You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Valhalla_Shank

Completely rigged, WR is completely out of our control.

103 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,898 battles

But you are going to deny those threads like I deny the Pantent being Coded and Implementated into the game.

And your excuse will be because its PBKAC so I'll take more threads from the NA WOWS Forums instead.

For example a literal copy paste of this thread made quite recently,

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/62954-match-making-reveled/page__hl__%2Bpatent__fromsearch__1

In every thread about this topic the consensus has been the same throughout:

Wargaming (specifically SerB) also holds the patent for the Entwicklung E-50 Standardpanzer Auf M.  That doesn`t mean they`re actively making full use of it.  Having a patent does not automatically mean it`s being used.  And if you spent even 3 minutes on a stats board or 5 minutes looking for a game to be matched up, you`d see for yourself that it`s actively not being used.

Some examples: 

If you actually read the patent, you`ll see how complicated it is for the Matchmaker to manage to arrange a method for normalizing someone`s winrate.  It requires, primarily, a large number of people present within a queue to effectively do so.  Without it, the delays needed to arrange the perfect match are darn well near impossible and work contrary to the algorithm`s goal.  That players get a match at just about any tier without enormous delays shows factually that it`s not in play.  In addition, examples like the players above show that even if it was in place, it`s doing a terrible job at it. 

You are entirely, 100%, completely and unequivocally responsible for your own winrate.  Full stop.  There are no excuses for bad teams, bad luck, etc.  Everyone and anyone can encounter these same issues.  On a mathematical comparison, these all cancel out when compared across populations.  This leaves only one factor remaining:  Your contribution to the match.  If it`s not up to snuff, you lose more, simply put.

Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,898 battles

BUT WAIT!! THERE'S MORE!! 

Here, is the ORIGINAL thread about the patent so theres no first hand negative impression. 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/234260-some-interesting-info-on-mm/

The original poster who brought the patent to light first now has this to say

Just dropping by with my 65.5% overall WR, and nearly 80% WR in Amagi with over 100 games in it.

Oh, and I made the original thread on the MM patent back on WG's forum ages ago too, where it got debunked there as well.  It's about what you do.  The old saying goes, you'll win 30% of the time no matter what you do, and lose 30% of the time no matter how well you do.  It's how you influence the other 40% of games that show how good you truely are.  I just won a game today with everybody's favorite bad CV as the CV on our team, simply because I took the initiative to push and lead my group of pubbies on the enemy's weak flank, catching their CV's off guard as he tried to snipe them, allowing us to come in behind the rest of the enemy team (map was Two Brothers) and clean up.

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

Beta Tester
629 posts
6,901 battles

Blah blah blah mate, don't worry I'll start turning on my replay and upload videos and tell us how you can "improve your own game" and "make your team win" from a game in a handpicked team of $#@$.

That sounds like a winning attitude right there.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

"So you're saying that his statistical data is wrong, faked, or open to interpretation?"

This post (like many others before it) is basing it's "statistical data" off of a very VERY small amount of battles in comparison to the amount of battles that are being played on the whole server, so don't blame me and others when we believe that it is left open for interpretation.

"Do you believe that WG would never do something as underhanded to manipulate MM to keep people where they are or force them into situations where they are on teams full of 'red' players after going on a 20 game win streak?"

TWENTY GAME WINNING STREAK!?! wow, well done for that player, but what goes up must come down, yin and yang, there must be a balance. There is a reason why the server average W/R is right around 50% (slightly off due to draws) and this is because the game has to have a balance. Now this doesn't mean that everyone MUST have a 50% nor will the game forcefully try to drag any one player back down to a lower / equal W/R. What he (with many other players) is confusing rigged match making with is called 'COMPETITION', and if he can not keep his overall performance level above average competition then his battle results will reflect and show where he truly sits in the balance of players on this server.

So do I believe WG rigs MM to balance players W/Rs, no I don't. I believe that the players performance balances their own W/Rs for them, WG doesn't need to do anything when the player population balances itself.

Do you believe that this never happens and that RNG is the only way to equalize player skill that there's no other mechanic available to do so?

I more or less are ready answered this one, but for clarity, no I don't believe WG balances their matches by rigging them. If this was in place then how come there are play that have above average W/Rs like 60% and above, why are they not getting dragged back down by this "manipulate MM"? Maybe it's because they preform better on average and thus it shows. Which leads me to this next quote...

^

This here hits the nail on the head. Maybe, just maybe the reason why this player is having such a hard time increasing his W/R is because, well, maybe he's just a 55% over all player, is that to hard to believe that he can't get more than 55%, not like that's bad.

So now that I have express my "thoughts" on this subject, I will now continue "calling people conspiracy theorist nut-jobs" as I did with my meme earlier.

ufbvxj9nap7hyfmaznte.gif

By the way, same as Deathskyz, how am I able to have a 60% W/R on WoTs if there is a balancing system in place, surely we couldn't elude this ever watching system this long could we?

you can manipulate any system. when a system is implemented to change something, there is always a way around the system. In my workplace, there are thousands of systems, or methods of operating the various systems, there are at least THREE changes made DAILY to any system or method in an effort to stop the loopholes that have been manipulated. 

Yes, it makes the work a little difficult....

in WoT, platooning is a great way of "stat padding", as are many more "methods" of using loopholes in the system. the moment you platoon, you automatically have two other proven unicum players on your team, that you know you can rely on, if you chose those players for your platoon. this improves your chances of having the "better team" of the 2 teams chosen "in random" by mm by a large statistical factor, seeing as you make 3 of the 15 players on the team.

And for a player to only play solo random pubs and after 10k battles have a w/r of 75%, I'd say very very lucky, because a single player, no matter how good, cannot sway 14 individual "random" humans, that reset every battle, from a possible defeat to a probable win 75% of the battles.

Oh, and good luck programming true randomness, it would take more than many lifetimes. So any programmed algorythym unless it has artificial intelligence that can learn like a human child, has fully developed senses, is aware of it's own existence etc etc, is limited within the artificial confines built by it's creators.

To create such a beast, would make it's creator literally, a God. You would need to include such things as chaos theory, x string theory, m string theory, quantum mechanics, etc etc, and believe me the list does go on. Good luck with your coding!.

perhaps I have hit upon a new theory of evolution, that we were all programmed by a creator, and are merely code.

461 posts
8,515 battles

Seriously you guys are off in whacky land.

I don't care how many threads there are "dis-crediting" something if all people doing it don't really know jack about it. Unless they've read the code they don't know. Period. Just because it has been discussed before doesn't mean anything.

I'll also note, no-one has really collected enough stats, not anyone on either side of the argument. Everyone is arguing on a sample of 1, themselves.

I have noticed most of the people refuting the claim are all high WR players, people who frequently think they know/are better than everyone else, are you guys trying to protect your bragging rights?

On the other hand, it's also stupid to claim that WG are holding your WR back. It's not in their interest to make your life in game hard, as that would make people leave. I'd say the MM may be adjusted to reduce the number of winning/losing streaks so that you neither win easily or lose all the time. This might be bugged a little and not be working correctly causing the problems people are experiencing. I don't think it's intentional for those that it is happening to. Let's face it the last few events have really made the population wonky one way or another, which may be the cause of MM not working correctly.

The only people who patent stuff they aren't using are called patent trolls, it costs a fair bit to patent something so either they are trying to protect something they really do use, or expect to make a pile of money licensing the patent out to other companies and setting the lawyers on any infringing companies. The patent existing is pretty much the main thing that makes the accusation plausible at all, so I guess that's why people talked about that, but if they're not actually using it that would make them patent trolls, something which I really doubt.

Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,898 battles

I have noticed most of the people refuting the claim are all high WR players, people who frequently think they know/are better than everyone else, are you guys trying to protect your bragging rights?

​And those supporting the claim are of average win rate and tend to have a history of complaining about imbalance MM, ships OP, RNG madness, rigging, etc. People who frequently think that it's the fault of another entity for their bad games and anyone with a high win rate must have been the result of sealclubbing or permanent and excessive divisions and those players must all be arrogant people who are WG Fanbois. Who are they to undermine the skill of the player? Are they trying to protect their bragging rights?

Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,898 battles

Anyways, I'll find the original source stating that the Patented MM Algorithm is not used. Everyone repeats it and its the general understanding that to implement that Algorithm is silly for the amount of coding for a silly result but I cant seem to find the original statement.

I'll let you know once I find it or dont find it.

332 posts
17,241 battles

Sometimes you cant  win even when you release the kraken I wouldnt call it rigged though  most players in this battle had less than 500 battles except myself any maybe a couple of others. I looked up the players to check and there might of been a slight advantage to the other team but with  low battle numbers the statistics are a bit meaningless

shot-16.03.06_19.27.15-0647_zps83s3rcdr.

shot-16.03.06_19.27.50-0198_zpsorgf0hlv.

I did my best and it looked like everyone on my team tried their best with what experience and skills they have. if there was anything that I could of done better it would be dodging some torps I didnt see till too late but i nailed that DD.

The corrally of having people with very high win rates is you also have the reverse I did see someone who had a winrate about 25 percent.

Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,898 battles

From NA Forums:

I personally have looked for proof to try and prove it's being used. I found none.

Would you care to share your methodology?

I just went into battle marking whether or not i did well, tracked how close battles were(roflstomps or even matches). I checked player stats for both teams and then averaged their win rates and damage outputs. I did this for around 75 battles. I don't have the actual findings from when i did the test. I reformatted my pc between then and now and didn't back it up. Ultimately, even if i was doing well(above server averages, thank you warshipstats), my win rate went down but average damage went up, both went up, both went down, or the damage went down and my win rate went up. I excluded xp from the equation due to it being affected by premium account and therefore skewed. There weren't any streaks where i was consistently winning and then losing or vice versa. The data points all looked completely random. If i read the patent correctly, it's going to do its best to keep you around a 50% win rate and match you up with players of equal skill to do it. So the biggest thing to me is, how do players have win rates above 60% or even 70%? If the patented MM was in use, shouldn't it be closer to 50% because the patent would force them into battles against similarly skilled players? Also, with what WG has stated regarding the patent makes sense. Their stance on why they don't use it:

• Low numbers of players
  • more server stress

Additionally, i used the point system which is what i believe to be in place for MM and it was generally within a few points of each other on either team. There was a couple outliers when i was testing at non-peak times and the battles weren't full though. I excluded them.

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,699 posts
7,273 battles

" Gentlemen, I have a great idea that will enhance the experience of the players of our game.

What I propose, is to introduce an algorithm that will reward our above average players by forcing them into predetermined teams that we know will lose the match.

By doing this, we will frustrate our main player base so much, that they will quit the game. Not to mention our reputation will be forever spoiled.

The money lost in departing players and vast amounts of computing power necessary to run algorithm is of no concern."

--said no game developer, EVER

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

" Gentlemen, I have a great idea that will enhance the experience of the players of our game.

What I propose, is to introduce an algorithm that will reward our above average players by forcing them into predetermined teams that we know will lose the match.

By doing this, we will frustrate our main player base so much, that they will quit the game. Not to mention our reputation will be forever spoiled.

The money lost in departing players and vast amounts of computing power necessary to run algorithm is of no concern."

--said no game developer, EVER

2r4q2z7.jpg

Ok, after that, what then?

461 posts
8,515 battles

Anyways, I'll find the original source stating that the Patented MM Algorithm is not used. Everyone repeats it and its the general understanding that to implement that Algorithm is silly for the amount of coding for a silly result but I cant seem to find the original statement.

I'll let you know once I find it or dont find it.

You need a lesson in coding, cause both the implementation (code) and computation required are trivial. _trivial_ as in so dang easy why the hell wouldn't you. And the result is only silly if you code it incorrectly, have a poor population spread, or there is a bug.

absense of proof is not proof of absense.

who said such an algorithm would prevent good players achieving better WR? There isn't any reason why it should prevent people from having a higher WR, just that they may not get favourable MM as much.

I noticed you didn't say anything about anything else I had to say, cause I generally disagree with _both_sides about this. Also I read the forum thread you posted, no actual credible rebuttal of any value.

I don't think they are rigging the games in order to hold anyone back, more likely they've tried to boost the satisfaction of all the players in their game play. This means they don't wan't anyone with exceptionally long winning or losing streaks. Cause either would mean it was too easy or hard on the player. Is this too hard to believe for both sides of this.

Heck it's not really a horrible thing if they are, just that it seems to be a bit bugged as it's clearly not achieving its goal.

- It's not illegal as there is no gambling on matches, and the MM can't be bribed into making a match better or worse for someone.

- It's not a competition for prizes of any consequence, beyond bragging rights, which it seems a few really want to defend.

- It's not an e-sport so no serious competitions are in place, also e-sports events would never be held using  random battles match making.

- if it actually worked correctly everyone would have more closely matched games, something most of us enjoy more than having a high win rate. Unless of course you're only into bragging rights.

It seems to me the only problem for players if it were implemented and working correctly is the diminished WR bragging rights if it's commonly known about.

The trouble is I don't think it's working as intended. Some of the battles people are getting clearly show this.

Frankly I don't care about my WR stat, but I don't like having a pile of games that aren't fun because either the enemy melted like a stick of butter or my own team sucked harder than a vacuum cleaner on high. I can handle losing a few games if I felt at least we had a fighting chance at the loading screen (which lately hasn't always been the case), and it doesn't feel great rofl stomping some poor people either. Although I've noted many of you seem to take extreme joy in said rofl stomping.

Can you tell me that one side having two T8 BBs and the others top tier BB is a T7 and they only have one is fair, or perhaps a T6 CV being dragged into T8 games where they are the only T6 ship bar the enemy CV in the game. That has been happening and is why they need to have some kind of report bad mm button on the loading screen (no-where else!), so they can gather some information about what players don't like and tune their algorithm.

Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,898 battles

You need a lesson in coding, cause both the implementation (code) and computation required are trivial. _trivial_ as in so dang easy why the hell wouldn't you. And the result is only silly if you code it incorrectly, have a poor population spread, or there is a bug.

absense of proof is not proof of absense.

who said such an algorithm would prevent good players achieving better WR? There isn't any reason why it should prevent people from having a higher WR, just that they may not get favourable MM as much.

I noticed you didn't say anything about anything else I had to say, cause I generally disagree with _both_sides about this. Also I read the forum thread you posted, no actual credible rebuttal of any value.

I don't think they are rigging the games in order to hold anyone back, more likely they've tried to boost the satisfaction of all the players in their game play. This means they don't wan't anyone with exceptionally long winning or losing streaks. Cause either would mean it was too easy or hard on the player. Is this too hard to believe for both sides of this.

Heck it's not really a horrible thing if they are, just that it seems to be a bit bugged as it's clearly not achieving its goal.

- It's not illegal as there is no gambling on matches, and the MM can't be bribed into making a match better or worse for someone.

- It's not a competition for prizes of any consequence, beyond bragging rights, which it seems a few really want to defend.

- It's not an e-sport so no serious competitions are in place, also e-sports events would never be held using  random battles match making.

- if it actually worked correctly everyone would have more closely matched games, something most of us enjoy more than having a high win rate. Unless of course you're only into bragging rights.

It seems to me the only problem for players if it were implemented and working correctly is the diminished WR bragging rights if it's commonly known about.

The trouble is I don't think it's working as intended. Some of the battles people are getting clearly show this.

Frankly I don't care about my WR stat, but I don't like having a pile of games that aren't fun because either the enemy melted like a stick of butter or my own team sucked harder than a vacuum cleaner on high. I can handle losing a few games if I felt at least we had a fighting chance at the loading screen (which lately hasn't always been the case), and it doesn't feel great rofl stomping some poor people either. Although I've noted many of you seem to take extreme joy in said rofl stomping.

Can you tell me that one side having two T8 BBs and the others top tier BB is a T7 and they only have one is fair, or perhaps a T6 CV being dragged into T8 games where they are the only T6 ship bar the enemy CV in the game. That has been happening and is why they need to have some kind of report bad mm button on the loading screen (no-where else!), so they can gather some information about what players don't like and tune their algorithm.

Great. A brick wall.

I'll leave with this because well, you wont listen to anything I say because you are clearly superior to me in every aspect.

you can't prove that water is wet to people who refuse to listen

Inappropriate Content, content removed, user warned

~tc1259

Edited by tc1259

216 posts
2,239 battles

9O28Qps.png

That seems like a perfect example of what I was trying to explain earlier, but sadly logic does not melt tin foil hats. No one wants to hear that their best effort is sub par so they build excuses on why they can't succeed.

461 posts
8,515 battles

- Storm states that WG didn’t want to implement skill MM and they didn’t: the “patent” on skill MM was filed “just in case”

-from For the Record, 27.09.2013

So you _finally_ post something plausible that supports your position, good! I guess this makes WG patent trolls, cause we do know they have the patent (must have cost them a fair bit) and have used it in law suites. To be honest that to me is far worse than any MM balancing algorithm! It's not normal practice to patent anything "just in case".

Although thinking about this it leaves this uncertain, as the guy in that article claimed to have spoke with a WG employee that confirmed it was being used in some way or another. Also given the whole situation where this comes up, again and again, you'd think they'd do more than have a one liner in someones blog post, heck some sort of official announcement or at least verifiable statement. It's curious that they haven't.

yeah I'm not a brick wall, just I require a bit more evidence than, "trust me I know what I'm talking about" or "it's been discussed before". Yeah I actually read some of the stuff linked, sometimes it's interesting, sometimes it's funny how misleading and ill-informed linked material can be.

That's an interesting link Syandia, but doesn't prove much more than the WR for the community at large will gravitate towards a bell curve given pseudo random MM. Something you'd expect. I'd be interested to see if a similar bell curve for actual players existed, not that it would prove anything as similar shaped curves don't prove that they have similar causes. I also note he hasn't modeled the queue, the MM (and used multiple MM models), ships (tiers), and how players behave regarding joining the queue. It's a rough approximation at best, but is a very incomplete model and doesn't really indicate much about the actual MM at all.

It's also interesting that he suggested that skill isn't important in that equivalent players can have significantly different WR, I'm sure a few people will rage at that. This is plausible, but the computer model isn't complete enough, so I doubt that.

The actual MM isn't random in the sense that it is matching a small number of people in a queue as best it can as fast as it can. The same people come back to the queue periodically (as they complete battles) and only a sample of the population is online at any one time. The main element of randomness in the MM is when you hit that battle button, and who else has within a similar time frame. The MM itself need not have any RNG to produce random teams under circumstances like that, but just needs to shape the randomness so players play with similar tier ships (and possibly similar skill players). That doesn't mean that it's "rigged", but that the MM algorithm itself has no need for a RNG, there's already enough entropy in the system, and no algorithm will filter that out.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I'll also note, no-one has really collected enough stats, not anyone on either side of the argument. Everyone is arguing on a sample of 1, themselves.

I believe you haven't read the link given in this thread. There's more than enough data from few tens of thousands of games for a single account to prove this point.

And. an email from WG if you actually read that link,

"The point you are referring to is simply applied because whereas the overall statistics can be misleading as everyone can have a good or bad day, so we use the player's statistics in the last 30 mins to get an idea of how they are playing at this particular moment."

So what do you think are they gonna do with  "player's statistics in the last 30 mins to get an idea of how they are playing at this particular moment." ? 
Of course, I'm not saying every of your game's MM is rigged. Algorithm activates when a player reach a certain threshold and gets limited to a number of games before deactivating. If it's always active, even the dumbest player around would feel something is wrong.

Program is too simple and leave too many factors out. I don't even know what this kid's trying to prove. There's no tier weighing, no class weighing, no consideration to the effects of divisions, divisions of highly skilled player, divisions of noob players, a mediocre division and not even the slightest consideration for at least 3 levels of player skill, and as I've said this WG "patented playerbase balancing algorithm" won't always be active(based on that light quick blog stats). He just put random bots to fight and the result is as obvious as a petrichor after a rain--the bell curve.

- Storm states that WG didn’t want to implement skill MM and they didn’t: the “patent” on skill MM was filed “just in case”

Of course

Edited by Deicide

216 posts
2,239 battles

Ok, so here a question I would like to see honest response. What happens if tomorrow WG comes out and post...

Dear players, we have always rigged the match maker, and we will continue with this system. have fun!

Would this actually cause you to quit playing or play less of the game? I mean most of you have already made up your minds that the games if fixed so would this be the final straw or would you be like, "Yea yea, what ever, nothing new." and just keep playing? And for player like myself that don't believe (or never really cared) what would your reaction be to this news.

Honestly my reaction would be...

uykF6Jp.png?1

In the end it really doesn't matter to me, I will, and have preformed well in WoWs (and WoTs) with or with out rigged MM, so whatever. 

Edited by Ryzil

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Ok, so here a question I would like to see honest response. What happens if tomorrow WG comes out and post...

Dear players, we have always rigged the match maker, and we will continue with this system. have fun!

Would this actually cause you to quit playing or play less of the game? I mean most of you have already made up your minds that the games if fixed so would this be the final straw or would you be like, "Yea yea, what ever, nothing new." and just keep playing? And for player like myself that don't believe (or never really cared) what would your reaction be to this news.

Honestly my reaction would be...

uykF6Jp.png?1

In the end it really doesn't matter to me, I will, and have preformed well in WoWs (and WoTs) with or with out rigged MM, so whatever. 

Yes and as I've said we can't really do anything about it. The point of this thread is just to prove the existence of this rigging--for the truth and not for your general use as an excuse for being a bad player. There are some good reasons why this rigging is implemented by WG, Valve and every other modern companies that has a matchmaking, and of course human-made solutions won't be perfect as a coin always have another side, this time a very ugly side.
Edited by Deicide

461 posts
8,515 battles

@Ryzil: yeah if they said that I'd be ok with it, with the proviso that they fix it's bugged butt. I'd certainly keep playing.

yeah I did read that article, and can see some plausibility, but also a bit of tin foil hattery. His sample was essentially himself albeit over many games. With 15-20k players per server that's kinda a drop in the ocean. He even admitted himself that his results were just observational.

He also tried to say that the other stats improving (such as WN8 etc) should also improve his WR, which is frankly a little bogus. We all know for example that doing lots of damage or getting many kills does not guarantee victory, although it may improve your chances. So it's completely possible to have your other stats going up whilst reaching a WR ceiling.

Having emails from WG staff on the other hand certainly indicates something is afoot, most people choose to believe they are rigging WR, but I think they are simply trying to reduce player frustration whilst also ensuring there is challenging play. Only trouble is it isn't working as well as they hoped.

I've said it before, it's not in their interests to hold back your WR and to annoy the hell out of you, but it's also not in their interests for lesser skilled players to suffer many loses as well. Annoyed players leave and are lost revenue, so they sorta have to ensure that good players lose sometimes, and low-skill players win sometimes. The games are made to have as wide an audience as possible, not to limit out any one group skilled or otherwise. So there may be a MM algorithm to try and spread the wins around.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

@Ryzil: yeah if they said that I'd be ok with it, with the proviso that they fix it's bugged butt. I'd certainly keep playing.

yeah I did read that article, and can see some plausibility, but also a bit of tin foil hattery. His sample was essentially himself albeit over many games. With 15-20k players per server that's kinda a drop in the ocean. He even admitted himself that his results were just observational.

He also tried to say that the other stats improving (such as WN8 etc) should also improve his WR, which is frankly a little bogus. We all know for example that doing lots of damage or getting many kills does not guarantee victory, although it may improve your chances. So it's completely possible to have your other stats going up whilst reaching a WR ceiling.

Having emails from WG staff on the other hand certainly indicates something is afoot, most people choose to believe they are rigging WR, but I think they are simply trying to reduce player frustration whilst also ensuring there is challenging play. Only trouble is it isn't working as well as they hoped.

I've said it before, it's not in their interests to hold back your WR and to annoy the hell out of you, but it's also not in their interests for lesser skilled players to suffer many loses as well. Annoyed players leave and are lost revenue, so they sorta have to ensure that good players lose sometimes, and low-skill players win sometimes. The games are made to have as wide an audience as possible, not to limit out any one group skilled or otherwise. So there may be a MM algorithm to try and spread the wins around.

True mate. After a while, most companies handling online matchmakers becomes more experienced in handling online players as more data comes in. This rigging is a product of that experience and I believe the primary reason for its implementation is to reduce toxicity--toxicity that have killed a some online games(i'm looking at you HoN) and one of the real problems online games are facing. Unimpeded and pure, MM with party/division feature would not produce a single bell curve, more of a mountain range with multiple peaks mostly concentrated at 40%~ and 60%~. This will induce elitism and finally toxicity. This is why i stop looking at WR after 50% and start looking at other parameters such as damage/KDR etc. in online games.

575 posts
5,354 battles

I find it laudable that this was stated by a WG representative. OB is using a skill based MM for AW. Are they (WG) going to go after OB for doing so? Alternatively, if OB is using it what is WG's reasoning behind not doing so? Are their developers not capable of producing an effective skill based MM? Skill based MM is the only answer for balancing battles in my opinion. This would put unicrums against unicrums most of the time not against those far less fortunate to be any where near their level. However, I guess if they did implement a skill based MM there would be much consternation by said unicrum players since they cannot exploit their advantage over those nowhere near their level.

62 posts
1,464 battles

I find it laudable that this was stated by a WG representative. OB is using a skill based MM for AW. Are they (WG) going to go after OB for doing so? Alternatively, if OB is using it what is WG's reasoning behind not doing so? Are their developers not capable of producing an effective skill based MM? Skill based MM is the only answer for balancing battles in my opinion. This would put unicrums against unicrums most of the time not against those far less fortunate to be any where near their level. However, I guess if they did implement a skill based MM there would be much consternation by said unicrum players since they cannot exploit their advantage over those nowhere near their level.

it's true it's obvious skill based MM is the way to go out of FAIRNESS but WG don't care about that they just pander to 'the few' who sail around killing us all whereas most of us are not as good and we'd like a fair 'crack o' the whip' too