You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Storm_Raiser

Too many AFKers

81 comments in this topic

415 posts
10,918 battles

I'm seeing more and more ships sitting idle during battles so I've started reporting them ... as we all know the in-game reporting tool lacks an option for AFKers so I've been reporting them as both "Bot" and "Plays poorly" but now I'm seeing so many that this is no longer possible most days.

My question is: which of the report options SHOULD I be using for AFKers and is it even worth bothering to do so or is the IN-game function like in many other games where it is just a placebo that sends our complaints off into cyberspace never to be seen by an actual human being or acted upon?

753 posts
8,965 battles

Well for ARKers I use the bot report function, every time I'm disconnected I immediately log back in to see if I can help in some small way even if I still have a bad connection, so for me there is no excuse for others to just sit there the entire game.

Plays poorly I use for those that exhibit cowardice during the game or team killers.

I also compliment players that play well, support the objective and team mates as well as those that are helpful in chat or those that give credit where it's due.

I currently have 21 karma points so it works both ways. 

1,126 posts

i have a question.

how do you tell difference between AFK (connected, but doesn't play) and those who have internet problem (disconnect)

because I have disconnect problem occasionally, and start to fear that I've been reported....

Beta Tester
63 posts
15,449 battles

Trojan63, Good job with 21 karma.

Starting to see more player's bots in game too. Not obvious to players still alive in-game as they are far away in-action. After being sunk, I jumped to those AFKs as the other team approached base cap and spot bot's action on 1 of the 'AFK' BB. When enemy DD spotted in-range, the turrets will start swinging towards the DD. When the enemy DD deploys smoke and disappear from view, the turrets actually start swinging back to 'park' position(forward guns face foward, rear guns face aft, that is not possible for human player)! It then carry on sitting still and wait for the next target and repeat the same programming again. Was so angry when I saw that and used all my report points on that player using bot but end of the day... I know my actions are futile... That function is just for us to let off steam, those deliberate TKers I reported earlier are still in-game and climbing up the tech-tree playing higher tier ships...

Just try to enjoy the game while it last and walk away when you have enough.

753 posts
8,965 battles

i have a question.

how do you tell difference between AFK (connected, but doesn't play) and those who have internet problem (disconnect)

because I have disconnect problem occasionally, and start to fear that I've been reported....

Every time that I've been disconnected I immediately log back in and try to help even with really bad lag etc, I may do some damage or provide an alternate target for the enemy thus sparing a team mate. There have been times that I have been disconnected 3 times in one game yet I still persist to try and help.

Trojan63, Good job with 21 karma.

Thank you, even if I die early I stay in the game and try to help in the chat.

If they made these karma points worth something then maybe there would be less players AFK, better cooperation etc. 

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

i have a question.

AFK-you will see the guns move to were the cursor is on the screen

Disconnected-the ship freezes, the guns remain in the neutral position.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Highest count of AFKers I've encountered in my team was 3. The team I was in lost, obviously. I still do report them as "bots" but I feel it is futile

168 posts
5,687 battles

I tend to wait until late in the battle before reporting anyone, as on a number of occasions I have had loading issues or client crashing mid game myself.

I always try to get back on after a client crash, sometimes I'm surprised to find noone has sunk me.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I tend to wait until late in the battle before reporting anyone, as on a number of occasions I have had loading issues or client crashing mid game myself.

Usually it's after battle you report them. Had same problem as well with loading issue, can't remedy it until I upgrade my computer.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,840 posts
4,138 battles

Load times must account for a lot of mistaken AFK calls.  I run a pretty fast computer and a very stable fast connection and still take a long time to load into game.

I hate to think what times some players are getting with toasters on bad connections.

BUT,  it has always been said over and over on this game and WOT, if you have a bad connection then do not play until it is fixed.  You are only disadvantaging your team.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

i have a question.

easy

the turret position will return to default facing if he Disconected. (bow turret will face front, and aft turret will face back)

if he was AFK all turret will point at 1 point

the ship also seems coancealed when the player Disconected

when I am DC, and reconected there is few enemy ship in 9km doesnt noctice me. considering the ship is Fuso that stand still and spotted from bazilion miles. no one shoot it lol. either tunnel syndrome or the latter case

Edited by humusz

1,126 posts

that's the answer I hoping for. but that's only if he disconnect while loading screen.

but how about those who has game crash during battle?, he gun still point to last know position of his cursor right?

my game crash "every time" if I press certain button (DD only, press 1 for main gun while turning rudder and game immediately crash) and it's happen only in battle, not in port screen. I can send every crash report of you want

today, when I play DD I have to constantly watch myself NOT to combo any button when press 1 for main gun or game will crash 100%

that's...... pain in the ***

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

i have a question.

If I not remember it wrong it use to be a UI feature when you looking at player name during battle. if he connected it will be white and if he not connected will be dark grey
but look like this feature gone missing somewhere cas you see everyone got white name and player still afk ... so is every ppls i saw afk .. is really afk or they disconnect but this feature was removed 

22 posts

i know the AFK problem well; If i could report all players who are still AFK 2 minutes after the battle has started i would need to be able to report 20 times at least a day & that is not including reporting bad players & complementing good players.

as for the reporting system It Is just like giving a dummy to a baby to suck on when it is crying for food, it can suck on it all day but NOTHING happens to re-leaving its hunger   

29 posts
1,050 battles

Have you guys even considered this thing called Real Life? That people may be suddenly called away from their computers unexpectedly? I've had to leave a match in progress several times over the last few months for lots of different reasons and I haven't always been able to make it back before the end of the round.  Not everything is done with evil intent. Consider that before you report every person who goes afk. 

And it's also happened during the loading process so there have been times when the guns may have been in their default position.

Edited by Terkoz

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Have you guys even considered this thing called Real Life? That people may be suddenly called away from their computers unexpectedly?

Thats why I playing when i know that i have time to play it i guess, so i wont causing any problems to other peoples :P

For me gaming is as important as real life :trollface:

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
54 posts
1,771 battles

If u see my ING name and not respond or not moving , I not an AFK but having weird game client crash that all on specific map, sometime game lags

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

I report afk'ers as a bot. Their reasons for being afk i couldnt care less. Its a team game. Not a solo game. Lots of other games out there that you can play where its not co-op.

Ships that only move backward from the start are reported as bots and plays poorly. These players are bots as the ship doesnt shoot but only reverse in a straight line.

Ive lost many a game where the highest tier BB ship is afk in a high tier game. Those players get zero sympathy.

29 posts
1,050 battles

I report afk'ers as a bot. Their reasons for being afk i couldnt care less. Its a team game. Not a solo game. Lots of other games out there that you can play where its not co-op.

So you shouldn't play any team based game if you have anything in your life that might pull you away temporarily from you computer? 

Are you saying if your child was somewhere in the house crying his eyes out because he hurt himself you would wait till the end of the round to help him? I don't think so. 

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Dont care. I have a child but only play when they are asleep. You play and go afk i report if its in my game. Your real life isnt mine so i report it accordingly.

All the people replying about real life issues must afk a lot!

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Dont care. I have a child but only play when they are asleep. You play and go afk i report if its in my game. Your real life isnt mine so i report it accordingly.

All the people replying about real life issues must afk a lot!

+1 for this :D:D:D