Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

say... which ship type you think are most effected by RNG?

16 comments in this topic

1,125 posts

Aircraft Carrier

Battleship

Cruiser

Destroyer

after decent experience of the game,

which class do you think are the most heavily effected by RNG? (both good and bad)

and which class do you think are most skill base? (very low RNG)

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

The only thing random in this game is gun/bomb dispersion and Detonation (I've heard AA against planes are RNG based too but i still don't understand how it works).. And by that i'd say DDs suffers the most because they're more likely to get ammo racked than other ships, which is of course a good RNG roll for the shooter..

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

I think all ship classes equally rage at RNG.

Each ship class will believe another ship class has better RNG.

Like a BB who goes OMG CA Fire chance.

A CA who goes OMG that lucky BB citadels me.

DDs get detonated. When they dont its wow, 1st round set on fire and engine disabled?

For CVs, the whole AA mechanics are RNG. Sometimes your planes are healthy. Sometimes LOLREKTed. Lucky BB shot down half my Hiryu torpedo squad.

For Eurobeat, AA mechanics are explained here. http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/10326-usn-fighters-vs-ijn-fighters-a-detailed-analysis/

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I say all of them:

Battleships - RNG spread of your salvo & how the AP shell would able to penetrate & damage the citadel or not on enemy Battleships. Even if aimed correctly or not.

Cruisers - Same as Battleship except trying to score citadel hit with plunging shots.

Destroyers - detonation I agreed. And your lucky detonation against enemy destroyer on your first salvo.

Carriers - your fighter planes shooting down first plane on first few seconds of dog fighting. As well as the dive bomber.

Common RNG of all ships - Your AA weapons killing enemy planes, with or without AA consumables.

580 posts
1,587 battles

I think all ship typs are but since your question is "Most Affected", I'd have to say BBs because of the shell dispersion coupled with the long reload times. You just gotta hope that each salvo does the job...

Cruisers and DDs are also influenced by RNG but it's within tolerable levels for me personally... Short reload times and good dispersion makes the "TRY AGAIN FOR RNG?" situation more forgivable...

Don't know about carriers... Never played them and probably never will...

406 posts
6,279 battles

I think all ship typs are but since your question is "Most Affected", I'd have to say BBs because of the shell dispersion coupled with the long reload times. You just gotta hope that each salvo does the job...

Cruisers and DDs are also influenced by RNG but it's within tolerable levels for me personally... Short reload times and good dispersion makes the "TRY AGAIN FOR RNG?" situation more forgivable...

Don't know about carriers... Never played them and probably never will...

This.

153 posts
3,262 battles

Fighter Aerial Combat is affected by RNG a lot.. There are games that I can kill off 2 squads of IJN fighters with 1 of USN fighter... and then in the next moment, that 1 squad just drop like flies against the same IJN squad of fighter in the same game.. 

and at low tier, planes dying like that just simply ruin the game if you rushes in with blind confidence.... 

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

For me It BB, It only type of ship that I feel like all or nothing for me ...

if it hit .. wow! look at how much damage they done ... and of it miss ... What the ... it even 5 km target and all 12 shot go over or landing short to target ...

the 2nd is US CV with fighter package because you have no torp so it Dive bomb only that some time it get critical hit, fire and some time all 6 bomber miss even hugh enemy cv ....
but for fighter dogfight I think it less random and most time ppls usually use straffing run than normal engage so who have better straffing gonna win

for least i think it IJN DD cas Torp is thier main armament and it almost no RNG on how torp going .. it just slight damage diferent 
and other RNG for DD is module damage but it almost no problem if you stay undetect ...

36 posts
13,034 battles

affected the most? BB.

CA/DD can enjoy having a higher ROF so bad RNG might be negated in the next salvo.. hopefully.

dunno about CV. i usually play FT setup on lower tier battles, so I don't actually care about whether the bomb hits or not.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I think all ship classes equally rage at RNG.

Each ship class will believe another ship class has better RNG.

Like a BB who goes OMG CA Fire chance.

A CA who goes OMG that lucky BB citadels me.

DDs get detonated. When they dont its wow, 1st round set on fire and engine disabled?

For CVs, the whole AA mechanics are RNG. Sometimes your planes are healthy. Sometimes LOLREKTed. Lucky BB shot down half my Hiryu torpedo squad.

For Eurobeat, AA mechanics are explained here. http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/10326-usn-fighters-vs-ijn-fighters-a-detailed-analysis/

Aye, thanks for the explanation, very helpful :)

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

my derp?itz.

with the AP its either 0-3k dmg 25 second reload salvo or a citadel. with maybe 1x8k dmg salvo thrown in every second battle.

and it's mostly 0-3k dmg salvos.

got my first citadel in 9 battles in tirpitz today. a wee bit overdue perhaps. 

the aa seems to be a little more accurate to predict though, i can expect to shoot down 1-2 planes in a battle if there is a cv, (all aa upgrades here and a fighter plane in the air). that still doesn't sound that good, does it?.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

my derp?itz.

with the AP its either 0-3k dmg 25 second reload salvo or a citadel. with maybe 1x8k dmg salvo thrown in every second battle.

and it's mostly 0-3k dmg salvos.

the aa seems to be a little more accurate to predict though, i can expect to shoot down 1-2 planes in a battle if there is a cv, (all aa upgrades here and a fighter plane in the air). that still doesn't sound that good, does it?.

Tirpitz AA got buffed in the 5.3 patch.

The upper tier German line got insane buffs to their AA. Hipper, Roon, Hindenburg are very scary AA ships now.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Personally, I believe BBs suffer from RNG more because of how awful their dispersion is on their main guns. Example. A Montana firing on another BB with full broadside exposed at 19km perfectly lined up and all rounds fired land everywhere around said target yet nothing happens. Or an Iowa does the same thing and doesn't get a hit until the 3rd volley and its for 1,040 points of damage. One of the two mechanics either need to be moderately reduced.

I know how you feel. I got 9 of them in my last battle today in my Tirpitz. They come in spurts and few and far between most of the time.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Most affected
1. BB, from dispersion to fires, the battleship is the king of RNG
2. CV, planes suddenly dying from a random weak AA/planes surviving unscathed from a montana attack run, a lower tier fighter owning your high tiered fighter/1 IJN fighter owning 1 USN, perfectly aligned dive bombers and hits none.

3. DD, deto's favorite nevertheless still a low chance, did 200 hit in a USN DD and still no fire, guns getting destroyed. long range torpedoes can also be RNGed but otherwise not so much RNGed
4.CA, least affect and most stable. shots got better dispersion than any other class. you might get cits but hey, it's just probably the BB's lucky day or you're parading your broadside or a yamato

Edited by Deicide

1,125 posts

Most affected

1. BB, from dispersion to fires, the battleship is the king of RNG

2. CV, planes suddenly dying from a random weak AA/planes surviving unscathed from a montana attack run, a lower tier fighter owning your high tiered fighter/1 IJN fighter owning 1 USN, perfectly aligned dive bombers and hits none.

3. DD, deto's favorite nevertheless still a low chance, did 200 hit in a USN DD and still no fire, guns getting destroyed. long range torpedoes can also be RNGed but otherwise not so much RNGed

4.CA, least affect and most stable. shots got better dispersion than any other class. you might get cits but hey, it's just probably the BB's lucky day or you're parading your broadside or a yamato

yeah..., i guess that's why people choose playing CA a lot than other class.

only 2 place RNG should be thrive is security and gambling, NOT in game.......

Edited by PGM991

Sign in to follow this