Sign in to follow this  
Forodin

Torped from outside boundary!

33 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
11 posts
2,104 battles

I just came out of a battle in my ARP Kongo where I was doing well but the smaller ships in front of me started to sink one by one. I started to turn to port to turn around and head away. My turn arc forced me onto the boundary when I noticed TWO full flights of enemy Torp planes OUTSIDE of the boundary who proceeded to drop their torps of which most of them hit me reducing my HP by 90%!!!  I want to know why wargaming stops ships from moving outside the boundaries but the planes were CLEARLY well outside the boundary, still able to be controlled by the CV captain and allowed to drop torps which sped back to the boundary and hit me????   This is pure BS and needs to be stopped. The link below only shows one torp flight as the other is behind and further out yet to drop their torps. I ended up catching 6 torps all CLEARLY outside the blue line. If ships are penalised and stopped from going outside the boundary then why is it that aircraft are able to do so??? 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=947705515307491&set=o.160743397342031&type=3&theater

12814646_947705515307491_8693883430731797760_n1.jpg

Edited by Forodin

575 posts
5,354 battles

Yeah this is a problem. I've seen on numerous occasions where CV captains fly their planes outside the boundaries to make attacks. These planes should hit the border and stop dead and crash into the sea. Ships lose 75% engine power when the ride the blue line, a carrier's planes should suffer even more because loss of that much power would crash them. This is just another way people abuse the blue line. It's time WG fixed this too.

Beta Tester
11 posts
2,104 battles

The punishment for blue lining is already in the system with reduced engine power....that is bad enough let alone having torp planes hit you clearly from outside the boundary....lets be fair here

199 posts
6,037 battles

In my game play with CV, I can't make a waypoint for planes outside the boundary. On some occasion the planes will fly a bit outside the boundary or fly above it, but that's usually the planes doing it by them selves so they can get into the attack circle set by the CV captain.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Yes aircraft were allowed to fly outside of the blueline as part of the fix when players use to use the blueline for surfing.

But I think they forgot about that and didn't fix it back to the way it use to be since they have the fix for the blueline now.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

I don't play carrier. In fact, i hate carriers more than anything in this game. But the idea of planes reaching blue line will stop dead and fall down is the stupidest idea i've ever seen. Ships get penalty for blue line surfing, that's a different thing from planes flying out of the map. Planes don't hump the border for 5 minutes to dodge shells but ships do. That's why border surfers need to be punished. 

103 posts
3,940 battles

From what I've seen, and I play CV on both sides:

If the ship is turning around on the blue line, as in it has the reduced speed penalty applied already and I've told my planes to go auto-pilot and attempt to hit the target, they'll fly outside the boundary, around say, 500m - 1km (I can't remember the full scale) and then drop torps and come back into normal game range. That is still enough for your ship to react and the ship's AA fire to sometimes bring down a plane or two.

The other thing is, and I've seen people do this, is that people will park their CV right next door to the blue line in the corner of the map. I forget which map is the worst I've seen, but they'll pretty much sandwich themselves between the blue line and the land mass on the other side of them, and have their planes fly purposely out of bounds when they come back to their carrier for refuel/restock/repair.

Now, having the blueline kill the planes is stupid, because as the AI for the plane sometimes CAN BE USED TO YOUR ADVANTAGE when you have ships that are "stuck" on the blue line. Some BBs hump the blue line and panic when my torp planes give them some spicy torpedoes, usually giving me a decent amount of HP damage added to my score.

I do support the penalty though of the blue liners. It even will give you are less-intrusive warning unlike, for example, a certain shooter games' OOB warning that gives you 10 or even less seconds before you're killed by server/admin. Now, if that latter penalty was introduced, people would be very afraid of the blue line.

Interesting sidenote is dead ships can shoot into OOB and it's funny to see a DD going 40kts get hit, split into 2 in the middle, and part of the ship goes shooting 500m into OOB, then rubber band back and be glitchy due to excess forces at work.

216 posts
2,239 battles

Yes aircraft were allowed to fly outside of the blueline as part of the fix when players use to use the blueline for surfing.

But I think they forgot about that and didn't fix it back to the way it use to be since they have the fix for the blueline now.

Always been a function as far as I've know and I haven't seen any post about stopping it.

the plane in current version is only able to fly outside the boundary only when they do that AUTODROP.... and only for a brief moment..

Not true, they're ways to have your planes travel the entire map length outside the map boundaries. (starting at 3:41)

Edited by Ryzil

191 posts
10,626 battles

Always been a function as far as I've know and I haven't seen any post about stopping it.

Not true, they're ways to have your planes travel the entire map length outside the map boundaries. (starting at 3:41)

Huhhh you can actually drag and change the drop off point??

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Huhhh you can actually drag and change the drop off point??

Now you know. Don't just jumping in & play without reading the game guide, controls & mechanics :P

And yeah, this might be a bug. Or maybe forgotten.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

borders is one of CV's main weakness actually and have been used in the old days when CV sniping was the main meta.

for you non CV players, a CV cannot manual drop properly anywhere near a border. a CV will either auto drop or manually adjust the approach angle which will dramatically decrease acuracy as it won't allow last minute adjustment to your aim.

if you get hit from the border with a CV torp, you probably are a sheep and sailing straight or anchored along the borders, and you absolutely deserve it. go try playing CV urself.

Edited by Deicide

Beta Tester
11 posts
2,104 battles

borders is one of CV's main weakness actually and have been used in the old days when CV sniping was the main meta.

for you non CV players, a CV cannot manual drop properly anywhere near a border. a CV will either auto drop or manually adjust the approach angle which will dramatically decrease acuracy as it won't allow last minute adjustment to your aim.

if you get hit from the border with a CV torp, you probably are a sheep and sailing straight or anchored along the borders, and you absolutely deserve it. go try playing CV urself.

Wrong !!  from the picture I provided I had JUST started to touch the blue line and already the torps were in the water OUTSIDE the  boundary. It is clearly visible in the picture I provided. I went from sniper mode into normal mode to turn quickly as my teammates were all dying in from of me and my turn arc was not enough to avoid the border. Yet nothing prevented the CV's planes from firing at me outside the border. To me that is a HUGE fault with this game.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Wrong !!  from the picture I provided I had JUST started to touch the blue line and already the torps were in the water OUTSIDE the  boundary. It is clearly visible in the picture I provided. I went from sniper mode into normal mode to turn quickly as my teammates were all dying in from of me and my turn arc was not enough to avoid the border. Yet nothing prevented the CV's planes from firing at me outside the border. To me that is a HUGE fault with this game.

rofl, obviously you weren't map aware and the CV already predicted your move--that you will be surfing the border well before you realize your near the border. and that is YOUR FAULT not the game's. this game's got tonnes of issues but not this one. CVs are already very bad at aiming near borders. and nothing is really advantageous to a CV from hitting from the inside of the border. it used to be usefull when there was no penalty in border surfing, now you rarely see ships near the borders.

again, how were you hit by 6 torps by an auto dropping CV mate? :teethhappy: from your screenshot, you're still full sail which is big mistake. when evading like that, break hard so you wont hit the front most torp.

Edited by Deicide

Beta Tester
11 posts
2,104 battles

I was full sail because I was evading and turning - I did not se the planes as they were outside of the map boundary ffs

For planes to be able to fire torps while outside the map boundary and strike targets is wrong, especially when ships hitting the blue line are penalised so hard....if I was struck by plane torps fired from INSIDE the map this would not be an issue.  do you have a lack of IQ to figure this one out mate??? WHAT I DID OR DIDN'T DO OR HOW I REACTED IS NOT THE POINT OF MY ARGUMENT. My point is that the game should NOT allow this to happen as it is clearly a fault in the game that you can do this against ships close to the blue line or on it. That is why the boundary line is there, TO KEEP PLAY INSIDE A SET AREA (FIELD OF PLAY)....Is that too difficult for you to understand? do you need me to place meanings next to every word I type so guide you along?

Edited by Forodin

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

lol, lame reasons. planes no longer get hidden from map when they are outside the border. you're just a  bad player, how the hell can you get hit by 6 torps that are auto dropped? are you [content removed] mate? i would be dropping 8 torps to you if I was the CV. there is absolutely nothing advantageous for the CV from hitting outside the border. invisible from map? NO; invisible from normal view? NO. you get few seconds before your engine drops some horsepower, so that's out of your reason too unless you're real [content removed].

Solution: Stop littering this forums with trash whine post that doesn't really show a true gameplay issue. This might be a reason why devs don't take forums seriously because of threads  like these.

Insults or derogatory comments (minor). Post edited, Warning issued.

Twisted0ne

Edited by Twisted0ne

Beta Tester
11 posts
2,104 battles

Man you really don't get it. I did not see them because I was in sniper mode, I saw them when it was too late....I was stuck on the blue line and unable to avoid them. Wow guys like you are ignorant indeed. Now you resort to name calling eh? I am guessing you're the one littering the forums with aggro judging by your reactions as this is pretty much the only post I have put up since playing this game during alpha....but you might not have the IQ to figure that one out either it seems.

What possible diffence does it make whether I am a good player of bad player?  The fact remains that planes are able to fly outside the field of play, drop torps and strike ships on or close to the blue line and you think that is OK ??? especially when ships cannot do it... wake up dude, your smelling your own waste products and getting high on it. I am guessing you like to troll posts and attack people who do not agree with you eh?

Guys you can discuss topics but it you result to insults and name calling forum holidays will be issued.

General insults. Warning issued.

~Twisted0ne

Edited by Twisted0ne

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I did not see them because I was in sniper mode, I saw them when it was too late....

I did not see them because I was in sniper mode, I saw them when it was too late....

we're done here guys

Beta Tester
11 posts
2,104 battles

grow up mate, find something better to do with your time

You would rather personally attack me for having an issue with an obvious fault in the game then discussing the actual problem?  Wow mate you've obviously done this many times to others eH ? favourite past time of yours I bet???

Edited by Forodin