32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think its Rubbish ?

• Yes
    • No

31 comments in this topic

1 post
1,076 battles

I waited and waited for WOW to start, I was happy that at last a game involving historical warships.Low an behold there is not a British ship to be seen. The Worlds largest and most powerful navy for 300 years. The British made some of the worlds all time greatest battle ships they invented the cruiser and most other types of war ships as well, but not one British ship  Ive played for a couple of months and I'm sadly disappointed. I can tell before the game even starts who will be the winning side just by the way the game program has loaded the opponents. If your on the losing side you just know either your ship or two or three other ships on your side will be destroyed by one salvo. If your on the losing side you will also notice suddenly your accuracy of fire is poor, your torpedoes seem to be off course suddenly. I have experienced this as loser and winner as a winner, a fast wild shot at an opponent and, I think only two shells hit him. He had full life, and boom poor bugger blew up. The game is slow and choppy I play WOT as well and I have no problems with chop so its not my end its the WOW server its crap. All I can say is thank god I never purchased gold or any thing. I played my last game not two minutes ago. I will return in 6 months and see if things have changed but I could lay money it will still be RUBBISH.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

The "cruiser" was in no way invented by the British. It's a catch-all term for the smallest class of ship capable of being deployed and operating independently as opposed to in a squadron, but the British deployed them in the greatest numbers due to the need to police the Empire's trade lanes and ports. As for all-time greatest battleships, that's a bit of a stretch, given that every single nation was trying to outdo each other in terms of ship design and in the latter 19th/early 20th century, the Japanese were kind of ahead because of their propensity to completely stretch or ignore naval treaties. Hell, some American battleship designs provoked British internal investigations because of how much they outperformed contemporary British designs.

Winning and losing is in no way decided at the start of the match. The game does not fudge rolls in the least.

WoWS is also quite a bit more intensive than WoTs in terms of system requirements - managing to run WoT fine in no way indicates that you can run WoWS fine. Blaming the server for it is a bit of a stretch.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

I waited and waited for WOW to start, I was happy that at last a game involving historical warships.Low an behold there is not a British ship to be seen. The Worlds largest and most powerful navy for 300 years. The British made some of the worlds all time greatest battle ships they invented the cruiser and most other types of war ships as well, but not one British ship  Ive played for a couple of months and I'm sadly disappointed. I can tell before the game even starts who will be the winning side just by the way the game program has loaded the opponents. If your on the losing side you just know either your ship or two or three other ships on your side will be destroyed by one salvo. If your on the losing side you will also notice suddenly your accuracy of fire is poor, your torpedoes seem to be off course suddenly. I have experienced this as loser and winner as a winner, a fast wild shot at an opponent and, I think only two shells hit him. He had full life, and boom poor bugger blew up. The game is slow and choppy I play WOT as well and I have no problems with chop so its not my end its the WOW server its crap. All I can say is thank god I never purchased gold or any thing. I played my last game not two minutes ago. I will return in 6 months and see if things have changed but I could lay money it will still be RUBBISH.

If your getting destroyed in one salvo it's not evidence for rigged gameplay but that you're showing your side too often to your opponent, try not showing your broadside so much.

If you're having accuracy issues it's either you or it's your computer, I have no trouble hitting ships and experience little lag.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

at the current WoT time frame, IJN is the most powerfull Navy in the world

Especialy at the prelude and early phase of the pasific war. 

Their vessel were during those stage were the best of the best, Largest, Fastest, have more weapons, you name it from Destroyer to Battleship - they were the the pinnacle of Naval Technology

Their crew were experienced. their strategy, and organization structure were tested in real conflict against Russia in Russo Jappanese war.

And they butcher those Russian fleet with little loss from their side

Their destroyer and Torpedoes technology is the finest, even during latter stage of the war.

Their Naval Aviation were exemplar, with Training and real combat experience for the crew. With the aircraft outclass the earlier allied aircraft deplyoed in pasific. combined with several finnest Aircraft carrier in the era.

IJN is the first nation to prove that Naval aviation is the future of Naval combat, Claiming First kill of the first capital ship sunk by Aircraft which is Prince of Wales, and followed with double kill when they also sunk HMS Repulse short time latter. then in Pearl harbour they open eyes of Conservative allied higher ups that consider Aircraft is ""silly thing from science fiction novel"".

(While the flaw of IJN naval aviation were exploited in latter stage, its not until US finaly have aircraft that more than a match for Japanese aircraft)

British Dreadnaught design, a ship class that revolutionarize naval combat were born from the lesson of Russo-Japan war.

Thats how Big and Influential IJN at that time.

IJN only underperforming in Submarine departement, however its more because of Strategy in deploying them rather than their technical limit (IJN subs were mostly ordered to hunt and make chaos  shooting enemy combat vessel formation - per mahanian doctrine - which is faster, more armored, and protected. while other nation subs mainly hunt Transport vessel which easier to execute and make huge strategic impact in return)

Royal Navy, while still strong in its own right. Scuttled lots of their ship after WW1 is over because their economy cant sustain such a large fleet.

The battle of Jutland also shock RN to a certain degree, while its considered british victory since they maintain control of the North sea. They took heavy loss against Outnumbered german opponent  (151 to 99)

Edited by humusz

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I can tell before the game even starts who will be the winning side just by the way the game program has loaded the opponents. If your on the losing side you just know either your ship or two or three other ships on your side will be destroyed by one salvo. If your on the losing side you will also notice suddenly your accuracy of fire is poor, your torpedoes seem to be off course suddenly. 

You just made my day :popcorn: 

Edited by Eurobeat

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I can tell before the game even starts who will be the winning side just by the way the game program has loaded the opponents. If your on the losing side you just know either your ship or two or three other ships on your side will be destroyed by one salvo. If your on the losing side you will also notice suddenly your accuracy of fire is poor, your torpedoes seem to be off course suddenly. 

q86gggh.jpg

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

you made the wrong decision posting in the forums. this forums is filled with WG apologists and fanboys that represents the minority of the playerbase's opinion. your pain is understandable even if you went overboard, but you should have just quit like a lot of players did instead of posting here.

Beta Tester
21 posts
8,090 battles

I wonder when are they going to fix the MM. Right now, a division of 3 Hotel + 2 Shimakaze + 1 Zhao VS a division of 3 Amagi vs 2 Des + 2 kagero, the team doesnt even have a single tier 9/10 BB. Also, high tier starting from 8 is getting boring with people camping shooting behind the mountain then go backward because they are so scared of repair bill; who break the silent first pretty much the first to get blow up as well.

Edited by MikiMikiMiki

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

I waited and waited for WOW to start, I was happy that at last a game involving historical warships.Low an behold (1)there is not a British ship to be seen. The Worlds largest and most powerful navy for 300 years. The British made some of the worlds all time greatest battle ships they invented the cruiser and most other types of war ships as well, (1) but not one British ship  Ive played for a couple of months and I'm sadly disappointed. (2) I can tell before the game even starts who will be the winning side just by the way the game program has loaded the opponents. If your on the losing side you just know either your ship or two or three other ships on your side will be (3) destroyed by one salvo. (2) If your on the losing side you will also notice suddenly your accuracy of fire is poor, your torpedoes seem to be off course suddenly. I have experienced this as loser and winner as a winner, a fast wild shot at an opponent and, I think only two shells hit him. (4) He had full life, and boom poor bugger blew up. (5) The game is slow and choppy I play WOT as well and I have no problems with chop so its not my end its the WOW server its crap. All I can say is thank god (6) I never purchased gold or any thing. I played my last game not two minutes ago. I will return in 6 months and see if things have changed but I could lay money it will still be (7) RUBBISH.

1. HMS Warspite was in the game

2. Even the RNG cant compete on this logic

3. Don't show broadside please for the sake of your team also

4. Magazine detonation or citadel hits 

5. Its a BIG ship with hundredths meter long and you expecting a fast paced battle / not our fault for having a slow internet of gaming rig.

6. most of us cant afford those but many are on the mid and high teirs already

7. this is an online game. adapt to the changes and and find what the pros and cons of the ships in the game. this is not a single player where all game mechanics are in your side and in your convenient. 

while you say how "rubbish" WOWS is, remember, Wargaming earn money more than other people in what you so called rubbish game.

thats all commander and hope when you get back in wows, we'll meet as enemies XD :trollface: 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Is it disappointing that the RN are not in game, other than a single premium, yes.

As for the rest of your complaint, if you are truly believing that rant, then I have shares in condominiums on Altair Prime that you may be interested in purchasing time share in?

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

don't know about that, neither set of rants make that much sense a lot of the time :hiding::P

But at lest I get more replies to my rants hahaha

My rants are about small parts of the game that piss me off, at lest I don't say the whole game is rubbish. I just hate the way WG control the game with MM and RNG.

And anyone who thinks MM and RNG has no effect on the game at all then you really need to wake up to your self.

I just like the game to be consistent ,and with MM and RNG there is no consistency, because, one game you can lose ya engine up to 8 times, then the next don't lose it at all and that makes for a frustrating game.

Just like one battle you can set 10 fires on ships and the next set 1 fire using the same ship and shooting at the same type of ship.

Frustrating Game.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

So lemme break down the concerns:

[1] There is not a single British ship in the game - There is, the Battleship Warspite. Although she sells every few months, as sale of select few premium ships (BB Tirpitz, CA Mikhail K., DD Anshan, DD Lo Yang, etc.) are being rotated. I understand your disappointment that the British Cruisers being push latter this year, and Developer decided the "not popular" choice.

[2] 2 or 3 allied ships melt quickly by 1 salvo - I say this is not fault of the game, this is the fault of players who just jumps in the battle & rambo their way through. Or who often shows their sides. As a battleships player, I mostly melt enemy Cruisers' HP to 20% in one AP salvo as they often show their sides (This is true for tier 5 & below) as they want to do damage.

[3] If on losing side, your accuracy is poor & torpedoes went off course - The battle is not scripted automatically that the losing team will have poor accuracy & torpedo will go off course. I understand each players' desire to hit the target & hopefully score citadel hit or heavy damage like a God but RNG is in play toying with our salvo spread especially the battleships but scripted to have poor accuracy never happened. With regards on torpedoes, you can't blame torpedoes on why the enemy ships keep changing course or equipped with hydroacoustic to dodge. Please do remember they're not homing torpedoes, this is not 21st warfare either.

[4] Allied ship had full HP & blew up instantly - That's part of the game mechanics. If AP shell (or even HE shell on soft target) penetrated the armor & detonated inside the magazine or powder room, that's instant kill regardless of your HP.

[5] Game is slow & choppy - You may want to specify on slow and choppy. Because what I understand "slow" in your prospective is related to slow performance of game client (battle loading, low FPS etc.) and "choppy" which may related to either laggy connection to game server or low FPS. So be specific on that.

[6] Paying & purchasing gold on this game is rubbish - Frankly, the game never ask for your money as this game is not Pay-2-Play subscription and it's not mandatory. You still have the freedom to choose though and I say again, it's not mandatory. :honoring:

Overall, your best bet to lay off this game. Play in moderation, as if you play often you'll often see teams melt quickly as you said.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

you will see the game different if you have team mates to play with......

even if the match seem unbalanced, the 3 of you can always plan and works together....

191 posts
10,640 battles

[4] Allied ship had full HP & blew up instantly - That's part of the game mechanics. If AP shell (or even HE shell on soft target) penetrated the armor & detonated inside the magazine or powder room, that's instant kill regardless of your HP.

Actually on some ships, getting hit by torpedoes can also resulted in "Detonation". Had it twice on my Amagi before :P

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Actually on some ships, getting hit by torpedoes can also resulted in "Detonation". Had it twice on my Amagi before :P

actually... most BB got detonation by torp hit.... (either from ship launched torp or plane torp..)

yep i did detonated a BB with AP shell before.. but that VERY rare... probably only happen twice so far in my 5k game

as for i getting detonated in my BB. its was always from torp hit.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Full HP allied can disappear?
Not even new in WoT

The shells travel time is far more easy to dodge than in WoT and WoWP

The Major Naval battles in World war were between US navy And Imperial japan Navyso it is a good idea to start with em

This game is far better than my previous Naval game Simulator

Edited by Harpoon01