You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Valhalla_Shank

Completely rigged, WR is completely out of our control.

103 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
629 posts
6,926 battles

However, I guess if they did implement a skill based MM there would be much consternation by said unicrum players since they cannot exploit their advantage over those nowhere near their level.

So you're saying playing well is an exploit?  That's a novel way of thinking.

Anyone can get better at the game.  It all starts with your attitude, you have to take responsibility for your losses and failures, as soon as you blame someone or something else you can not improve.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Anyone can get better at the game.  It all starts with your attitude, you have to take responsibility for your losses and failures, as soon as you blame someone or something else you can not improve.

Unlike you or others, I am responsible for my own play and improvement. However, you just took out of context what I stated some that you do a lot when you don't like what is said. Might I hit a nerve? I will not explain it to you since you refuse to take at face value what I said. This is exactly what happens in the cesspool of a forum in WoT. Nice try but you failed in trying to turn this around.

461 posts
8,546 battles

It is exploitation if they are seal-clubbing new players, that's stat padding and I'm sure nobodies doing that because it's easy to detect. Otherwise playing well isn't an exploit. I don't see how being matched with similar skill players could be a bad thing for the unicums, just they might have to work harder with less noobs in their matches.

Skill is great, and does help improve all your stats, but there are circumstances where it has less potential to help you. For example say if you're a T6 BB in a T8 game, we all know the T7 and T8 ships really outclass the New Mexico and Fuso, so any skill you have must have a smaller impact in a game like that (it still makes a difference). No matter how good you are in a T6 if a T8 ship playing well comes along you're in trouble. Another example is a T6 carrier caught as the only T6 in a T8 match, you end up as a spectator.

It's not really a flaw in the game, just more a fact of life that you can do all the right things, be brilliant at what you do and still end up in a situation where you're boned. I think it's a great idea to learn and improve, and look at your games to see what you did wrong, and everyone is responsible for that, but not every loss is your fault, and people who think that are doing themselves a dis-service.