You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
lordphilippe

the most Beautiful CA-Maya

20 comments in this topic

69 posts
8,859 battles

525f995d59fdf.w600.jpg20110426 248a.jpg20110426 167a.jpgI personally think the last ship of Atago/Takao class Maya is most beautiful heavy cruiser, with one less main turret traded with 2 extra 127mm dual purpose gun and some more 25mm aa guns make it a perfect premium ship along with Atago as a well all-rounder and powerful AA cruiser.

525f995d59fdf.w600.jpg

20110426 248a.jpg

20110426 167a.jpg

69 posts
8,859 battles

...wont that make it better than the new orleans then lol

Well if its going to be a premium then shouldnt be a problem to have  a bit stronger aa than standard peer ship. Yubari have better aa than any other ships in tier4

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

525f995d59fdf.w600.jpg20110426 248a.jpg20110426 167a.jpgI personally think the last ship of Atago/Takao class Maya is most beautiful heavy cruiser, with one less main turret traded with 2 extra 127mm dual purpose gun and some more 25mm aa guns make it a perfect premium ship along with Atago as a well all-rounder and powerful AA cruiser.

its will not be that powerfull as AA Platform

IJN long range secondary gun were weaker than american in game and real life

IRL the american gun is better because they use proximity shell or called radio shell by some. while IJN still use timed fuse. RN buy them from Amrican so their AA capabilities were top notch, while German never succesfull in fielding one (why German cruiser have good AA in this game is more artistic liberties while the USN one have solid historical factor in it, so does IJN torps lol).

proximity shell is the one that makes American fleet butchering Japanese Aircraft in pasific like walk in the park.

so effective that the existence of it were considered closely guarded secret on par with atomic bomb

well, thats enough trivia for today

Edited by humusz

69 posts
8,859 battles

its will not be that powerfull as AA Platform

IJN long range secondary gun were weaker than american in game and real life

IRL the american gun is better because they use proximity shell or called radio shell by some. while IJN still use timed fuse. RN buy them from Amrican so their AA capabilities were top notch, while German never succesfull in fielding one (why German cruiser have good AA in this game is more artistic liberties while the USN one have solid historical factor in it, so does IJN torps lol).

proximity shell is the one that makes American fleet butchering Japanese Aircraft in pasific like walk in the park.

so effective that the existence of it were considered closely guarded secret on par with atomic bomb

well, thats enough trivia for today

Yes I agree us aa gun is more effective, famous Japanese 100mm aa gun only happened to be installed in few ships like taiho carrier and akizuki class destryoers, and rest of and being most of ijn ships stuck with so-so performance 127mm and 25mm aa guns. But in the game, ships been modified in favor of fun and uniqueness, such as Yubari in the game a powerful aa cruiser for its tier but in history it got nothing special in aa role. So for that reason I think Maya can be placed as a high tier ijn aa cruiser. 

451 posts
6,946 battles

Premium ships are a sidegrade in stats, not a direct upgrade. If maya were to possess better aa capabilites than the norl (which she actually doesn't, surprise surprise), there would be no reason to use the norl at all, and that goes against wargaming's logic.

Let's take atago as an example. She gains a better torpedo angle as well as the heal ability in exchange for having

1) 2nd lowest rate of fire in the game among cruisers

2) a huge citadel compared to mogami (due to the torpedo positioning)

3) weaker citadel armor

Maya is very likely to get torpedoes due to ijn and whatnot

She will lose some firepower, but retain the excellent shell arcs.

In essence she will fully outclass the norl. Hence she cannot be implemented like this

Wg's only premium exception seems to be their one and only god tier russian bb which shits on everything.

69 posts
8,859 battles

Regardless... Takao class as a whole are just way sexy.

now ypu have poisoned me to get AA Maya... 

Well done...

come I clap for you...

yes, they all are. But Maya is the only one of that four got extended superstructure and 2 extra 127mm, it made the whole ship look very smooth and yet majestic.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

yes, they all are. But Maya is the only one of that four got extended superstructure and 2 extra 127mm, it made the whole ship look very smooth and yet majestic.

it also make her more Top heavy and more prone to capsizing when in high speed turm

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Yes I agree us aa gun is more effective, famous Japanese 100mm aa gun only happened to be installed in few ships like taiho carrier and akizuki class destryoers, and rest of and being most of ijn ships stuck with so-so performance 127mm and 25mm aa guns. But in the game, ships been modified in favor of fun and uniqueness, such as Yubari in the game a powerful aa cruiser for its tier but in history it got nothing special in aa role. So for that reason I think Maya can be placed as a high tier ijn aa cruiser. 

Yubari isn't even a powerful AA cruiser anymore. Somewhere along the line between CBT to OBT, WG tidied up the AA system and that in turn translated into a massive nerf to Yubari AA capability. Now those who bought Yubari begged WG to buff the damn ship, but i don't think that will happen simply becoz she'd stand out like a sore thumb if she's too powerful in Tier 4.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Yubari isn't even a powerful AA cruiser anymore. Somewhere along the line between CBT to OBT, WG tidied up the AA system and that in turn translated into a massive nerf to Yubari AA capability. Now those who bought Yubari begged WG to buff the damn ship, but i don't think that will happen simply becoz she'd stand out like a sore thumb if she's too powerful in Tier 4.

A certain Russian Battleship is already sticking out like a sore thumb with the highest WR in the entire game, just saying

575 posts
5,354 battles

A certain Russian Battleship is already sticking out like a sore thumb with the highest WR in the entire game, just saying

That should be a forewarning of things to come when the almighty Stalinum protected Russian/Soviet BBs are unleashed on the seas of WoW!

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Haven't used that ship for ages now, simply becoz i got matched into T6 battles way too much. Sure she's formidable for her tier, but at T5-T6, she's too slow and her gun range is too short to make any meaningful impact.

69 posts
8,859 battles

probably from new patch, high caliber AA is improved quite much, like Atlanta, but Yubari`s AA rating mainly come from 25mm, so doesnt get any good from that. But still, I like to buy Yubari if it is not too expensive once it is released again.