Sign in to follow this  
Roby1Kanobie

Does it get better?

12 comments in this topic

1 post
286 battles

I have played 200 battles and am at t4 carrier t4 battleship t5 cruiser t4 destroyer.

And i noticed this seems to have a lot of RNG involved.Even more than wot!

The only category that seems slightly spared is the carriers.

Battleships are like big arty s.I fire a full broadside and only one or 2 hit the target.The rest spreading around for unknown reasons.

Cruisers need to get close to shoot anything.

Destroyers are overpowered.And the only thing that doesn't seem to be constantly lit the whole game.

And if their is an XVM for this game . Well lets just say nobody's gonna want to be purple.Also what's with the 1 min countdown.

So before I try to grind any further I would like to know if this game gets any better or is it just more of the same 15 min boring torp spamming nonsense??I mean they should seriously put a limit on the amount of torps you carry.

Edited by Roby1Kanobie

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Dispersion's not going to get better at the higher tiers.

Battleships don't need to land the majority of their shots to deal damage - just one or two hits in the right place are sufficient. Three hits to the citadel can usually always kill a cruiser or force it to flee.

Cruisers don't need to get too close to shoot - just learn to switch between HE/AP, learn to lead and where to land shots for maximum effect when using each ammunition.

Destroyers aren't overpowered. You ought to learn to deal with torpedoes. Which means using WSAD a lot more and keeping an eye on the minimap.

1 min countdown is to allow for players to load into the map. Even with it, players still load after the match starts

In short? If you want the game to get better, take some time out to learn the game and make the systems work for you instead of being at the mercy of them. There's no need to race to the top - doing so is pretty detrimental because you'll end up in a bracket with much more experienced players, and will suffer for it.

415 posts
10,918 battles

No it doesn't get any better ... if anything it gets worse once you pass Tier 6

Eg; My T4 Imperator has 200m shell dispersion but my T8 North Carolina has almost 300m

sadly this game seems to be becoming more and more about the RNG with every update

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

No it doesn't get any better ... if anything it gets worse once you pass Tier 6

Eg; My T4 Imperator has 200m shell dispersion but my T8 North Carolina has almost 300m

sadly this game seems to be becoming more and more about the RNG with every update

The listed dispersion value is for maximum range, IIRC.

153 posts
3,262 battles

Talking about RNG, I got detonated in 2 consecutive games.. both when I am pretty much full health at 27k-ish HP in my N-Berg... and only 1 god damn BB shell hit me right at the front magazine....

If BB can get their full broadside on 1 ship and penetrate, the target will pretty much sink.. Learn to fire gradually and adjust your aim... higher tier ships doesnt mean better everything than the previous tier.

Edited by RenaricFox

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles

To be honest with the way the repairs and economy work as well as the comments about high tier gameplay I reckon as long as you have suitable ships for ranked battles etc there is not real need to get to tier ten here,   There is no end game content like WOT. Tier 4-6 is the sweet spot.

580 posts
1,587 battles

I mean they should seriously put a limit on the amount of torps you carry.

Oh boy here we go again... We have enourmously long reload rates at T6 and beyond...

Anyways, the only thing that gets better is the creds and exp you get when you win and if you do quite well in a lost match... The reason is that you'll be facing more experienced players at the higher tiers thereby making all those ship stats just a representation of having a high performance ship but your enemies will be having the same as well so it really comes down to SKILL and LUCK... Luck being producing good RNG and lucky enough to end up in a good team...

168 posts
5,663 battles

I kinda felt the same about BBs until I got the Kongo.

The RNG element never goes away but you do get better at dealing with it.

As for DDs you just have to dispel any notion that the game resembles reality and accept that WG want them to be at least as potent as any other ship type, if not more so.

You do get better at predicting/avoiding torps too.

17 posts
1,383 battles

Nope.

God i cant wait to get better n go back to work...

The grind gets worse, the spread gets worse (unless you have an aim cheat but shhh no one ants to talk about that)its quite obvious who does and dont start on the matchmaking.... how many mismatched battles will it take... 

Anyone got any suggestions of alternates.... yawn

108 posts
467 battles

One thing that I am looking forward to this game is me having the Yamato, haha! I guess this will be the thing that I would strive for and keep me in check. I would also do my best to join teams for TBs. So until then, I won't mind being torped as I will torp my way back up. ^^

Sign in to follow this