You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Valhalla_Shank

Completely rigged, WR is completely out of our control.

103 comments in this topic

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,817 battles

Yes.

Everyday I drink the salty tears of my enemies, bathe in their blood and feast on their shattered hopes and dreams.

Doing so allows me to achieve a 66% win rate.

You should do the same if you want to get a 65% win rate and above.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

One team full of newbies, scrubs and a single veteran, the other team is full of average players. 

In WOT, the veteran can absolutely carry the team to victory but in WOWS, it is down right impossible. because... POINTS!!! It doesn't matter how hard you carry, if those scrubs on your team keep yolo-ing and feeding the enemy, you're still gonna lose. 

84 posts
4,438 battles

Yes.

Everyday I drink the salty tears of my enemies, bathe in their blood and feast on their shattered hopes and dreams.

Doing so allows me to achieve a 66% win rate.

You should do the same if you want to get a 65% win rate and above.

Is it possible to get that kind of WR without division??

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I've been doing decently while completely solopubbing, and I'm a pretty average player at best. A good player can likely hit unicum status while solo.

[151ST]
1,014 posts
4,526 battles

I've been doing decently while completely solopubbing, and I'm a pretty average player at best. A good player can likely hit unicum status while solo.

Ok, fine... I'll let you get away with top end of average :P

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
465 posts
9,889 battles

I've seen several people with 70% winrates 

Using Tier 1 ship only

Maybe u want to try that out to get at least 60% or more :trollface:

575 posts
5,354 battles

I've seen several people with 70% winrates 

Using Tier 1 ship only

Maybe u want to try that out to get at least 60% or more :trollface:

That's pretty much how a majority of these 'unicrums' do it. They'll use the lower tiers to pad their stats. It's called seal clubbing. One only has to look at how many battles they have in the lower tier ships to see this is true. Note to those 'unicrums' that don't seal club to pad stats, don't get your panties in a wad. I'm not calling you out, this is directed at those who do.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

That's pretty much how a majority of these 'unicrums' do it. They'll use the lower tiers to pad their stats. It's called seal clubbing. One only has to look at how many battles they have in the lower tier ships to see this is true. Note to those 'unicrums' that don't seal club to pad stats, don't get your panties in a wad. I'm not calling you out, this is directed at those who do.

oi there's nothing wrong with having a 19 point captain on my Erie ;)

575 posts
5,354 battles

Sadly, most will not read this. They see the headline and immediately dismiss it. They don't care if this person has the statistical data to back up his suspicions nor do they care if he has written proof of WG's own employees admitting to a number of things he is saying. These people believe WG is infallible and would never ever ever ever do anything of this nature. They have the stats to prove that. To that I say, see my comment about seal clubbing. :trollface:

460 posts
8,358 battles

I read the article and can see it's plausible, but I think the speculation on the  motivation for war gaming doing such things might not be correct. Either way he has only examined his own play, if he had gathered a bunch of stats from other players showing the peaks and troughs it would be without doubt. Also he only played low tiers, where all the lowest skill players are, he could have randomly met whole teams of noobs. He also played the same vehicles all the time, not really how most people play. Still it seems plausible given the patents and other items mentioned.

No one likes to lose lots and lots of games, even the noobs, or just plain untalented. Perhaps you're being placed with these newer players with the expectation that you'll carry them a bit, or teach them how to be better players. Could it be the opposite? MM boosting some players with lower win rates to improve their playing satisfaction? Has reaching that higher average WR simply removed that boost causing the oscillation? War gaming want to retain players (including the unskilled) so I'd suggest this is more likely. Remember they need a population of players at all levels (tier and skill) to keep the whole range of the games populated so new players have someone to play with!

In WoT it's far easier to carry than here in WoWs from what I can tell, I wouldn't know from my own experience as I tried WoT and found it to be unfriendly to a complete tank noob, so I haven't done very well with it at all.

Really it sounds like a case of rubber banding to ensure that most players meet a challenge and aren't always out-matched.

Obviously people can over come it, as there are many people in both WoT and here in WoWs with quite high win rates. I'd say these people have developed not only the skill to play the game well, but also skill in getting their team mates to play better. I've noted on occasion when in a BB that leading a successful push and doing piles of damage will get many surrounding players to do better, whilst the other side are panicking and retreating.

We know that it happens in WoWs as well to a degree, but it's for the purposes of breaking losing streaks. Remember how people complained of being bottom tier in their ships all the time? They implemented some limit of bottom tier games for each individual ship, when reached would try to put you in a game that you are top tier. It was in the patch notes for one of the patches, I forget which, but I'd say this is probably a positive thing. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar rubber band algorithm were also applied.

I've found that changing ships (playing a variety of vessels) seems to be a good way of changing your "luck". So if you start having some losses change up your play and change the ship you're playing. Switching the class you're playing can help if that still doesn't help. I've sometimes made losing streaks worse (when I have them) by continually playing the same ship/class when it's not working for me, don't do this, although it's an easy mental trap to fall into. If changing still doesn't help, take a break, play some PVE.

So what impact should the article have on you. Well perhaps WR shouldn't be the go-to stat that everyone compares and brags about. Really it should mean that skill should be measured by a combination of all the stats and which vessels they have achieved them on. Keep playing if you enjoy the games.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles
Well my guess is they also use Bots in WOWS pub battles, as I have seen players in DDs, Cruisers and BBs just sail straight at the enemy and straight towards the enemy's red cap circle or into and past the white caps as well only to die with in a few seconds.

460 posts
8,358 battles

Well my guess is they also use Bots in WOWS pub battles, as I have seen players in DDs, Cruisers and BBs just sail straight at the enemy and straight towards the enemy's red cap circle or into and past the white caps as well only to die with in a few seconds.

Have you played any PVE? The bots are _smarter_ than this, it's likely you had some scrub-lord noobs on your team, or perhaps individuals running bots. If they were War gamings bots they'd play better than that.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Have you played any PVE? The bots are _smarter_ than this, it's likely you had some scrub-lord noobs on your team, or perhaps individuals running bots. If they were War gamings bots they'd play better than that.

Yes ive played PVE and the bots are programed to head towards the caps.

If no one fired at the bots and just let them sail along they will all end up on your cap.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

But I do know one thing the max number of wins in a row  that I can get seems to be about 11 as I've got 11 wins in a row numerous times but can never get that number 12 win.

lolz

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

every online game with matchmaking is rigged like dota 2 to give newbies and dummys a chance. should be obvious if you've been playing for long time.

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

every online game with matchmaking is rigged like dota 2 to give newbies and dummys a chance. should be obvious if you've been playing for long time.

Does this include games like CSGO which deliberately give you ranking ensuring that you only play with people at your relative skill level +/- 15%? Infact at the rank I was before I took this latest break I was in the top 20% of players globally according to glicko2 ranking.

WOWS isn't a competitive game however and as correctly pointed out in the linked article and in many other players the system here is designed with shelf life in mind. I said in another thread you will never see t8/9/10 repair costs drop for the same reason, it's all based around shelf life, extending that shelf life through (basically) wasting the players time and forcing them to go 2 steps backwards for every step forward once they hit some predetermined barrier.

Similarly when you win % starts to drop much too far you will find things like setting fires, accuracy and penetrations become trivially easy. A friend of mine demonstrated this to me after we both discovered we played the same game. By all accounts he was completely mediocre but damn it all if every HE shell he landed didn't start a fire, every AP got a penetration (not necessarily a cit) and over-all his accuracy seemed to be better than expected.

lastly the comment about bots is laughable, if you play high tier PVE there are STILL players who die within minutes to WG bots. For reasons that defy rational explanation there are players in PVE at tier 8 -and- they still get obliterated by bots.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Does this include games like CSGO which deliberately give you ranking ensuring that you only play with people at your relative skill level +/- 15%? Infact at the rank I was before I took this latest break I was in the top 20% of players globally according to glicko2 ranking.

WOWS isn't a competitive game however and as correctly pointed out in the linked article and in many other players the system here is designed with shelf life in mind. I said in another thread you will never see t8/9/10 repair costs drop for the same reason, it's all based around shelf life, extending that shelf life through (basically) wasting the players time and forcing them to go 2 steps backwards for every step forward once they hit some predetermined barrier.

Similarly when you win % starts to drop much too far you will find things like setting fires, accuracy and penetrations become trivially easy. A friend of mine demonstrated this to me after we both discovered we played the same game. By all accounts he was completely mediocre but damn it all if every HE shell he landed didn't start a fire, every AP got a penetration (not necessarily a cit) and over-all his accuracy seemed to be better than expected.

Sadly, I haven't played CSGO for years but for dota 2, HoN and LoL is rigged some way or another. IF you're getting too many win streak, here comes the dumbest team ever assembled and a very decent enemy team.

WoWS could have been a competitive game but sadly, as like the sample you've given, it's too RNG-centric. This gameplay has no place in the competitive scene unless they reduce RNG-based mechanic here, which is very unlikely in fact, from the last update, they even added more RNG-centric gameplay.

Edited by Deicide