Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
nchnch

Enjoying the current 'camping' trend on high tiers

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,472 battles

I`m not being sarcastic or anything, I really do enjoy the current trend of everyone staying near base and chipping off eachothers HP little by little.

I like how its like '1 stupid move and you`re dead' kind of situation, it requires more thought and skill imo.

Maybe because I almost always play in a division?

I don`t know, anyone else like it?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Im fine by any situation to begin with :D:D:D

All-out attack or fleet maneuver kinda more exciting and fun but camping and carefully advancing also tense and stressful so that kind of gameplay is fun too :P

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Lets see:

Camp playing= Extended game time (boring match as time passes), team playing very defensively for the sake of survival and cost of repairs, torp spamming.

In short, camp playing focuses on 100% win at the price of fun, where basically its the battle of patience (heck, there could be even no shots fired if either team thinks the same, resulting in a stalemate) Result= People who wanted to have some real action will feel letdown and thus here comes the rant of :noob camping team

Aggressive playing= Short duration gameplay, but promotes tactical sync aggressive battle (though this is probably unlikely in random battles, but it happens from time to time). Promotes a lively gamestyle both enemy and allied team, regardless of the repair bills. DD can finally use its guns for once instead of the usual torp spam

In short, this playstyle emphasis on serious gaming with actual teamwork (at least if what the majority thinks at the tier8-10 gap), but that would spell unnecessary team melting if the team does not understand what they're doing, hence the rant: noob yolo

87 posts
2,742 battles

not me. I feel sleepy, boring, stress, useless  when my team is camping. it make me always do solo even I don't like solo.

for me, go fight and lose is fun more than camping and win.

and I feel something in high tier that so many wallet warrior . they get T10 ship by convert XP.

I was notice by I can spot many Zao at ~10-12 Km this mean their commander are not reach 15 skill point (commander skill should be reach 15  point  at T8-9 by normal grinding)

Edited by rattananen

Beta Tester
906 posts

You make the game you want to play. :) if ships are camping then play a shimakaze to torp their a$$es.

Otherwise divvy up and we will go smash anything that gets in our way :)

1,162 posts

I like aggressive playstyle, the ability to make the opposition chaos is fun. Like "SURPRISE [content removed]!!!" "OHHH I GONNA GETCHU I GONNA GETCHU":izmena::izmena::izmena:

If I lose, then I will laugh at myself for being a massive derp/skurbs/whatever-people-call-you-with. Simple as that. :teethhappy: 

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~TheAzure

Edited by TheAzure

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

"SURPRISE MOTHERTRUCKER!!!" "OHHH I GONNA GETCHU I GONNA GETCHU":izmena::izmena::izmena:

This is pretty much me when driving my Derpitz

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

This is pretty much me when driving my Derpitz

Dont forget: 'Banzai!!!!!!!!!' :trollface: (Ram a carrier with a carrier in the process)

575 posts
5,354 battles

The problem with the 'camping defense' is if the enemy has 1 or 2 competent CV players, they'll have a field day with those BBs sitting bow towards the enemy while anchored. This happens after they kill your own CVs. Then while all the confusion is happening, the enemy DDs get close enough to send out walls of torpedoes. I've seen this happen too many times, especially at high tier. I watched 2 Yamatos on the enemy team anchored bow towards us and 4 squadrons of torpedo planes vaporized them in that exact same scenario. Sadly, I believe the current meta has forced players into playing this way. Especially for BB players who fear 45+ incoming torpedoes and Gatling gun flame throwing ships. Then its bow on all back full.

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,472 battles

The problem with the 'camping defense' is if the enemy has 1 or 2 competent CV players, they'll have a field day with those BBs sitting bow towards the enemy while anchored. This happens after they kill your own CVs. Then while all the confusion is happening, the enemy DDs get close enough to send out walls of torpedoes. I've seen this happen too many times, especially at high tier. I watched 2 Yamatos on the enemy team anchored bow towards us and 4 squadrons of torpedo planes vaporized them in that exact same scenario. Sadly, I believe the current meta has forced players into playing this way. Especially for BB players who fear 45+ incoming torpedoes and Gatling gun flame throwing ships. Then its bow on all back full.

Somewhat explains why I`m having fun.

Beta Tester
604 posts
6,756 battles

Couldn't disagree with the OP more - the dynamic play of the tiers 5-8 provide much better opportunities for skillful play.  The static play of tier 10 matches has a very low skill floor.  Most importantly (in my subjective opinion) it isn't fun!  I was a bit surprised to read the OP to be honest, I couldn't fathom how anyone could enjoy it.

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,472 battles

You don`t travel as much but theres a lot more cooperation as far I know.

Shooting down planes, DDs throwing and screening torps, concentrating fire on impatient adventurers, push as a group when necessary, you name it.

In Low-Mid tiers, people wander around wherever they feel like and its a chaos.

Perfect for seal clubbing.

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,907 battles

Couldn't disagree with the OP more - the dynamic play of the tiers 5-8 provide much better opportunities for skillful play.  The static play of tier 10 matches has a very low skill floor.  Most importantly (in my subjective opinion) it isn't fun!  I was a bit surprised to read the OP to be honest, I couldn't fathom how anyone could enjoy it.

Ditto

Game play at T10 with the sit back and snipe method is BORING, players too worried about costs

For that reason I  don't play it as much, but IF I do take the Yammy out it is to play aggressively

Sure my survived wins are low and you get focused, but you are tanking it for the team which is why my wr in it is good

EG Other day plaYing in a div with one other also using a Yammy, we pushed up one side and became the focus of all the enemy team. We had ships coming from all sides of the map to get us, it was hilarious!

But by them doing it our team capped out and we won easily

If you can't afford to play T10 then don't 

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Sign in to follow this