Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Tears of the desert

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

I have to say in my opinion this map is not a good map because where the islands are placed and were the Caps are placed, everyone just sits and camps at base behind the islands and this make for a boring map and boring game play when players do nothing but sit and try to snipe at long range from cap to cap .

No one attacks they just defend and those that try to attack just get killed and die as the whole enemy team is just sitting and defending cap and then the timer will run out and the team with most ships left will of course win . Most battles there's usually 6-8 ships left on both sides.

Please change the map .

Edited by yobbo1972

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

All high-tier games are boring :trollface:

Yes they can be because no one wants to attack because it way to easy to kill or be killed at high tiers

But can we keep to the topic please.

Any other players who have played this map feel the same way?

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

Your question was answered...

Its not the map, its the innate gameplay of tier 10s. Even in the Public Test server where everyone had 100m credits and doubloons, people still play cowardly and hide at the back so repair cost isnt the only reason why tier 10 gameplay is slow and boring.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Your question was answered...

Its not the map, its the innate gameplay of tier 10s. Even in the Public Test server where everyone had 100m credits and doubloons, people still play cowardly and hide at the back so repair cost isnt the only reason why tier 10 gameplay is slow and boring.

No the question about the map wasn't answered

All that was said was about the high tiers. But its not just the high tiers, its also the way the map is designed that forces players to camp behind the islands at the caps.

If those island are not in front of each cap the way they are, then players wont hide and camp behind them.

Players will use and adapt to the environment of the map. the design of the map needs to change to stop players from camping behind the islands in front of the caps.

But yes tier 9 and 10s are unbalanced and boring mostly because players cant take a hit in their ships as they receive a lot of damage from a few shells only, mainly because the ratio between shell damage and hit points is to high.

if you compare the shell damage to hit points at lower tiers ships can take a lot more hits compared to high tiers.

Edited by yobbo1972

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

The map isnt at fault.

I've played it and the results are consistent. Yamatos snipe. Shimas torp. Zaos do whatever they please. The map isnt even being used other than by DDs sneaking around.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

The map isnt at fault.

I've played it and the results are consistent. Yamatos snipe. Shimas torp. Zaos do whatever they please. The map isnt even being used other than by DDs sneaking around.

umm yeah, that's what I'm saying, everyone just camps and snipes behind the island at the cap points, and that makes for a bad map by getting players to do nothing but camp.

yes the results are consistent as everyone camps. and the timer always runs out. So yes consistent.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

umm yeah, that's what I'm saying, everyone just camps and snipes behind the island at the cap points, and that makes for a bad map by getting players to do nothing but camp.

yes the results are consistent as everyone camps. and the timer always runs out. So yes consistent.

Just like every other tier 10 map.

This is no different.

Put tier 10s on Ocean and people will camp and snipe behind something.

I bet you can whine about Ocean map.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Just like every other tier 10 map.

This is no different.

Put tier 10s on Ocean and people will camp and snipe behind something.

I bet you can whine about Ocean map.

Nothing wrong with ocean map at all, so how can you hide behind something when there is nothing to hide behind?

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,493 battles

One thing they should fix about this map is where you can sit behind an island and cap on the southern base cap.

It makes it fairly easy for the north team to win by points. (F6/F7 on map)

eyc4Cvz.png

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

Nothing wrong with ocean map at all, so how can you hide behind something when there is nothing to hide behind?

And yet Tier 10s play like cowards on that map.

Even on a map with absolutely nothing they play like cowards.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

They just haven't got the Balance right at tier 10, ships just die way to easy.

and because ships die easy players don't want to take hits and yes most say it because of the repair costs as well.

I think WG have got tiers 9 and 10s totally  wrong.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

One thing they should fix about this map is where you can sit behind an island and cap on the southern base cap.

It makes it fairly easy for the north team to win by points. (F6/F7 on map)

eyc4Cvz.png

Would it help if they moved the caps ??

Put the caps at G4 and D7 ?? maybe then ships can work on each flank, and DDs can use the islands for cover etc. That way teams will move away from caps and fight on each side of the map instead of staying at cap and camping??

Sign in to follow this