Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Fine for causing damage to allies question

6 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

I'm just wondering how this is calculated?

I just accidentally torpedoed and killed a friendly Wickes with roughly half his HP left and was fined just over 28K credits for it. This is ok with me as it was my mistake and ruined his game.

What I don't understand is that a couple of days ago I was accidentally torpedoed in my full health Isokaze yet at the end of the match I receive only a little over 8K compensation.

Did that player I killed get 28K compensation and was the player that killed me only fined 8K?

Or is there some secret slush fund where the difference between what a player is fined as to what the killed player gets that is set aside for the moderation team retirement scheme? :)

575 posts
5,354 battles

That sounds about right. You get heavily fined for damaging them, yet they receive a pittance amount in return. They have it this way to discourage "friends" helping "friends" make extra credits.

753 posts
8,965 battles

That sounds about right. You get heavily fined for damaging them, yet they receive a pittance amount in return. They have it this way to discourage "friends" helping "friends" make extra credits.

That could be right but wouldn't the friend helping a friend eventually get banned for team killing if done often enough?

575 posts
5,354 battles

That could be right but wouldn't the friend helping a friend eventually get banned for team killing if done often enough?

True enough. I think the other reason can be applied to those players that grief others enough to get them to kill them for griefing too.

753 posts
8,965 battles

True enough. I think the other reason can be applied to those players that grief others enough to get them to kill them for griefing too.

Perhaps my slush fund suggestion is the answer then. :D

Sign in to follow this