Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

Torpedoes everywhere!

46 comments in this topic

1,126 posts

it's form Ichase channel, a match night before 5.3 patch.

I can't help but laugh my ass off, seeing those CA get wrack by 3 shimakaze torp

a party start at 3.40

55555555+

well, compare to how many DD get wrack by CA, seeing this is kind of satisfied.

and...... seriously WG, please start to limit number of DD in each team.

4 is good, 5 - 6 is way~~~~ too many.

Edited by PGM991

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

This, is why i both want the Shimakaze, and why i also do not want to play a Tier 8+ :D

Tier 10 is such a love-hate relationship

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yep agreed

No such thing as balance at tiers 9 and 10

WG, needs to learn not to use just the stats they get from battles to work out what balances they need to do, because players like to spam torps even when there is no ships in sight.

That's the reason why there are low torp hits % in the game in the first place.

plus the HE fire is also not the best as now everyone in a cruiser or DD with good guns, will be using demolition expert just to make sure they get that many firers that BB just burn to the waterline, as I'm sure it showing in WG stats the amount of fires have now gone up in %  

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yes they need to take what they have in tiers 5-7 as the sweet spot for balance and put that into tiers 8-10

But they wont and they have made tiers 8-10 even worse now.

First it was the CV that where OP so they nerfed them.

Then it was the BB being OP so they nerfed them.

Now they have buffed DDs and cruisers fire %  chance and now they both are OP.

What I think they needed to do was reduced the spotting range of torps at higher tiers as they did and then just increase the HP of all tier 8-10 cruisers and DDs at them tiers so they can take a few more hits and things would of been ok but NO.

now they have made DDs OP and cruisers fire spewing machines.

cuz lets face it how many players use the -7% fire chance commander skill??? or the other ship survivability skills??? prob 5-10 % of players maybe, ive not yet seen one YouTube video that tells players to use them commander skills.

580 posts
1,587 battles

This one time I was in a match in my Atlanta with the enemy team having 3 Fubukis... During the pre-match loading, intra-match battle, and post-match scores... All I could do was one thing...

qJLPPU1.png

I can still hear it even today... Never have dodged failed so many torpedoes...

1,126 posts

lets face it how many players use the -7% fire chance commander skill??? or the other ship survivability skills???

I 'use to' have -7% chance of fire in my fuso.... I dare says it's the most crappy skill in game, it has no effect at all even one in a million!!!

683 posts
7,348 battles

There was a post on calculation on fire chance reduction with such skills/upgrades, which actually showed almost useless..

I couldn't stop laughing watching this video from iChase too.. had fairly similar experience with no chance at all finding that torp launching DD.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Amagi is facing serious pressure as once she gets into tier 10 games it's gg for her. I am forced to angle against two yamatos while my iowa and izumo struggled to dent them. Needless to say, it didn't go well, as there came shima torps.

I'd request for amagi and nc to get preferential mm up to tier 9, but maybe that's asking too much. I am always the sacking bag to allow the shimas and kageros to clean up.

Edited by Kleiss

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

This one time I was in a match in my Atlanta with the enemy team having 3 Fubukis... During the pre-match loading, intra-match battle, and post-match scores... All I could do was one thing...

qJLPPU1.png

I can still hear it even today... Never have dodged failed so many torpedoes...

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

I 'use to' have -7% chance of fire in my fuso.... I dare says it's the most crappy skill in game, it has no effect at all even one in a million!!!

Yep I even tired putting everything that you can get to reduce the chance of fires on my Warspite, like commander skills, modules, and signal flags and got set on fire even more with them than without lol

1,126 posts

I ever suggest DD without Torp aim guide (but better Torp Camo)

it did not end well

please, anything but that...

I mean... right now torpedoes hit rate is hanging around 10% already (that's why it have to be powerful, 1 hit is enough to break enemy a sweat)

if auto lead has been remove, hit rate would go down to 1% for sure (and to compensate that, torp must turn into 1 hit kill)

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

I can see it now, all the DDs charging in blindly to get torpedoes off and dying, like those sui-scouts in WoT......

No.

EDIT~ oh right, that fire chance calculation thing.

Dont know if theyve changed it (again), but last i heard a couple weeks ago was that it was

Ship's base anti-fire coefficient x (1 - Damage Control Mod 1 - Fire Prevention) x (Shell's base chance to set fire + Demolition Expert), with the Damage control mod and Fire prevention % converted to usable digits being 0.05 and 0.07 respectively

So, to use the Myoko (shooter), who has a 17% chance of fire and has demolition expert perks +3%, 

with any other tier 7 (target), who has the damage control mod 1 and fire prevention perks -7% as example's, that would work out as:

.7 x (1 - .05 - .07) x (17 + 3) = 12.32% Chance of fire. -7.68% from the Myoko's 20% chance.

That doesnt actually sound like a bad deal, or a useless perk to me

Edited by Cyanide7662

1,126 posts

it doesn't matter try to calculate fire reduction rate in percentage.

when it come to 'skill' that player has to spend their precious point to, it MUST FEEL THE DIFFERENCE between 'have' and 'don't have' that skill through current play, not by number on statistic.

- did you feel difference between have and don't have 'situation awareness' skill?  = YES! super!!

- did you feel difference between have and don't have 'super intendent' skill? = exactly!!

- did you feel difference between have and don't have 'Basic Fire Training' skill? = yes! (for a DD)

- did you feel difference between have and don't have 'Basic of survivability' skill? = a bit but yes

............etc.........

- did you feel difference between have and don't have 'fire prevention' skill? = ....not even one in a million!!

Edited by PGM991

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

As you say, its down to how the player felt about it. I, myself have felt a bit of a difference with having fire prevention.While at the same time however, i havent felt situation awareness as being useful on anything other than my destroyers. 

If im in a carrier, i always stay close enough to the rest of the team that a destroyer wont be able to get to me without first going through them. In a battleship, im always shooting, my detection range is always blown up, pointless, cruisers, same deal, but even i get shot at when i dont know im being spotted, i can almost always dodge it, or at least minimize the damage i take.

Its right down to the player, besides i was only really putting up the calculation as a reference and general knowledge, not a "you must take this skill" kind of thing, i wouldnt do that with anything. Except situation awareness on a destroyer, just plain stupid if you dont take it.

46 posts
3,123 battles

need to reduce that torpedo spamming

seriously thats not skill at all, just randomly shooting torpedoes.

maybe WG can try to make the torpedoes loading time more longer. no? make it unbalance?

how about this, make ammo cost for torpedo so damn expensive. so spamming with low hit rate will cause to deficit credits. even when you win the game.

575 posts
5,354 battles

WG, needs to learn not to use just the stats they get from battles to work out what balances they need to do, because players like to spam torps even when there is no ships in sight.

That's the reason why there are low torp hits % in the game in the first place.

This is the true reason why WG nerfed BB rudders and reduced the torpedo detection ranges. All because players are spamming torpedoes hoping for a hit. Area deniability is laughable. They do it because they are lazy and don't want to close in on any target. This is especially true at tier 9/10. WG devs studied the wrong metric data. Had they seen the real cause they may have reduced the ranges or put in torpedoes with reduced ranges as they did for the Minekaze. What makes matters worse is I bet torpedo hits are still low because of all the wall of torpedo spamming that is going on. What's next for the devs to correct this problem? Give all CAs and BBs longer response times on rudder shift and make torpedoes detection 1km or less out from the target? They did it once, they can damn sure do it again.

1,126 posts

torpedoews detection and damage and spam etc... are  not OP or unbalance, shimakaze torp has 3 min reload, that damn too long

if those torp are unbalance, than CA gun that can kill DD in just a few salvo are also OP and unbalance too!

question,

1. how often did you see those massive wall of torpedo?

compare to...

2. how often did you see DD get wrack by CA gun?

answer is as clear as day.

that clip I pose are NOT op or unbalance at all!!

what really need to be done is, limit number of DD in team & balance between torpedo boat and gun boat

Edited by PGM991

406 posts
6,287 battles

torpedoews detection and damage and spam etc... are  not OP or unbalance, shimakaze torp has 3 min reload, that damn too long

if those torp are unbalance, than CA gun that can kill DD in just a few salvo are also OP and unbalance too!

question,

1. how often did you see those massive wall of torpedo?

compare to...

2. how often did you see DD get wrack by CA gun?

answer is as clear as day.

that clip I pose are NOT op or unbalance at all!!

what really need to be done is, limit number of DD in team & balance between torpedo boat and gun boat

Except that what you are saying is complete false equivalence:

A DD can dump its torps undetected, and stay undetected and not receive incoming fire until the torps are reloaded and fire again.

Assume that the CA is undetected, as soon as it opens fire, it is detected for at least 20 seconds - and then proceed to receive incoming fire.

This is why DDs are so powerful, they can remain undetected firing torps at will. whereas any other ship that is undetected that tries to shoot at a DD will be detected and typically focus-fired by the enemy.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Except that what you are saying is complete false equivalence:

A DD can dump its torps undetected, and stay undetected and not receive incoming fire until the torps are reloaded and fire again.

Assume that the CA is undetected, as soon as it opens fire, it is detected for at least 20 seconds - and then proceed to receive incoming fire.

This is why DDs are so powerful, they can remain undetected firing torps at will. whereas any other ship that is undetected that tries to shoot at a DD will be detected and typically focus-fired by the enemy.

You assumed that all Torpedo spammer players have a 100% hit rate on torpedoes. Dude, its not easy to score a torpedo hit (especially at tier 8-10) since most of the players at that tier are not gonna sail straight for more than a minute. And judging from your preferred tier ship, i can understand why you are ranting about DD torp spams. Minekazes/Kamikazes can spam torps every 30-40 seconds, albeit at max range 7km. If what you are saying about DD being OP, it means that you have been sailing straight for too long/ unaware of being detected from an invisible DD. Failing to do so at tier 8-10 would mean enormous repair bill. Count yourself lucky that you only face tier 5-6 DD, thats like a paradise to me.

406 posts
6,287 battles

You assumed that all Torpedo spammer players have a 100% hit rate on torpedoes. Dude, its not easy to score a torpedo hit (especially at tier 8-10) since most of the players at that tier are not gonna sail straight for more than a minute. And judging from your preferred tier ship, i can understand why you are ranting about DD torp spams. Minekazes/Kamikazes can spam torps every 30-40 seconds, albeit at max range 7km. If what you are saying about DD being OP, it means that you have been sailing straight for too long/ unaware of being detected from an invisible DD. Failing to do so at tier 8-10 would mean enormous repair bill. Count yourself lucky that you only face tier 5-6 DD, thats like a paradise to me.

Uwotm8?

I assume a 100% hit rate? Please cite where I assert or infer this. a 15 Shimatorp wave doesn't even need to hit in order to be effective - forcing me to turn and then get Citadelled by a Yamato is enough.

DDs have an advantage in that they can attack without exposing themselves to counter-attack. Even cruisers which are meant to hunt DDs are vulnerable and against a mildly competent DD player will not be able to detect the DD. Combine this with the RNG applied to guns when no target it locked gives DDs such a huge advantage that we see them being dominant in high tier games.

And all the guff about my preferred tier of Ship? Lets see - My Iowa is tier 9, Atago, New Orleans, Lo Yang are all tier 8, I have a Cleveland (which is just fun to play), the ARP ships, am currently working up the German CA line and a Warspite.

Me thinks either the source for your information is out of date or your interpretation is wildly skewed.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

And all the guff about my preferred tier of Ship? Lets see - My Iowa is tier 9, Atago, New Orleans, Lo Yang are all tier 8, I have a Cleveland (which is just fun to play), the ARP ships, am currently working up the German CA line and a Warspite.

Me thinks either the source for your information is out of date or your interpretation is wildly skewed.

Without looking at your profile, I'd say Hero was talking more about the average tier you play based on your overall stats. I played mostly T8 over the weekend but my average is still 5.5 because of the copious amount of grinding I used to do...

I could be wrong though and maybe Hero was looking at something else.

Edited by ADM_dude

Sign in to follow this