Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Spawny_

Which premium ship to get with 6k doubloons?

15 comments in this topic

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Hi guys,

Been out of the loop in ships for awhile and just recently started playing again for a few days.

I see there's a couple of new premium ships available to be bought with doubloons. Please recommend me one with my available doubloons of 6k. I already have a Murmansk.

Thanks heaps.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

You could go Atago I guess....but I'd probably save it for future premium ships or free xp conversion. Russian CA line is apparently coming out in, what I believe to be a month or so.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Skip the Ishizuchi, it's essentially a stock Kongou with weaker guns. If Imperator Nikolai gets added to the tech tree, that'd be a good purchase. Otherwise, I'd say hold the doubloons for now.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

Don't listen to Syanda. Syanda is a baka traitor. Ishizuchi has very good accuracy. She also has good top speed and quite maneuverable. The only downside is her range. Barely 13 km... 

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

580 posts
1,587 battles

You made a good choice for the Murmansk... but the next choice ships are above 6K Doubloons... Atago is a good choice(solid guns, awesome torps, good maneuverability, usual IJN armor). Atlanta is a ship that you gotta learn to work with if you really want it to shine, and when you do MAN! Does that thing shine!

580 posts
1,587 battles

but you're going to be using Doubloons yes? Correct me if I'm wrong but the premium DDs aren't available for purchase by doubloons yet... but since you're asking, just recently purchased "The Polish Sausage" and man I am loving it!!

451 posts
6,946 battles

If u want fun u can get the blys, but it has no tech tree so that's a massive downside

If the anshan is still there u can get it, it's good free exp farmer

Otherwise dont spend

52 posts

I'd recommend Nikolai , its performance is similar to the New Mexico ( but at tier 4 :trollface: )

*I'm still waiting to see if Yubari/Katori is going to make a comeback to the shop( or whichever 3rd party giveaways/contest . . . :hiding:).

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

i'd recommend the Russian T8 CA or the lo yang, both are very specialized but are good credit cows and have unique perks, if they ever came back out, i'd suggest you take those

753 posts
8,965 battles

When WG decide that xp earned on premium ships goes towards researching other ships then maybe, but to me premium ships aren't worth buying, stick with the free ones. Only thing they're good for is training commanders which is ok if you have a premium DD and want to train other DD commanders but with the limited tier range and ship type per nation of premiums your choice of commander training is limited. 

As for being good for grinding xp etc it's not that much of a difference to justify the cost, I have plenty of credit and xp in reserve just by playing standard ships. 

Sign in to follow this