You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
byungnam

Whats your average exp gain per battle?

Your average exp per battle  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Your average exp per battle

• below 700
    • 700-800
    • 800-900
    • 900-1000
    • 1000-1100
    • above 1100

18 comments in this topic

48 posts
2,960 battles

I've been thought unskilled players would gain exp below 700, the moderate and skilled player would gain more than 800, but recently, I think I might be wrong.

I see some players even in high tier play bad, I mean, bad at decisions they make - i.e., leaving almost captured  enemy base even if we are about to lose, cruisers leaving fleet even CVs or BBs request for AA support), but some of they have above 800 average exp gain per battle which confuses me.

So... would you please vote? :)

Edit: Please refer and vote the value shown in this page (official WoWS profile page)

Edited by byungnam

48 posts
2,960 battles

It's all listed on the portal profile.

There are tons of dummy accounts and I just cannot get a statistically meaningful information.

Or can you link the page for me?

Edited by byungnam

451 posts
6,946 battles

Sometimes the exp is weird tho

Non objective play is a steep climb for exp

I got only 800+ exp victory once in amagi for doing 130k with some citadels without other ribbons

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

If I'm right, the stats is not affected by exp boosts (flags, first win), not sure about premium account though.

It does get affected by premium accounts, if you run premium most of the time the average exp on stats page would be roughly 1.5x higher than actual match average..

Sometimes the exp is weird tho

Non objective play is a steep climb for exp

I got only 800+ exp victory once in amagi for doing 130k with some citadels without other ribbons

Damage is just a small part of exp earning.. Dealing massive damage to lower tier BB would net roughly the same amount of exp as denting a higher tier one..

Dealing just 2000 damage to a DD can net more exp than a single citadel hit to a BB..

So the next time you see a DD close by even if there's a bigger ship next to him, blast that puny DD instead..

43 posts
6,031 battles

1200 + for DD (Even loss)

1000-1100 for CA/CL

800-1000 for BB

Mainly of DD EXP come form Spotting

PS. Today is not my day Loss 8 Streak in Mahan... but average EXP more than 1400...

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Damage is just a small part of exp earning.. Dealing massive damage to lower tier BB would net roughly the same amount of exp as denting a higher tier one..

Dealing just 2000 damage to a DD can net more exp than a single citadel hit to a BB..

So the next time you see a DD close by even if there's a bigger ship next to him, blast that puny DD instead..

I think the mechanic count not raw number (100.000, 200.000 dmg etc) but HP percentage dealt by the player. Like how confederate works

its currious how it count aircraft exp though

Edited by humusz

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

1200 + for DD (Even loss)

1000-1100 for CA/CL

800-1000 for BB

Mainly of DD EXP come form Spotting

PS. Today is not my day Loss 8 Streak in Mahan... but average EXP more than 1400...

Uhh, the majority of your DD exp comes from spotting exp? What?

43 posts
6,031 battles

Uhh, the majority of your DD exp comes from spotting exp? What?

From my experience in WoWs and WoT.

I think WoWs has extra spotting Exp like WoT. (Spot enemy and let team shooting)

You can be easily prove by play as DD and try not to shoot anyone, but keep spotting at close range. If you're good co-ordinate with firing team provide smoke to hide them and do spotting in front of smoke, you'll receive exp around 800-1,000 without shooting anyone.

This my Exp (3283, just play 2-3 hour ago, that's why I can remember all the details), while only do damage around 80k (143 hit with 80 hit goes to BB with super low damage), but always front-line spot (most close to enemy, the ship that's I remember I were always spot in this game are 3DD, 2BB, and 2CA + 1CA & 1BB at late game), plus my Mahan has 7.9 Km camo, that's mean I was nearly always spotted vs enemy 3 DD...

Edit: Sorry maybe Pic are too large... (If have problem I'll try to re-size it later, I didn't pro about pic...)

160301094503.jpg

160301095655.jpg

These make me think the EXP mechanic in WoWs has include spot as same as WoT. ("Just my Think"... because it didn't show in result screen as same as WoT, but the excessive EXP in DD was happen many time if play as good spotter/distract, that was high risk - high return, easy to spotted especially by enemy plane, got shoot from enemy DD, or get enemy trop by accident, maybe get severe disadvantage by Radar patch...)

If EXP system in WoWs didn't involve spot mechanic. Pls. tell me, I want to make sure about it. (I and my 2 friend that's play DD has same though, that it has secret spotting EXP, due to strange EXP without doing damage in some game [due to all torps are miss in Mutsuki, but receive around 800-1200 EXP in winning games])

If it involve, it can explain about:

1) Why BB get low EXP when do massive damage (If play style is sniping from afar)

2) Why Cruiser get low EXP when doing good damage or support (If play style is support behind BB, lob from afar [This happen to my Cleveland and Mogami before 5.0.3 patch even do more 150k Damage])

Red text. Post edited, no warning issued. Note that red text is reserved for moderator use only.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

As far as I know, there is no spotting exp in World of Warships.

The greatest experience gain comes from dealing % damage to a ship. The higher % of an enemy ship's health bar you take off, the more exp you get. This is why some players can have pretty high exp totals despite not getting any kills - they took a large chunk of a ship's health bar off. Dealing high amounts of damage won't net you a lot of exp if its spread out across many ships. Killing a ship just tacks on a small bonus amount of exp. The other large source of exp is from capping bases - which is how destroyers can earn huge amounts of exp.

43 posts
6,031 battles

As far as I know, there is no spotting exp in World of Warships.

The greatest experience gain comes from dealing % damage to a ship. The higher % of an enemy ship's health bar you take off, the more exp you get. This is why some players can have pretty high exp totals despite not getting any kills - they took a large chunk of a ship's health bar off. Dealing high amounts of damage won't net you a lot of exp if its spread out across many ships. Killing a ship just tacks on a small bonus amount of exp. The other large source of exp is from capping bases - which is how destroyers can earn huge amounts of exp.

Thanks for an Answer. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: A little question if you don't mind.

"The higher % of an enemy ship's health bar you take off"

and

"Dealing high amounts of damage won't net you a lot of exp if its spread out across many ships"

A little conflict in word: If deal "high amounts of damage" that's mean "a lot of % of ship health", why spread out across many ships didn't give same among as shoot single ship?. In theory It's should receive same EXP, if Damage deal equal in % of ship health even dealt damage to many ship (don't count kill EXP bonus).

Many Thanks

------------------------------------------------

Edit2: Thank again for reply, that's answer was explain about how to calculate% of ship and exp if ship not have same Max HP, but that didn't my question about.

"Dealing high amounts of damage won't net you a lot of exp if its spread out across many ships"

From this word I understand this:

Control Parameter : 1) All ship same Tier

2) Don't mind class because only calculate% of HP

3) Ship has same Max HP for easy to calculate and make example. If not, It's must scale up the raw damage to make same percentage.

Situation 1 :  Player A (Green side) Deal 2,000 dmg >> to >> Player AA (Red side) 10,000 HP ship -----> 20% health

Why didn't receive exp equal to:

Situation 2 :  Player A (Green side) Deal 1,000 dmg >> to >> Player AA (Red side) 10,000 HP ship -----> 10% health

>> Player BB (Red side) 10,000 HP ship -----> 10% health

same total of  20% health should get same exp even "if its spread out across many ships".

And yep, The game rewards for taking "appropriate" enemy ships down at right "situation" depend on individual "play-style", not for raw damage numbers.

Edited by TSilverwing

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Thanks for an Answer. :)

Edit: A little question if you don't mind.

"The higher % of an enemy ship's health bar you take off"

and

A little conflict in word: If deal "high amounts of damage" that's mean "a lot of % of ship health", why spread out across many ships didn't give same among as shoot single ship?. In theory It's should receive same EXP, if Damage deal equal in % of ship health even dealt damage to many ship (don't count kill EXP bonus).

Many Thanks

Lets take two players. Each playing the same ship, and they each dealt 10,000 damage in a match. 

Player A deals 10,000 to a single battleship of the same tier, which has a pretty large health pool. 10k damage isn't going to be a big percentage of that battleship's health bar. Player B deals 10,000 damage to a destroyer of the same tier, with a considerably smaller amount of total health, so 10k is going to be a huge chunk of the health bar. Despite dealing the same amount of damage, Player B is going to receive more exp than Player A, simple because he did more % damage to a ship.

The game rewards you for taking down enemy ships, not for raw damage numbers, to encourage players to focus on destroying ships instead of constantly switching targets to get huge amounts of damage.

48 posts
2,960 battles

It does get affected by premium accounts, if you run premium most of the time the average exp on stats page would be roughly 1.5x higher than actual match average..

Damn... That should make this poll almost useless since the premium accounts would almost get more than 1200.