Sign in to follow this  
Dire_Venom

Fighters... how even? Help needed.

4 comments in this topic

112 posts
1,553 battles

So Ive recently acquired the USN Langley and have the upgraded fighters equipped.

However my fighters seem woefully in-adequate/buggy compared to other Langley's fighters.

Our fighters will both meet (at full hp and with no AA shooting at them) and engage each other.

When my fighters engage the enemy fighters they seem to just 'hang' in mid air while they shoot at each other (battle proceeds normally elsewhere).

However all my fighters will die (they refuse to recall or move while engaged) while the enemy fighters take 1-2 casualties (even though they have the exact same fighters from the same carrier).

This happens constantly and Im wondering why my fighters suck so much?? What am I doing wrong?? We both have the exact same fighters from the langley so why do mine lose 100% of the time (as mentioned before there was no AA or other planes present).

Thanks!

112 posts
1,553 battles

Hold down the ALT key and then click, this allows your fighters to strafe. While this uses more fighter ammo, it guarantees a few shootdowns.

Thanks!

Any idea how I can recall my fighters while theyre engaging enemy fighters? They completely ignore the return to base command or any fighter way-points I set them :/

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Thanks!

Any idea how I can recall my fighters while theyre engaging enemy fighters? They completely ignore the return to base command or any fighter way-points I set them :/

IIRC, engaged fighters cannot disengage.

Also, while you may have the top fighters equipped,you may also have different upgrades or captain skills slotted, resuling in less capable fighters than the other team's CV. And as benli pointed out, fighter manual attack does pretty incredible damage.

Sign in to follow this