Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Coburn

Crazy Ship Experiments: NOS Tanks fitted to ships

11 comments in this topic

103 posts
3,940 battles

Crazy idea that yours truly just came up with.

What would happen if we fitted a ship...

V3au0A0.jpg

(Will never experiment on lovely British-speaking japanese navy ships, desu.) 

...with some of these babies and tweaked her AI processor for maximum performance?

6CH6O6P.jpg

What could possibly go wrong?

Note to self: I'm too random at times.

406 posts
6,274 battles

I'm going to put my spoiler hat on:

Pretty sure nothing would happen.

Most of the big ships run on steam turbines - the Steam is super heater, drives the turbine which in turn (THE PUN!) drives the Propellers. Unlike a car engine (where if memory serves, the prescence of NOS means that there is more oxygen in the charge, which means more fuel can be added resulting in more POWAH!) - Whereas the power in a ship is determined by Steam Pressure

724 posts
2,153 battles

Crazy idea that yours truly just came up with.

What would happen if we fitted a ship...

V3au0A0.jpg

(Will never experiment on lovely British-speaking japanese navy ships, desu.) 

...with some of these babies and tweaked her AI processor for maximum performance?

6CH6O6P.jpg

What could possibly go wrong?

Note to self: I'm too random at times.

Its all fine and dandy until this shows up on your screen.

qwoitGj.jpg?1

103 posts
3,940 battles

This stuff does my head in........and then it also includes the cartoon ship kiddy nasties.  I just want to stab my eyes out with something blunt.

Well, I did add a disclaimer that NOS + ships was random, and this is the off topic area. So yeah.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Nitrous oxide is a pretty rubbish propellant to use for something that will give no tangible benefits anyway, and create problems that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Source: Me. Rocket scientist.

Edited by Haku

103 posts
3,940 battles

Alright, so what can we use that will cause a increase in performance with BB speeds? I don't know what the DDs use. Do they just add more coal/fuel/whatever into the turbines/steam engines to make the output speed faster? 

The NOS was a joke, as sometimes I'll comment in the chat about the turn speed of some ships when they are ever so slow to turn.

406 posts
6,274 battles

Alright, so what can we use that will cause a increase in performance with BB speeds? I don't know what the DDs use. Do they just add more coal/fuel/whatever into the turbines/steam engines to make the output speed faster? 

The NOS was a joke, as sometimes I'll comment in the chat about the turn speed of some ships when they are ever so slow to turn.

I remember reading a link from somewhere on this forum that Ship engines can be over-revved, they build in something like a 10-15% safety margin - discussion is here: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/30515-iowas-in-game-speed-is-unfortunately-historical/

Sign in to follow this