You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Floting Bonfire

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Hello,

Well as the title says, the ship that has become a Floating Bonfire  in every battle is the Warspite.

Now, yes I agree the Warspite  guns at tier 6 do a lot of damage when it hits a ship,  yes it can repair a lot of damage from a citadel hit (the citadels are very week), But now the Warspite is nothing but a floating matchstick covered in petrol and bursts into flames when a HE shell even thinks about looking at her.

Can someone please have a look into this, because it really is bad when the Warspite has 3 fires burning at the same time and you use the repair to put the fires out, but while its on cool down you get 3 fires burning again straight away, you then have no chance to put them out and you burn to the waterline, all the while taking damage while  trying to run away.

Now when the Warspite was first put up for sale and after a few adjustment were made to her, she became a brawler of a ship that reveled in close quarter combat, but now you cant get close to any ship that has HE as you just get burnt to a crisp.

It would be nice if the fire chance on the ship could be reduced so the ship can fight in a battle and not just run and hide from HE shells as you cant brawl in this ship anymore.

Having played most of the BBs in the game other than tier 10s and the Iowa, I've not noticed or experienced any other BB get set on fire as much as the Warspite. (all tho this one time at Band camp.... a  Cleveland set my North Carolina on fire 5 times in a row.... HMMMMMMM).

Because the way it is at the moment the Floating Bonfire wont be getting a sail anytime soon....

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Even when I see a Warpite on the enemy team and I'm in a BB, ill change to HE knowing that I'm going to set her on fire very easy, and get up to 3 fires burning in a blink of an eye.

575 posts
5,354 battles

And to prove your point about how bad it is, Noster just did this video of 2 battles in his Warspite. He's commentary pretty much indicts WG what they've done to this ship. I'm pretty sure this is indicative of what the entire British BB line will be like too. However, I expect a few mouth pieces to tell me otherwise. WG's history for line/premium ships/tanks is telling and cannot be white washed no matter how hard the sycophants want to do so.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yep that's how the Warspite goes, fire, after fire, after fire, it really is that bad

Warspite is not a good over all ship.

If anything they need to reduce the fires and maybe speed up the Gun movement and it becomes a better ship with out much of a buff at all.

The Warspite is a bad ship.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

And to prove your point about how bad it is, Noster just did this video of 2 battles in his Warspite. He's commentary pretty much indicts WG what they've done to this ship. I'm pretty sure this is indicative of what the entire British BB line will be like too. However, I expect a few mouth pieces to tell me otherwise. WG's history for line/premium ships/tanks is telling and cannot be white washed no matter how hard the sycophants want to do so.

Well its not my replay but its a replay just the same and as you can see the fires are way bad and the ship takes damage so easy.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Sadly Yobbo, WG doesn't even bother to read their suggestion forums. Even if they do, they only put it here to laugh at players because they believe they know better. This is typical of WG and their history supports it. They only make changes to things after long periods of time or when they are threatened by competition. I'm kinda wishing I'd never bought this ship now.

460 posts
8,313 battles

I recently bought the warspite as she had come down significantly in cost since last she was sold.

Whilst I agree the ship is squishy as notser suggests, I don't think she's bad. It simply takes some getting used to.

she has excellent guns that are quite capable of dealing the pain out.

I think she might be Squishy because of her armour layout. She has thick hull armour and little citadel armour which is quite different to other BBs. Not sure if this is because she genuinely had a different armour layout or not.

Getting more than two fires? reduce your profile by going bow/stern on. Use her maneuverability. If you're close you'll put those cruisers/destroyers down quickly, if you're more distant your greater accuracy will help. If you're even more distant use the good concealment to get away. her detection range is 14.?kms which is much better than most BBs.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Sadly Yobbo, WG doesn't even bother to read their suggestion forums. Even if they do, they only put it here to laugh at players because they believe they know better. This is typical of WG and their history supports it. They only make changes to things after long periods of time or when they are threatened by competition. I'm kinda wishing I'd never bought this ship now.

Yes I know what you mean, and yeah i wish i hadn't got the ship either, but it use to be a good ship and a good brawler, but not now, it gets set on fire that many times there is no point in taking it out unless you in a Div of 3 players with 2 of them being in cruisers to help you out.

when the ship first come out they made a number of changes to it from first release to what it is now, But i also think they added  increased fire chance on the ship as it never got set on fire as much as it does now.

Players complained about how bad the ship was, with its poor gun range (longest recorded shell hit by any ship at 23km) and very slow gun rotation, poor citadel armour from the sides, so they made the guns accurate,  gave it a spotter aircraft and improved the rudder shift and turning circle of the ship  and made it possible to repair a lot of citadel damage and it only took half HP damage when hit by torpedoes( i think it back to full HP damage from torpedoes now).

Players learned how to play the ship and started to get good damage and good win rates and because players like Deathskyz etc played the ship very well, i believe WG then made the ship catch on fire a lot more as a bit of a nerf for it, because players started to do really well and it was a brawler of a ship and could take lots of punishment when the ship was pointing bow on to the enemy.

But with the fire chance so high now it doesn't matter if you point your bow at the enemy as they just fire HE and set you on fire and you burn to the water.

575 posts
5,354 battles

2 battles in it, and I'm burned down to the waterline. No matter what I do to time my premium DC party, I get set on fire with every volley. WG really fracked us paying customers with this POS ship. They need to fix it or refund our money for selling a product they know was broken from the outset.

1. 100% catches fire on first volley

2. DC party up time = to CA time. (Tirpitz and Nikolai both have 15 second up time)

3. Slowest turret traverse of all BB save that of the Yamato.

4. Weakest armor of all BBs.

This tells me that the British BB line will be very similar in scope and thus nothing more than floating fireboxes. WG you've convicted yourselves of this fraud you passed off as a competitive ship.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

I recently bought the warspite as she had come down significantly in cost since last she was sold.

Whilst I agree the ship is squishy as notser suggests, I don't think she's bad. It simply takes some getting used to.

she has excellent guns that are quite capable of dealing the pain out.

I think she might be Squishy because of her armour layout. She has thick hull armour and little citadel armour which is quite different to other BBs. Not sure if this is because she genuinely had a different armour layout or not.

Getting more than two fires? reduce your profile by going bow/stern on. Use her maneuverability. If you're close you'll put those cruisers/destroyers down quickly, if you're more distant your greater accuracy will help. If you're even more distant use the good concealment to get away. her detection range is 14.?kms which is much better than most BBs.

It doesn't matter if you are bow/stern on it is very easy to still get 2-3 fires burning and when the ship has been set on fire 7-10 times then you got no HP left at all to be able to fight.

Fire has killed off the usefulness of the Warspite.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

The Warspite premium ship we got is the one form the 1930s not the refitted 1940s Warspite which was a lot better and had a longer Gun range.

460 posts
8,313 battles

Her gun range isn't that bad fellas, it's better than the New Mexico.

Her turret traverse is pretty bad, until you put expert marksman on your captain, then it is about 14 seconds faster.

She is squishy, but the repair sorta helps with that. Also she does dodge quite well. I've manage to survive quite well, but have also had a few wtf moments being sunk by plunging fire at long range (about 29k HP at the time). So yeah her survivability could use a buff.

I haven't noticed her burning more than any other BB, I thought they all burned all the time like that lol. It's possibly due to everyone switching to demo expert since the AFT/BFT nerf.

despite the weaknesses and strengths, she is performing about the same as the other T6 BBs for me.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

First, i agree that Warspite is too vulnerable to HE shell. 

Second, you complain about her getting cit'd easily? Of course! She is a Pre-Jutland Dreadnought, therefore, not having "All or nothing" armor. New Mexico is the only ship at tier VI that has All or Nothing armor.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

First, i agree that Warspite is too vulnerable to HE shell. 

Second, you complain about her getting cit'd easily? Of course! She is a Pre-Jutland Dreadnought, therefore, not having "All or nothing" armor. New Mexico is the only ship at tier VI that has All or Nothing armor.

I never got that many citadel hits on my New Mexico when i played her, did enjoy playing that ship.

I didn't get set on fire as much as I do in the Warspite and even before the new commander skill updates the amount of fires was just as bad.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Warspite may be the weakest BB in its tier in terms of taking damage, but in return it seems to have the best accuracy..

And it hits, hard

575 posts
5,354 battles

Warspite may be the weakest BB in its tier in terms of taking damage, but in return it seems to have the best accuracy..

And it hits, hard

That accuracy doesn't do you much when you've burning down your last 1000 HP and it takes your guns 35 seconds to reload. You're dead before you get that shot off.

This ship needs a serious re-look and improvement. Right now, I've wasted money on something that was advertised as a competitive ship. It's nothing more than a oiled soaked wooden ship with 8 15" guns.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

And it hits, hard

yes agreed it has 15in guns at tier 6 were the other BBs have 14in

But she use to take a good pounding and still kept going but now with the fire it cant do jack.