You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dawn_Hika

Gnevny's 2nd Module

11 comments in this topic

19 posts
4,949 battles

So uh, GFCS mod. 1 or Main Battery mod. 2?

I've been struggling with both turret traverse and accuracy atm, even when firing at a BB (or maybe i just sucked at aiming lol).

What do you guys think? Opinions for one of the mod is fine too.

575 posts
5,354 battles

So uh, GFCS mod. 1 or Main Battery mod. 2?

I've been struggling with both turret traverse and accuracy atm, even when firing at a BB (or maybe i just sucked at aiming lol).

What do you guys think? Opinions for one of the mod is fine too.

FC Mod. If you use the Main Batt Mod it will slow the turrets down even further IIRC.

19 posts
4,949 battles

It get 15% faster traverse speed for 10% longer reload time, which basically nullifies the effect of BFT captain skill. ofc i won't take it if it only makes the turret traverse worse lol. I was just wondering if it is worth the cost of reload time

451 posts
6,946 battles

It get 15% faster traverse speed for 10% longer reload time, which basically nullifies the effect of BFT captain skill. ofc i won't take it if it only makes the turret traverse worse lol. I was just wondering if it is worth the cost of reload time

accuracy mod because the turret traverse mode isn't very effective. Once u get aft combine it with bft to snipe from range with 10% better rof.

Gnevny is one of the unique ships where u get last stand first, then aft, then back to bft and then EM. Because even with all those turret traverse buffs it cannot brawl closer than 5 to 6km even with a fully decked out turret traverse build.

Losing your rate of fire is even worse, as unlike the anshan you only have your guns. DO NOT SACRIFICE RATE OF FIRE ON A SHIP THAT ONLY USES GUNS.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Speaking as a Gremy owner (which is a Gnevny class with slightly faster turret traverse), go for turret traverse.

The reduction of ROF is negligible, but the faster traverse (coupled with EM skill) will be a major help in duels against other DDs.

19 posts
4,949 battles

Considering i won't play Gnevny long enough to get aft and if I follow Kleiss' opinion I'll be going without bft anyway through all of my play, I'll choose turret traverse. For accuracy problem guess I'll just need to git gud.

Thanks for the opinions guys.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Actually if u r only grinding thru gnevny why even buy equipment besides main batt mod 1

420 posts
20 battles

Accuracy mod. Gnevny dispersion is already large (inaccurate) enough for a DD.

There are situations that we forced to use only fore or aft turrets for safety, increased turn rate usually is not worth for this.

Gnevny with AFT skill has 14km firing range, so you can wait all of your turrets to turn before fire under your concealment umbrella.

You don't need that close to engage another DD, around 5km is fine. And again, since she has long firing range, you can just pick any spotted DD from far away, and of course, make a priority on it.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,884 battles

GFCS. I do play Gnevny from mid to long range so I don't think turret traverse matter a lot in such situation, once you get AFT you won't even need to care about turret traverse because most of the time you are shooting together with your cruisers from a far

460 posts
8,352 battles

I think the answer to this is: depends on how you like to fight.

If you shoot from longer range get the FCS module or accuracy module, if you want to fight other DDs or need to maneuver alot during a gun fight the traverse boost might be for you. Choose what fits your play-style best.