You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

How to spend doubloons wisely?

28 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,220 battles

I was never a big spender (especially in F2P games such as WoWs). However as I progressed through the game I become increasingly addicted and as well as spend some money in it.

I have been thinking about getting a premium ship for a while. At the same time I was wondering if i should get premium account for a longer time.

How I used to spend doubloons: convert free exp, Exchange for credits and get a one day premium account when I am free on that particular day. 

I always thought about getting murmusk or imperial Nicolai, so i can have more doubloon in getting premium time and exchange for free exp. However my friend keeps telling me to get atago and tirpitz, saying that it is very easy to get 30 to 40 k credits per battle. 

Im very confused, can anyone help me?

By the way, I dont get much free time to play, maybe that should be taken into consideration as well?.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

The best value would be getting a premium ship, which has higher credit earning modifiers than regular ships of same tier. Higher tier premium ships tend to have really high credit earnings, but obviously it's more expensive and things get tougher in higher tiers too. It would be a good idea to invest in a premium ship that you would actually have fun with, something that fits your playstyle (ask around and do your research on them). Another bonus of premium ships is you can drop in any commander from any of your ship of the same nation into it without retraining.

Premium time is always good, but it's much better value if you buy it in 1 month periods. If you have lots of cash and in it for the long run it's even better to just go for the 6 or 12 months periods (about once or twice a year there would be a discount for it if you're kiasu patient and willing to wait). If you're short on cash Premium ship is the better option since it's permanent.

The worst value, as many would argue, is to directly convert doubloons into credits. Better to use doubloons on things that you can't normally earn.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

IMO the priorities in order are:  (in brackets means don't do it ;) )
Daily Player:
Premium Account

Premium Ships

Dismounting Equipment

Retraining Commanders

Converting Free XP

(Purchasing premium consumables - although better value using credits)

(Converting to Credits)

Casual Player:

Premium Ships

Dismounting Equipment

Retraining Commanders

Premium Account (as and when needed, better value in longer blocks of time as amade said above)

Converting Free XP

(Converting to Credits)

634 posts
6,220 battles

The best value would be getting a premium ship, which has higher credit earning modifiers than regular ships of same tier. Higher tier premium ships tend to have really high credit earnings, but obviously it's more expensive and things get tougher in higher tiers too. It would be a good idea to invest in a premium ship that you would actually have fun with, something that fits your playstyle (ask around and do your research on them). Another bonus of premium ships is you can drop in any commander from any of your ship of the same nation into it without retraining.

Premium time is always good, but it's much better value if you buy it in 1 month periods. If you have lots of cash and in it for the long run it's even better to just go for the 6 or 12 months periods (about once or twice a year there would be a discount for it if you're kiasu patient and willing to wait). If you're short on cash Premium ship is the better option since it's permanent.

The worst value, as many would argue, is to directly convert doubloons into credits. Better to use doubloons on things that you can't normally earn.

So do u think I should get atago while the sale is on right now?

I have not played IJN cruisers but i played IJN BBs and German CAs

87 posts
2,742 battles

mine is :

- converting free XP for buy necessary module for new ship (stock ship is painful)

- retraining commanders (no skill in high tier also painful)

- reskill commanders for test something

- premium ships for rise credit or fun with unique play style ships

- premium account

- dismounting equipment (it isn't necessary if u have both premium account and premium ships)

for Atago and Tirpitz profit 150K per battle still easy

400-500K  per battle also possible

Edited by rattananen

[KGHSF]
3,217 posts
6,055 battles

I would like to exchange ship exp become free exp............er....... you think that not worth for it if I redeem a few doubloon.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

I was never a big spender (especially in F2P games such as WoWs). However as I progressed through the game I become increasingly addicted and as well as spend some money in it.

I have been thinking about getting a premium ship for a while. At the same time I was wondering if i should get premium account for a longer time.

How I used to spend doubloons: convert free exp, Exchange for credits and get a one day premium account when I am free on that particular day. 

I always thought about getting murmusk or imperial Nicolai, so i can have more doubloon in getting premium time and exchange for free exp. However my friend keeps telling me to get atago and tirpitz, saying that it is very easy to get 30 to 40 k credits per battle. 

Im very confused, can anyone help me?

By the way, I dont get much free time to play, maybe that should be taken into consideration as well?.

40k Credit ? atago and tirpz can get more with premium

on good game 400k credit is possible, 100-200k credit should be common as you getting better with those ship

however Premium ship is expensive, getting premium account is better if you have tight budget, convert to free exp is however is where you should invest it

IMO buying credit with cash is a rip off, better buy premium for 1 day and play with it

Super Tester
2,725 posts

IMO the priorities in order are:  (in brackets means don't do it ;) )

Daily Player:

Premium Account

Premium Ships

Dismounting Equipment

Retraining Commanders

Converting Free XP

(Converting to Credits)

Casual Player:

Premium Ships

Dismounting Equipment

Retraining Commanders

Premium Account (as and when needed, better value in longer blocks of time as amade said above)

Converting Free XP

(Converting to Credits)

I wanna ask for 'working' players. Only time I play full-time is around weekends & holiday, only had few battles during weekdays coz I have like 3 hours of free time before bed.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Have a look at some reviews and gameplay videos to help you decide if it's the ship for you. I'd only recommend buying a premium ship if you'll like playing it. Caveat emptor and all that.

216 posts
2,239 battles

Truthfully Lordofcaptain, the Atago is a good ship (good exp and credit turn out for good matches), but not a player friendly one to just jump into and play, and a little to costly to be risking not liking it. I would highly suggest getting a Murmansk, less than 1/3 of the price of the Atago (even when the Atago is on sale) and it is a very well rounded ship, good mid tier with a great credit pay out for even mediocre games, and with the new Russian ships coming it would allow you to have a good captain trainer. The Murmansk is a great investment.

Also wanted to add that some players might say it is not as OP as it was before the 'advance firing training' was changed which is true, however even with the loss of that range bonus it's still can wreck enemies with it's spotting plane and the 8km range torps.

Edited by Ryzil

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I wanna ask for 'working' players. Only time I play full-time is around weekends & holiday, only had few battles during weekdays coz I have like 3 hours of free time before bed.

I'm in the same boat and run premium all the time to maximise my return when I can play.

It's up to you and your budget though.  If you don't feel it's a good return, then IMO premium ships are the next best thing

Beta Tester
908 posts

Get premium time. It's worth it because any game you play its 1.5x XP and cash.

Also get a Tirpitz. It prints money when played well.

Never convert gold to free XP. It make you go broke :). Just play the game and used the frew XP on modules and hull upgrades.

I have unlocked 6 tier 10s and own 5 of them. I have enough silver to buy the last one but I don't wish to. I have been playing casually at night and weekends. All the time with premium since release.

I rarely sell any ships. So the credits I get were mostly playing premiums and playing well.

Don't buy camo and consumables until you have alot of free silver and nothing to spent it on. This is the way to save silver. Also use the 10% servicing costs on tier 9+ ships only.

Silver will be your limit more than XP..

216 posts
2,239 battles

Seeing a lot of people sugesting the Tirpitz, and for good reason, it truly is all that everyone makes it out to be.

p7dBjQW.jpg

Just remember that if you do get the Tirpitz that you are going to be throwing yourself into the MM with the 'Big Boys' BBs, DDs that have un-godly amount of torps and range, but this is if you are bottom tier. If top tier you more or less own whatever the sun light touches.

Also I see where you mention you might think of getting the Imperator Nikolai, I can tell you first hand that that ship is a BEAST ! I quite often bounce tier 5 and 6 BB AP shell with that monster and it's 12 guns are actually crazy accurate, so would I vouch for the Imperator ? HELL YEA !

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

If you buy a prem ship - match it to your play style - you will want to spend a lot of time in it!

Even better if you can get one of the nations you are grinding to help speed up the CO training, even if you have to go down in tiers to meet the dual goals.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

so srry for asking this in here, but why many of you suggesting dismounting equipment ? i never even once disamount equipment

ever ship i sold ( because i want t use the next tier) will be sold with the equipment .

and i use almost all my gold for converting free xp to pass the ship that i hate 

thanks

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

so srry for asking this in here, but why many of you suggesting dismounting equipment ? i never even once disamount equipment

ever ship i sold ( because i want t use the next tier) will be sold with the equipment .

and i use almost all my gold for converting free xp to pass the ship that i hate 

thanks

at 6 million credits or something like that for the cammo consumable, it's cheaper to buy it once and spend the doubloons to move some of the equipment around lol

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

at 6 million credits or something like that for the cammo consumable, it's cheaper to buy it once and spend the doubloons to move some of the equipment around lol

:O an equipment price 6mill? wow.. i think i have the wrong thought about it....

my best tier is Fuso...tier 6, so all her equipment is still affordable for me...

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

:O an equipment price 6mill? wow.. i think i have the wrong thought about it....

my best tier is Fuso...tier 6, so all her equipment is still affordable for me...

yeah when you get up to about tier 8 it's starts getting very expensive to sell off equipment lol

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

At tier 8 you'll get the choice of concealment or acquisition upgrade costing 2 mil and at tier 9+ there will be another slot with upgrades costing 3 mil. :P

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

i think i will keep my head low and play at tier 5 and 6...... cant afford it

thanks for making this clear for me.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Premium DD is noticeably cheaper than other type in the same tier, and mostly have good Win rate in the stats (idk when the last time i see it) than other premium ship type