You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sparcie

Nagato blues

15 comments in this topic

460 posts
8,365 battles

I just recently got the Nagato and am having to play it basically stock. I've done some decent damage some games but struggle to do much in others and can't seem to get a win in her to save my life. I think the lack of wins is probably bad luck MM and team wise, but it's definitely not doing so well.

So what tips do you guys have for getting her to the first hull upgrade? (a major improvement!) or should I just grind her to the first upgrade in PVE

580 posts
1,587 battles

Just like any other stock ship in the game, you're just gonna have to bear with it for a while... If you got free XP it would be useful for researching modules...

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

personally I save free XP and don't buy the next ship until I am sure I can get a few of the requisite modules to make life easier.

If not, drop back to PvE and load up the XP flags

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

I love my Nagato. It seems a bit paper like on its bows, but that is any IJN vessel.

I think the hard thing to learn is that it has less guns than the Fuso and Amagi which can take players a little while to master.

What modules did you pop into her Sparcie?

Captain skills i still went for AFT, with the module to increase the secondary range of the guns. Having  your secondaries open at 7kms at DDs and cruisers can be beneficial.

460 posts
8,365 battles

I love my Nagato. It seems a bit paper like on its bows, but that is any IJN vessel.

I think the hard thing to learn is that it has less guns than the Fuso and Amagi which can take players a little while to master.

What modules did you pop into her Sparcie?

Captain skills i still went for AFT, with the module to increase the secondary range of the guns. Having  your secondaries open at 7kms at DDs and cruisers can be beneficial.

I'm not in front of the right computer at the moment, but I think it was the primary armament survivability, AA range extension (might swap it for accuracy increase) and fire/flood reduction. Haven't populated the fourth slot yet, and started a new captain as I'm keeping the fuso. captain skills, I think I started out with survivability and expert marksman.

I might try another build (especially if you guys have suggestions). Especially the longer range secondaries as they do seem quite good.

451 posts
6,946 battles

As a general rule of thumb always ensure you have enough fxp and silver for the next tier battleship's B hull.

B hulls are the defining factor for the battleship's performance so far among the two tech trees.

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Probably not for you, but i just went HAM with the stock Nagato. No matter the map, i chose an island that blocked view of me, came around the island, and planted all my rounds straight into the side of an unsuspecting victim, and continued the turn to get back behind the island, and repeated on the other side of the island, then moved on.

Its a quite nasty surprise to anyone when a wild Nagato suddenly appears, but sometimes there was a destroyer that popped up instead, which i just took on the chin and moved on to the next ship. Was a few funny moments too, a couple of those DDs launched their torps too close so they did no damage, and either ate all 8 410s, then finished by secondaries as they tried to run, or rammed me and died anyway. Did the same with stock Fuso with its 13km range.

Never underestimate the power of concealment and surprise.

Edited by Cyanide7662

451 posts
6,946 battles

Probably not for you, but i just went HAM with the stock Nagato. No matter the map, i chose an island that blocked view of me, came around the island, and planted all my rounds straight into the side of an unsuspecting victim, and continued the turn to get back behind the island, and repeated on the other side of the island, then moved on.

Its a quite nasty surprise to anyone when a wild Nagato suddenly appears, but sometimes there was a destroyer that popped up instead, which i just took on the chin and moved on to the next ship. Was a few funny moments too, a couple of those DDs launched their torps too close so they did no damage, and either ate all 8 410s, then finished by secondaries as they tried to run, or rammed me and died anyway. Did the same with stock Fuso with its 13km range.

Never underestimate the power of concealment and surprise.

>fuso

>concealment

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,447 battles

I just recently got the Nagato and am having to play it basically stock. I've done some decent damage some games but struggle to do much in others and can't seem to get a win in her to save my life. I think the lack of wins is probably bad luck MM and team wise, but it's definitely not doing so well.

So what tips do you guys have for getting her to the first hull upgrade? (a major improvement!) or should I just grind her to the first upgrade in PVE

always save free exp to upgrade 1st hull of a new ship :D

460 posts
8,365 battles

I did some grinding with it in PVE, and have the first hull upgrade. It's like night and day! It's much better, first PVP after upgrade got a win plus about 85k damage. Not spectacular, but a heck of a lot better.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

I did some grinding with it in PVE, and have the first hull upgrade. It's like night and day! It's much better, first PVP after upgrade got a win plus about 85k damage. Not spectacular, but a heck of a lot better.

want to know why IJN BB suck at stock?

almost all IJN BB got hidden gun upgrade along with their hull upgrade..(myogi C-kongo C-nagato B-amagi B-izumo B) with the exception of fuso and yamato(fuso got GFCS upgrade instead of gun upgrade)

their AP shell are dull in stock hull

those gun upgrade gives those BB better penetration and better damage (USN 406mm still has better damage and penetration tough compared with IJN top 410mm)

wise word... keep every free exp u got to research/unlock the hull (dont use it to research the ship)

Edited by ReNation

783 posts
4,829 battles

want to know why IJN BB suck at stock?

almost all IJN BB got hidden gun upgrade along with their hull upgrade..(myogi C-kongo C-nagato B-amagi B-izumo B) with the exception of fuso and yamato(fuso got GFCS upgrade instead of gun upgrade)

their AP shell are dull in stock hull

those gun upgrade gives those BB better penetration and better damage (USN 406mm still has better damage and penetration tough compared with IJN top 410mm)

wise word... keep every free exp u got to research/unlock the hull (dont use it to research the ship)

I followed the rule of getting the hull upgrade as soon as I can with free EXP but honestly didn't know these hidden values.

Thanks for the heads up.