows that the gift ships and premium ships are never as good as the normal tier ships, so already we are penalised for using the under par ships in the first place as they are not as good as other ships of the same tier.

Isn't that alone enough of a penalty with out having to handicap us even more???. As it is, its the luck of the draw( see what I did there) in what team you are given in the first place by MM.

If you are going to continue to penalise players in this way, (RNG is totally against you) then you might as well take the damn gift ships back and just give us the free port slots and then you can also give us a refund for the money we spent on your damn low tier premium ships, that are already at a disadvantage compared to other ships of the same type.

Bloody hell WG just stop with the crap.

and yes people at low tiers RNG is so against you its not funny ive noticed the difference from before the change until now being penalised.

and just to prove the point these are my win rates in these ships.      1) Emden 68% 25 battles

2) Albany 60.71% 84 battles

3) Mikasa 60% 75 battles

4) Aurora 60.47% 86 battles

and yes I use them as commander trainers for other ships captains.

Now if u compare these win rates to other ships at higher tier levels. 1) Blyskawica 72.41% 58 battles

2) Benson 69.51% 82 battles

3) Konigsberg 67.27% 55 battles

4) Farragut 66.67% 39 battles

5) Nagato 62.34% 77 battles and others above 60%

now you tell me at what tiers am I seal clubbing at ??? it differently not at tiers 1-3 in the gift and premium ships that I use. Does that mean I'm seal clubbing at high tiers as my win rates are better ??? you tell me WG????.

so come on WG remove the damn penalty at low tiers, or remove the under par gift ships and premium ships because there's no point in having them if we cant use them.

plus inexperienced players get to learn from experienced players at low tiers as well, and yes I do try to help players by giving them advice on how to play at low tiers if they can understand English that is.

some do and surprisingly enough some do listen and learn a bit more about the game.

So come on WG please remove the penalty and let experienced players teach the inexperienced players as it will benefit the game in the long run.

ok so that's my rant hope you enjoyed it and it not as bad as my other ones I reckon.

575 posts
5,354 battles

You're missing the point of why they did it. They are keeping the brand new shiny players separated from the experienced players as it should be. You think it is fair for you with a personal ranking of 11/12+ to play against a player with personal ranking 1, 2, 3? No, that's not even remotely fair. However, this change does not mean you cannot play the lower tiers, it means that you will face players who have far higher personal rankings or equally ranked as you. That is fair and exactly as it should be. That's the challenge you should be facing. However, to rail against that means you have questionable motives in why you want to face a brand new player in your Emden Or Aurora while they are in their Hermlin or equivalent tiered ship. What you are demanding to do is the definition of 'Seal Clubbing.' This change is meant to protect these brand new players against such things. There is no justification whatsoever to demand them to not do it. None, period.

PS: I learned quickly how to defeat the T-18 TD. HE baby. That and premium ammo. BTW, they nerfed the T-18 and it isn't the seal clubber's choice anymore. That honor goes to the Pz2j Mini-Maus!

Edited by RebelliousYankee

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

IMHO in all tiers you can seal club.

Every tier has its newbies, those in wot new to tier 5, for example, would fall to my grille as they did know about being arty wise. same goes for my fv in tier 6.

Well same goes here. New players in the higher tiers are relatively easy to pick, those who yolo forward in their BBs are a good example. Easy meat for experienced DDs.

As the tiers change, so does game meta and if players don't adapt, they get clubbed.

As for keeping them separated here, imagine downloading a new game only to find yourself getting blapped quicksmart every battle you play. It wouldn't be nice and may discourage you from the game.

Leave newbies to fight newbies. They will soon work out how to survive without having experienced players ruining their day.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

You're missing the point of why they did it. They are keeping the brand new shiny players separated from the experienced players as it should be. You think it is fair for you with a personal ranking of 11/12+ to play against a player with personal ranking 1, 2, 3? No, that's not even remotely fair. However, this change does not mean you cannot play the lower tiers, it means that you will face players who have far higher personal rankings or equally ranked as you. That is fair and exactly as it should be. That's the challenge you should be facing. However, to rail against that means you have questionable motives in why you want to face a brand new player in your Emden Or Aurora while they are in their Hermlin or equivalent tiered ship. What you are demanding to do is the definition of 'Seal Clubbing.' This change is meant to protect these brand new players against such things. There is no justification whatsoever to demand them to not do it. None, period.

It is not seal clubbing in WOWS, as there is no seal clubbing ships that you can use at low tiers that will give an experienced player an advantage over other players. You tell me what low tier ships  that can be used to seal club at tiers 2-3?? you cant because there isn't any and as i said the gift ships and premium ships are handicapped as it is as they are no where near as good as normal ships and they panelise you by making RNG against you its not that they put you against players of same experience as you.

Did you not read the part about my win rates and that my win rates at higher tiers are better than the ones at low tiers ????

I'm complaining about the fact I'm being panelised for using the gift ships that were giving to me by WG to be used by me at them tiers because what's the point in having these ships if I cant use them because I'm not allowed to help and teach low tier players how to play the game ?. I spent real money on premium ships that are already handicapped and now they get a bigger penalty with RNG being against them as well. so what is fair about that?

But yet I can jump in my tier 7 Blyskawica and go seal club the bad players at high tiers and get 19 wins in a row but cant do the same thing at tier 2 or 3 because its impossible to do.

it is not seal clubbing in WOWS, if there was a ship that can be exploited like the T18 in WOT, then sure penalise​ the seal clubber for using it, but in WOWS there IS NO SEAL CLUBBING SHIPS.

keeping the new players away from experienced players is not going to help that player improve. So what do you think will happen once that player then gets to tier 4 and has to face experienced players in a  tier 6 CV?? or a tier 6 DD or a BB that can one shot them ??. don't forget tiers 4s play at tier 6 level as well and a player with no experience will be killed more easy at higher tiers than low tiers where he can learn from experienced players.

Hell ive seen players at tier 8 still have no idea what to do when torpedoes bombers from a CV is coming at them, and I still see those player turn away from torpedo bombers at tier 8 and get hit with 5 torps, because that player turned away from the torps instead of towards them.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

IMHO in all tiers you can seal club.

Every tier has its newbies, those in wot new to tier 5, for example, would fall to my grille as they did know about being arty wise. same goes for my fv in tier 6.

Well same goes here. New players in the higher tiers are relatively easy to pick, those who yolo forward in their BBs are a good example. Easy meat for experienced DDs.

As the tiers change, so does game meta and if players don't adapt, they get clubbed.

As for keeping them separated here, imagine downloading a new game only to find yourself getting blapped quicksmart every battle you play. It wouldn't be nice and may discourage you from the game.

Leave newbies to fight newbies. They will soon work out how to survive without having experienced players ruining their day.

so instead they get to tier 4 and just die even quicker and think wtf and stop playing the game anyway as they get clubbed at tier 4 instead???

The way the low tier ships have been designed an experienced player can not exploit any ship at low tier because every time you get hit you take damage and thus in WOWS low HP means you don't stand a chance against a ship of same tier with higher HP and thus the inexperience player will kill the experienced player when he has more HP.

There is no advantage at low tiers if there was then why haven't players got 80-90% win rates???.

they haven't because it is a more balanced and fair playing field at low tiers.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

It seems your upset because you can't run amok in your low tier prems...:izmena:

Perhaps it's designed like that for a reason?

Personally, i regard the umikaze as a tier 2 killer. She can seal club well, newbies torp awareness doesn't appear to be well evolved. And the torp range is pretty good too.

You just have to find a ship that suits you. You found the T18 and it suited you- it wasn't a prem tank and it wasn't the only tank suited for clubbing. In the end so many people exploited it, it got removed.

Have to remember, prem ships are not meant to the best of their tier, sure, the blyska is pretty good now, but in the future new ships and power creep may render it not so OP.

Just enjoy the game without trying to have things adjusted to suit your whims. 

Edited by AntifoulAwl

575 posts
5,354 battles

It is not seal clubbing in WOWS, as there is no seal clubbing ships that you can use at low tiers that will give an experienced player an advantage over other players. You tell me what low tier ships  that can be used to seal club at tiers 2-3?? you cant because there isn't any and as i said the gift ships and premium ships are handicapped as it is as they are no where near as good as normal ships and they panelise you by making RNG against you its not that they put you against players of same experience as you.

Did you not read the part about my win rates and that my win rates at higher tiers are better than the ones at low tiers ????

I'm complaining about the fact I'm being panelised for using the gift ships that were giving to me by WG to be used by me at them tiers because what's the point in having these ships if I cant use them because I'm not allowed to help and teach low tier players how to play the game ?. I spent real money on premium ships that are already handicapped and now they get a bigger penalty with RNG being against them as well. so what is fair about that?

But yet I can jump in my tier 7 Blyskawica and go seal club the bad players at high tiers and get 19 wins in a row but cant do the same thing at tier 2 or 3 because its impossible to do.

it is not seal clubbing in WOWS, if there was a ship that can be exploited like the T18 in WOT, then sure penalise​ the seal clubber for using it, but in WOWS there IS NO SEAL CLUBBING SHIPS.

keeping the new players away from experienced players is not going to help that player improve. So what do you think will happen once that player then gets to tier 4 and has to face experienced players in a  tier 6 CV?? or a tier 6 DD or a BB that can one shot them ??. don't forget tiers 4s play at tier 6 level as well and a player with no experience will be killed more easy at higher tiers than low tiers where he can learn from experienced players.

Hell ive seen players at tier 8 still have no idea what to do when torpedoes bombers from a CV is coming at them, and I still see those player turn away from torpedo bombers at tier 8 and get hit with 5 torps, because that player turned away from the torps instead of towards them.

Why are you still trying to justify this indefensible position? They will not allow you to face new players and inexperienced players anymore. You are wrong for wanting to engage them in combat. Do you have a problem facing other players as skilled as you are? If not, why are you demanding that you face the greenest of players to this game in tiers 1, 2, and 3? Because they said no you cannot? Adapt and move on.

29 posts
5,267 battles

I hate to agree with a Yobbo but he has some points that are correct.

I am a mediocre player at best and don't venture past tier VI, I simple float around at a level that I enjoy, or did until the game change. 

Not all long term players are there to have fun seal clubbing, some are just playing at a level that suits their play ability.

575 posts
5,354 battles

I am a mediocre player at best and don't venture past tier VI, I simple float around at a level that I enjoy, or did until the game change. 

Not all long term players are there to have fun seal clubbing, some are just playing at a level that suits their play ability.

That's understandable. The intent of this rule is to protect those novices who are just starting out. These people when facing players with experience find themselves overwhelmed and quickly become discouraged. This was a major reason why they did it in WoTs. They must have a metric to show how why they've done this. Still, my point is this: there is no reason whatsoever why someone who has the experience that Yobbo has should be allowed to face a brand new player in the lower tiers. None. Apparently, WG agrees with that thus putting in a protection to stop that from happening.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I take it this rambling nonsense is about this change from 0.5.3.0?

"Settings for the Matchmaker

A new matchmaker was added for low-tier battles. Novice and veteran players will now be separated. However, if the player count in the queue for novice players is too low, then a novice player will be transferred to the usual matchmaker."

It's been said above by quite a few already - it's only making things fairer for the novices.

Additionally, novices can (read that will at times with our population off peak) be thrown into the normal MM queue anyways.

I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill here @yobbo.

It's a change to bring fairness in, and IIRC it's only for the first <100 battles at tiers 1 and 2 (don't quote me on the numbers I'm going from memory).

451 posts
6,946 battles

Umikaze tho

It's the very definition of a seal-clubbing ship.

Since they cant change ship stats that much esp prems at low tiers it's only natural to separate the experienced from the newbies

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

A new matchmaker was added for low-tier battles. Novice and veteran players will now be separated. However, if the player count in the queue for novice players is too low, then a novice player will be transferred to the usual matchmaker."

It's been said above by quite a few already - it's only making things fairer for the novices.

Additionally, novices can (read that will at times with our population off peak) be thrown into the normal MM queue anyways.

I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill here @yobbo.

It's a change to bring fairness in, and IIRC it's only for the first <100 battles at tiers 1 and 2 (don't quote me on the numbers I'm going from memory).

yes that's the one.

yes I understand that, But what am I spose to do with the gift ships that was given to me then?? or the premium ships i spent money on??. Because now I cant use them knowing I'm going to be unfairly treated by MM and by RNG. Yes they also have adjusted RNG on the low tier ships and no they don't have to tell us about it in patch notes.

If they going to give us gift ships then make them tier 4 and above, so then us experienced players don't have to play at low tiers and those who do enjoy seal clubbing get penalised for it. I'm only complaining because I'm being penalised for using ships that was given to me by WG  and penalised for spending money on ships that I cant even use at low tiers fearing that I'm being penalised for using them.

I have no interest at all in seal clubbing at low tiers just like I don't have any interest in using mods that also give players an unfair advantage over others.

Yes I would like to use them as crew trainers and use them because they also look good as older style of ships.

I have no interested in stat padding either as I said my higher tier ships have better win rate than these low tier one.

I just want to use my skill as a player to play them and not be penalised for it.

can you understand that???

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

It seems your upset because you can't run amok in your low tier prems...:izmena:

Perhaps it's designed like that for a reason?

Personally, i regard the umikaze as a tier 2 killer. She can seal club well, newbies torp awareness doesn't appear to be well evolved. And the torp range is pretty good too.

You just have to find a ship that suits you. You found the T18 and it suited you- it wasn't a prem tank and it wasn't the only tank suited for clubbing. In the end so many people exploited it, it got removed.

Have to remember, prem ships are not meant to the best of their tier, sure, the blyska is pretty good now, but in the future new ships and power creep may render it not so OP.

Just enjoy the game without trying to have things adjusted to suit your whims. 

No I'm not upset that I cant run a muck in them, cuz as it is the way the game is designed you cant run a muck at low tiers as each ship takes damage regardless of how good u are as a player. SHIPS ARE NOT TANKS, ships will always take damage. and you cant carry in this game like u can in tanks.

If it is designed like that then why the hell sell premiums at low tiers ? you might as well remove all low tier premium ships and gift ships, so experienced player then cant play at low tiers and run a muck as u say, even tho its not possible to seal club anyways.

But you tell me 1 ship in low tiers that can be exploited by experienced players to seal club?? there is no T18 ship in this game.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Why are you still trying to justify this indefensible position? They will not allow you to face new players and inexperienced players anymore. You are wrong for wanting to engage them in combat. Do you have a problem facing other players as skilled as you are? If not, why are you demanding that you face the greenest of players to this game in tiers 1, 2, and 3? Because they said no you cannot? Adapt and move on.

I'm not wanting to damn well seal club, I'm complaining about the fact the ships I was given and the ships I spent money on are now penalised for using them and to me that is wrong.

If WG don't want us to play at low tiers then don't sell low tier premium ships and don't give out low tier gift ships either then problem solved.

I have no problem at all in facing players as skilled as I am. if you cant see I will remind you that I have higher tiers ships from tier 5-9 that have higher win rates than the gift ships and premium ships at low tier.

I would have no problem at all in only playing tiers 4 and above if I wasn't given tier 2 gift ships or bought tier 2 and 3 premium ships either.

As said if I didn't have these ships I wouldn't give a rats arse about seal clubbers being penalised at low tiers.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Yeah I have no problem at all in what other players do or what tiers they play or what level of gaming they enjoy.

I'm just annoyed that ships in the game that are for sale for real money are now penalised for being bought and used, just like gift ships that was given to players are now penalised as well.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

No I'm not upset that I cant run a muck in them, cuz as it is the way the game is designed you cant run a muck at low tiers as each ship takes damage regardless of how good u are as a player. SHIPS ARE NOT TANKS, ships will always take damage. and you cant carry in this game like u can in tanks.

If it is designed like that then why the hell sell premiums at low tiers ? you might as well remove all low tier premium ships and gift ships, so experienced player then cant play at low tiers and run a muck as u say, even tho its not possible to seal club anyways.

But you tell me 1 ship in low tiers that can be exploited by experienced players to seal club?? there is no T18 ship in this game.

As i and Kleiss stated already, Umikaze. Have it's commander maxed out with skill and you would be a force to be reckoned with.

lol, and their is no T18 in WoT any more. There doesn't have to be a T18 type ship in this game, the two games are entirely different.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

As i and Kleiss stated already, Umikaze. Have it's commander maxed out with skill and you would be a force to be reckoned with.

lol, and their is no T18 in WoT any more. There doesn't have to be a T18 type ship in this game, the two games are entirely different.

yes, so there is no seal clubbing ship in this game at all.

So it is a fair balanced playing field when it comes to ships as there is not a T18 type ship in the game.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

yes, so there is no seal clubbing ship in this game at all.

So it is a fair balanced playing field when it comes to ships as there is not a T18 type ship in the game.

Actually, Iv'e just thought of a way your can have your clubbing fun...play co-op battles  :D

and the beauty is you don't need such a OP ship.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

yes that's the one.

yes I understand that, But what am I spose to do with the gift ships that was given to me then?? or the premium ships i spent money on??. Because now I cant use them knowing I'm going to be unfairly treated by MM and by RNG. Yes they also have adjusted RNG on the low tier ships and no they don't have to tell us about it in patch notes.

If they going to give us gift ships then make them tier 4 and above, so then us experienced players don't have to play at low tiers and those who do enjoy seal clubbing get penalised for it. I'm only complaining because I'm being penalised for using ships that was given to me by WG  and penalised for spending money on ships that I cant even use at low tiers fearing that I'm being penalised for using them.

I have no interest at all in seal clubbing at low tiers just like I don't have any interest in using mods that also give players an unfair advantage over others.

Yes I would like to use them as crew trainers and use them because they also look good as older style of ships.

I have no interested in stat padding either as I said my higher tier ships have better win rate than these low tier one.

I just want to use my skill as a player to play them and not be penalised for it.

/sigh.  You haven't been penalised.  

ALL that has happened is that some breathing room has been given to brand new players with <~100 battles.  

The reality is that 90% of the players you faced prior to this change would of been other veterans doing exactly the same thing, using ships they have to have some fun.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Actually, Iv'e just thought of a way your can have your clubbing fun...play co-op battles  :D

and the beauty is you don't need such a OP ship.

What is it that you cant seem to get into your head?? cant you read at all???

I said I don't want to seal club ok understand that and get that into your  head.

I want to be able to use the damn ships I paid money for and use the ships that was gifted to me with out being penalised for it.

What is it that you can not seem to understand ??????.

If they don't want us using these ships at low tiers then damn well don't offer them for sale in the gift shop and if they want to give us gift ships then make those ships tier 4 and above and not tier 2 were we as players get penalised for using them.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

/sigh.  You haven't been penalised.  

ALL that has happened is that some breathing room has been given to brand new players with <~100 battles.  

The reality is that 90% of the players you faced prior to this change would of been other veterans doing exactly the same thing, using ships they have to have some fun.

if that is the case then why am I suddenly getting detonated more?, why are the ships losing more engines, rudders, guns, and being set on fire a lot more than they use to ??

I've never once been detonated in my Albany until after that update was brought into the game and now in 2 games In a row I was detonated by a single shell from a cruiser??? that has never happened before.

You can sigh all you like, I've played the game enough to spot different changes made that players are not told about.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I said I don't want to seal club ok understand that and get that into your  head.

I want to be able to use the damn ships I paid money for and use the ships that was gifted to me with out being penalised for it.

If they don't want us using these ships at low tiers then damn well don't offer them for sale in the gift shop and if they want to give us gift ships then make those ships tier 4 and above and not tier 2 were we as players get penalised for using them.

Well it bloody well sounds like you want to seal club. Or as you put it "help and teach low tiers how to play"....  You say the prem ships you bought aren't doing their supposed job probably~ you want them to be kings of tier 2... And why do you want them to reign supreme?.. to seal club maybe? 

There are crap prem tanks in WoT--  T7 combat car, T1E6, light vic, LTP. to name a few. They're all low tier AND crappy.

The fact is, not all prems are going to be good. It's not supposed to be pay to win.

It's a case of buyer beware. It's totally your choice to buy them.  Some of those ships/tanks are there for 'historical' reasons. They were the first of their kind, so no doubt were outclassed quite quickly, making them obsolete. Your not being 'penalized', they're just inferior ships/tanks.

And also some of the ships are gifts. WG did not have to give them to you. No-one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to use them..if you dont like em, sell em. Quite simple really.

Nothing worse than a kid who whinges about his presents.

Edited by AntifoulAwl

753 posts
8,965 battles

if that is the case then why am I suddenly getting detonated more?, why are the ships losing more engines, rudders, guns, and being set on fire a lot more than they use to ??

I've never once been detonated in my Albany until after that update was brought into the game and now in 2 games In a row I was detonated by a single shell from a cruiser??? that has never happened before.

You can sigh all you like, I've played the game enough to spot different changes made that players are not told about.

Sorry yobbo but with no actual statistical data or statement from WG that this is the case to back your claims other than your perception, today's rant/discussion has no substance.

I've had days where everything on my ships seems to be made of paper and then others when they seem invincible regardless of ship type or tier level.

1,484 posts

Greetings

Thanks to this thread, i now know why i am getting killed just as much in my low tier & premium ships as i am in my high tier & premium ships.....

if i understand it right...   each game i play whether high tier or low tier, most of the other players are as skilled as me or better.....

i couldnt understand why i was getting killed at low tier in my premium ships, or indeed my normal low tier ships, the new matchmaker takes first place to choose players, then spills into the normal matchmaker, so that must be the reason why sometimes there are not enough players at the tier/ship i want to play, because its looking for other players AT MY LEVEL..

no wonder i get blasted, i thought it was just noobs being lucky or my playing being (++ well, add your own expletive in this spot++) , but i never thought i was facing people as good as me!

this will change my playing & thinking  style a bit, now that i know this.....

also, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS  R N G MEANS??   i am not up with all of the abbreviations

Thanks for the information,  I look forward to blasting ships to bits with this.

Cheers

Ordrazz

216 posts
2,239 battles

151655-george-clooney-tldr-too-long-d-eZ

Ok, so I did read it (regrettably), and actually doubled back over it to make sure i didn't miss what you were trying to complain about. Yobbo, you put so much energy and effort into ranting and complaining about how a "few updates ago WG decided to penalize experience players for playing low tier battles" but you provided no patch notes or what exactly was penalizing the experienced players...

a00a7d451f01a23f9db3d76489c5381a.jpg

So this is what he is throwing a hissy fit about?

yes that's the one.

yes I understand that, But what am I spose to do with the gift ships that was given to me then?? or the premium ships i spent money on??. Because now I cant use them knowing I'm going to be unfairly treated by MM and by RNG. Yes they also have adjusted RNG on the low tier ships and no they don't have to tell us about it in patch notes.

Wow, ok, do you want to know what is truly unfair? When a new player that is actually interested in playing this game downloads it to play for the first time to only have a 3000+ battle veteran in a Orlan, Albany, Emden, or whatever just smash through his team with 5+ kills. Now not to say that the veteran is playing that tier to stat pad or club, he may just really like that ship and wants to play it, but while the little green horn is just now earning his sea legs, trying to get the feel of the game, learning to lead his shots and everything else he also has to deal with the occasional veterans (with the population size of this server "occasional" can easily become "continues") that has a full understanding of the game.

1NKZOKf.jpg?1

So what I'm trying to get at (and what others have also tried to explain) is that just because WG is basically nursing the newest players that come into this game from running into far more experienced player does not mean this is "WG decided to penalize experience players".

Really, you want to play the ships you payed for? OK, first go to your port screen, then select that low tier ship you've been itching to play, now here comes the hard part...

RenStimpyButton.gif~c200

click the battle button.

Now I know that might seem hard but trust me, if you repeat these steps every time you get an itch to play your premium ships you'll be more than able to play them.

Joking aside, how does your low tier premium ships become unplayable just because WG won't let you see players in matches that haven't played more than a 100 battles? I fail to see how this could penalize you, or others.

giphy.gif

What? Were we not just complaining about "WG decided to penalize experience players" because they wouldn't let you and others battle against the newbest of the newbs, and how this has made your low tier premium and gift ships unplayable? 

What, is this now about ninja nerfs?  just the other day, right after the patch I was in my Tirpitz, sailing at full HP I was hit by one shell from a Nurnberg (after he just missed me with 5 full salvos) and that one shell detonated me for all of my health. 3 matches later I was detonated again, these have been the only times I have ever been detonated in my Tirpitz, so by your logic that must mean WG must have ninja nerfed my ship, but the truth is that I was just down right unlucky and was blown up due to a mechanic working in the game that applies to everyone. Come on man, now it just seem like you're just blind firing in hope of hit sympathy in here. 

Edited by Ryzil