Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

yep they dont learn

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

ok, for those of u, who still have not yet learnt the basics of the game, IF YOU ALL GO THE SAME WAY IT WILL ALWAYS BE A LOSS.

understand that going the same way will never win EVER OK

simple rule no. 1, even numbers to each side of the map, always work in groups of 4-6 ships always, its how you win.

yes, I know this isn't the English speaking forum, I'm typing this here so you can learn a simple rule of the game.

Duplicate posts. Threads merged, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

k, for those of u, who still have not yet learnt the basics of the game, IF YOU ALL GO THE SAME WAY IT WILL ALWAYS BE A LOSS.

understand that going the same way will never win EVER OK

simple rule no. 1, even numbers to each side of the map, always work in groups of 4-6 ships always, its how you win.

yes, I know this isn't the English speaking forum, I'm typing this here so you can learn a simple rule of the game.

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Depends on application to be honest.

Lemmings work much better in World of Warships (read: ball of doom).

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles
Very pretty, but what do you expect them to do? Collect customs taxes?

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

When are players going to damn well learn, that all ships going the same way NEVER EVER DAMN WELL WORKS....EVER.

understand this simple basic damn rule.

Lemming train of doom will always be a loss every damn time and I'm surprised players are still doing it and still yet haven't learnt this 1 basic rule.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

Lemming train does work in WOWS. And it's not a bad idea at all. As long as these factors exist:

- No carrier

- A good player on a Japanese destroyer with fast loading torps

- Enemy battleships do not have Situation Awareness

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Well technically if you had a team of good players all going one way....and the enemy team split in half to go different ways, wouldn't the firepower of a whole team (remember we're talking about good players here) be overwhelming to half a team while the other half either scoots around in which case one half of your team could detach to engage them? It's not an entirely terrible strategy....and I've definitely seen it work before. The problem I think you're trying to point out is that nobody thinks about trying to intercept the other half of the enemy team and as such gets ambushed and then killed rather than turning the force (or part of the force) around and surrounding them....

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Lemming train does work in WOWS. And it's not a bad idea at all. As long as these factors exist:

- No carrier

- A good player on a Japanese destroyer with fast loading torps

- Enemy battleships do not have Situation Awareness

But if enemy team have Shima-tan

U R DEADDDD!!!!, U HEAR ME ? U R DEADDDDD!!!!!

580 posts
1,587 battles

I don't know... sometimes it works sometimes it ends very badly... Not that I encourage it, but it happens a lot whenever I play DDs when I scout ahead only to find the entire team behind me :teethhappy:...

It's an all or nothing tactic that either works spectacularly or ends miserably

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Let's assume our team splits up evenly, but the enemy team did do lemming. What to do?

Lemming strategy maybe stupid but it's legit.

It's only stupid when the lemming ship melts one by one when focus fire & effectively damage upon.

It's only legit when lemming ship effectively damage upon & breakthrough the enemy team.

216 posts
2,239 battles

Guys, GUYS ! you're missing the point though, lemming trains never work, even when they do work THEY NEVER WORK ! (except when they do work, which is actually a lot)

108 posts
467 battles

To put it simply, there "might" be a 50% chance that lemming trains work, like what the others said in WoT and here in WoWs. The only difference is that the player should always stay POSITIVE whenever you encounter such lemming train in your team. POSITIVITY would be the only factor that you and your lemming train team can win, haha. Never hit yourself with "negative waves", just got this phrase from OddBall (Kelly's Heroes, 1970) :D

753 posts
8,965 battles

Lemming trains hardly ever work, I've lost count of how many times I have held a flank solo in my DD while the train on the other flank are all bottled up by 4 or 5 enemy ships.

Just yesterday a Kuma and myself in an Isokaze withstood the onslaught of 3 DD's, 3 CA's and 2 BB's while the rest of the team were decimated by the remainder of the enemy team. Unfortunately the Kuma succumbed to the last BB, geez he and I played well, I finished of that BB but alas our efforts were in vain as we lost..

Needless to say that Kuma got a big plays well compliment from me.

153 posts
3,262 battles

lol, i see it happens all the time, all the ships bottled together in the other flanks and just knocking into each other dodging fire.. and unable to retaliate because friendly ships are too close to each other...

And I often get overrun trying to defend the other side with odds 1:4~5 ships.. and not to mention all the DDs coming in from the undefended end and just mass torp spam the blob.

892 posts
7,853 battles

I don't know... sometimes it works sometimes it ends very badly... Not that I encourage it, but it happens a lot whenever I play DDs when I scout ahead only to find the entire team behind me :teethhappy:...

It's an all or nothing tactic that either works spectacularly or ends miserably

It's comforting for a DD captain to have a lemming train behind

575 posts
5,354 battles

Sure, Lemming trains work. So does a broken clock as it gets the time right twice a day.

The ultimate problem with doing a 'student body left/right' no one will push hard the side they are on even if they outnumber their opponents 2/3 - 1. They get cold feet and look for cover or worse, haul arse and run away. The sad part is while this is being done they've left an entire flank unprotected and some DD player watching their map will see this and exploit their advantage and get into the base to ninja cap or slip by to assassinate the CV(s). Even worse when this tactic is employed, 2 or 3 ships who do not follow the sheep, see what's coming on the other flank and call for help, ping the map, and do what they can. All the while the others ignore the calls for assistance or they type 555, [][][][][][], in chat or use the F keys and say 'Negative.' Nothing is more infuriating than watching this happen and see them respond in kind. There's absolutely no team work to amount to anything in PuGs. And while you're pinging the map and calling out help, you see the person doing so being berated because they have a WR below 50%. Yeah...that makes sense in a team oriented game where WR is predicated on the entire team doing their part to win. :ohmy:

580 posts
1,587 battles

One thing I do whenever a lemming train starts to chug along is to play the role of the Rearguard... What does that mean? It means I have to forget about flanking the other side and just defend the Briefcase err.. I mean ...Base! Yeah! the Base! and/or CVs from the inevitable onslaught that will come from the exposed side...

What would really be hilarious is to find both teams to lemming train and crash into one another giving me the chance to solo flank...

Another hilarous moment was that I found myself in a match where both teams lemming trained in opposite directions... It was only at the around the 10-minute mark that we found the first of the enemy team... :teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy:  Heck everyone in chat was calling each other out, lots of LOLs in the chatbox... Funniest moment in my WoWS career

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

If it not multi fllag capturing .. I prefer we go all in same way ... better firepower , more support .. but we need to take them out quicklyand hope that when enemy not rush on other side .. or DD sneak cap in mid 

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,936 battles

Sure, Lemming trains work. So does a broken clock as it gets the time right twice a day.

The ultimate problem with doing a 'student body left/right' no one will push hard the side they are on even if they outnumber their opponents 2/3 - 1. They get cold feet and look for cover or worse, haul arse and run away. The sad part is while this is being done they've left an entire flank unprotected and some DD player watching their map will see this and exploit their advantage and get into the base to ninja cap or slip by to assassinate the CV(s). Even worse when this tactic is employed, 2 or 3 ships who do not follow the sheep, see what's coming on the other flank and call for help, ping the map, and do what they can. All the while the others ignore the calls for assistance or they type 555, [][][][][][], in chat or use the F keys and say 'Negative.' Nothing is more infuriating than watching this happen and see them respond in kind. There's absolutely no team work to amount to anything in PuGs. And while you're pinging the map and calling out help, you see the person doing so being berated because they have a WR below 50%. Yeah...that makes sense in a team oriented game where WR is predicated on the entire team doing their part to win. :ohmy:

Ditto

Have to agree with you - happens to me as well, when you see all the ships go to one side and you attempt to rally support for the other side and get ignored [][][][][][][][][]

So you attempt to do your best hold at all costs and meanwhile the rest of your lemmings are falling back at the first sign of a BB or DD - result is a loss and you are quickly sunk 

So really?????????

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

331 posts
17,093 battles

I had a team member in a furutaka keep screaming for support while he was behind me in my warspite and I was obliterating everything that came at us a Kongo Omaha and Izyaslav saw a CV in the middle decided to harass it and took off a good chunk on its health before he wen behind an island. meanwhile the Furutaka engaged an Aoba that was out of range of my guns and promptly sank doing only half damage to the Aoba.  then the Aoba charged me dodging a couple of my salvos then sunk at close range before he could launch torps.  I then reangaged the CV which somehow survived and sunk him with 1 salvo. and our DDs were good and sunk their lat 2 DDs.

All youre going to get from me if you sqwuak help and your behind me in a BB is a negative and I am going to completely ignore you when you actually  need help cause I am busy doing something else like capping in a BB or shooting at a CV.

I dont bother asking for help at all cause you most likely wont get it and I prefer to highlight a ship or cap point that need attention. However I will help if I am able and its not just sqwuaking cause  you see an enemy and your in a blob of ships.

I haven't seen anyone berate anyone calling for help cause their win rate is below 50% mine is only 49.09 when I wrote this. In a situation where I am outnumbered  badly  I typically either try to take down as many as I can or fight a fighting retreat where I try to survive doing as much damage as possible and slowing them down as much as possible. though sometimes if the lemming train doesnt look like its going to do anything useful just cut and run is the best choice. of course you dont always get the time to make much of a choice as youre often as good as sunk.

69 posts
2,225 battles

Lemming runs can work better in WOWs than WOT sometimes, but I agree that many times the lemmings act like sheep & just cower together instead of pushing hard with their strength of numbers.

Also like in WOT, I may play rear guard or def weak side depending on what ship/tank I'm in. As a DD or CL I'll usually take the weak side & play defensive, but as a BB, it's harder to do as you mostly end up torped or burnt to death because you're the big, slow easy target.

Sign in to follow this