Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiralthomas

Russian DD.

6 comments in this topic

199 posts
18,023 battles

Why is the Russian DD Kiev has such high detectable rating but the hit points is the same compare to other countries DD ? The canon is the same size and damage. This is unfair to Russian DD users. The torpedo is so short, useless unless you are suicidal.  

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Uhh. The Russian DDs have 13cm guns, slightly bigger than the USN's 5" and the IJN 12.7cms. They also fire rapidly, with a very flat firing arc, making RU DDs in general excellent gunboats - they are capable of taking on even cruisers in gun battles, and raking battleship superstructures with HE fire for considerable damage. RU DDs are gunboats - the torpedoes are there just for emergency use. Learn your stealthfire radius, use your smoke carefully, and play to the ship's strengths. 

The lack of concealment is nowhere near unfair - hell, the average winrates in them are frequently higher than the USN and IJN destroyers.

199 posts
18,023 battles

I am addicted to the Kiev rapid fire gun and the high speed. Very impressive but HP still too low. I destroyed DD, cruiser and BB. I need higher HP to last longer in a battle. 

199 posts
18,023 battles

I have upgraded to Tashkent now, totally frustrated. Instead of more guns, WOWS give more torpedoes. The torps are for suicide mission only. Higher HP is good, Mostly the same as Kiev but more useless torps and higher HP. Just forget about playing Tashkent, you live longer. The rudder shift is worst. Paying credit for worthless boat. Can't conceal or attack. Just waiting to be kill.

Edited by Admiralthomas

Sign in to follow this