Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reeny

How do I actually win a game?

17 comments in this topic

2 posts
80 battles

Been playing for a short while. Killing plenty of enemy ships no probs. However I am losing a lot of games. It seems my teams just melt around me and it ends up I have myself vs 4 or 5 enemies with no chance at all. Even after I may have sunk a couple of enemy ships.

So how do you actually win in this game? I like the graphics but losing all the time even I am putting out decent damage is getting really tiresome. Frankly I have better ways to spend 20 minutes than a futile effort for guaranteed losses.

Any help would be appreciated.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Alas, WoWs is a team based game. Wins are achieved based on your team sinking all the opposing team's ships or your team achieving 1000 points first before the clock runs out or your team has more points then the opposition when the clock runs out, or you cap their base (dependent on map scenario). So, really not much that you can do other than to pray you get matched with good team mates

84 posts
4,438 battles

First, this game if not about how many damage you've done of how many hit point you have left but it's how many ship your team sent to bottom and how many ship your team have left. Therefore you should focus on sinking a ship and act in group. try using f3 command so your team will focus on sinking only one ship at a time. Remember going against 1 full hp ship is much better than going against 10 low hp ship. Finally mind the cap, cap is the main source of point if no one is going for it you should try going for it. that's all I can tell :v

Edited by Strik3agle98

580 posts
1,587 battles

You don't... No matter how well you do in a RB, the moment you press that "Battle" button you just hope to RNGesus he's on your side of the team... and hope that your team isn't a bunch of potatoes...

22 posts

the biggest problem with winning is the match maker especially if u live in Australia or NZ. try to get into a division + watch u-tube for how to aim & captain skills & how other players win matches

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,511 battles

Find friends to play with ingame or here on the forums.

More cooperation, more fun, more win.

Have atleast 1DD in your div for scouting and capping.

You might not agree with me at the moment, but trust me, having control over cap zones is extremely important for a win.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

If you just want to play for fun, play Co-op.

It's downside is that you play against bots, but the upside is that you can enjoy your game and not have to rely on a bunch of muppets on your team melting away every game.

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

If you just want to play for fun, play Co-op.

It's downside is that you play against bots, but the upside is that you can enjoy your game and not have to rely on a bunch of muppets on your team melting away every game.

This is good advice. ^^

Not only will you win, but your morale will soar to ever increasing heights.

Also, don't be ashamed to stay in low tiers. Some of the best battles are there. There are some ships that perform really well in low tiers, find a ship that suits you and stick with it.

Good luck.

Edited by AntifoulAwl

406 posts
6,287 battles

Step 1: Change name to 'TE_DeathSkyz'
Step 2: Something about Black Magic and probably a Virgin sacrifice (it always involves Virgin Sacrifice)

Step 3: ?????

Step 4: Victory

Edited by UnasSinkerOfShips

199 posts
6,041 battles

How to win: Teamwork.

If you can work with the team, then your can win. No point trying to work with a team that won't work with you.

Next factor: how good is your team? Are they new players? You're average Joe? Or they peoples who dedicated their life for WoWs?

Final factor: how often you do your weekly sacrifices for RNG-Sama? This is very important, especially for match-making and hitting your enemy's citadel.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,889 battles

1. Aim the High Valuable Target if they present (Destroyer > Carrier > Battleships/Cruiser) 

2. If you are a battleship or any ship with long cooldown in main battery/torpedo, don't shoot the enemy who's a graze from sinking when there's another enemy that you can shoot

3. Position yourself in the place where it would be easy to cover the objective, in case of domination mode, try to cover 2 flags

4. Try to not die before you decimate the enemy team so badly that even your shittiest BB team mate who camped behind the island to let the cruisers and destroyers tank for him would win the game for you by either points or he simply finished off the dying ships 

5. Killing opposing DD and let your DD survive is more important than getting a cap

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

1. Aim the High Valuable Target if they present (Destroyer > Carrier > Battleships/Cruiser) 

2. If you are a battleship or any ship with long cooldown in main battery/torpedo, don't shoot the enemy who's a graze from sinking when there's another enemy that you can shoot

3. Position yourself in the place where it would be easy to cover the objective, in case of domination mode, try to cover 2 flags

4. Try to not die before you decimate the enemy team so badly that even your shittiest BB team mate who camped behind the island to let the cruisers and destroyers tank for him would win the game for you by either points or he simply finished off the dying ships 

5. Killing opposing DD and let your DD survive is more important than getting a cap

No.

Make sure to sink those first as they will still be able to fire guns and torps even though they are a "graze" from sinking.

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,889 battles

No.

Make sure to sink those first as they will still be able to fire guns and torps even though they are a "graze" from sinking.

yeah I forgot to add unless you are endangered by him or there's nobody else who can finish him off

2 posts
80 battles

Good strats guys and thanks.  To be honest I think I will stick to pve bots mode.  Last night I pretty much gave up trying to win and just wandered aimlessly around the back of the map, lo and behold I soon started winning games. However of course I was getting almost no xp. So the message seems to be get no xp and win - or play hard get xp and lose..... an amazingly frustrating gaming experience.

153 posts
3,262 battles

Good strats guys and thanks.  To be honest I think I will stick to pve bots mode.  Last night I pretty much gave up trying to win and just wandered aimlessly around the back of the map, lo and behold I soon started winning games. However of course I was getting almost no xp. So the message seems to be get no xp and win - or play hard get xp and lose..... an amazingly frustrating gaming experience.

Abandoned by RNG, I feel for you bro. When you are on a losing streak, try resting for the night or play some other modes or Team up with reliable friends/players in a division and maybe you can get more wins.

Sign in to follow this