You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Bonus commander skills

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Hello

I was wondering if there is any chance you could add bonus commander skills into the game?.

Where by completing missions that run for, lets say 2 weeks and you then keep running the missions  every 2-3 months.

You have up to 5 different levels of mission to do, Eg: first level 1 mission you kill 4 ships in any random battle and level 5 mission you kill 4 ships in one battle as a example ok. a bit like we did with project R, so you have lots of mission to do on each level.

Now as you do each mission and grain each level you receive 1 bonus commander point for each level you finish and at the end of the 2 weeks depending on how many levels you do 1-5 that's how many extra commander skill points you get to use on your commanders anyway that you want to.

So if you get all 5 levels of missions done you get 5 commander skill points that you can either use on 1 commander or use 1 skill point on 5 different commanders, its your choice.

Now as in WOT you get a chance to train all the skills that are available in the game, Now I would like to have a chance to do the same thing here in WOWS with being able to gain bonus commander skill points.

What do you guys think ?

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles
At the moment in game you are more or less limited to a total of 18 commander skill points because of required amount of XP you need for 19 points is unbelievable.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

your going to end up with a lot of commanders in the game, so the chances of u getting 1 commander all the skills is going to be very low.

I think it will add to the game and not take anything away from it at all

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Personally I'm not sure about extending the cap.

I quite like the idea that you have to think about the skills and not just grind forever and get them all.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

what may work well with with one tier, may not work as you take your Captain on his journey up the tiers- im thinking of you AFT !

So many skills to get, so little available skill points. Big decisions have to be made.

But having those limited skills available means more diversity among ships, after all, if we all had all the same skills it would be a level playing field once we got to tiers 9 and 10.

And having a level playing field would negate the purpose of achieving the skills. 

Edit,  Ninjaed by DMW!

Edited by AntifoulAwl

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

umm but everyone is going to have the same skills anyways.

if everyone looked at and watched YouTube and reads the forums they going to use the same skills as the good players are using anyways

That's what I have done, by watching YouTube and reading the forums. I'm using the same skills as 80%-90% of players.

After the reset of all commander skills, I watched the YouTube video that was posted on  Worldofwarships  Facebook page as I'm sure 80% of all players have done  and it tells you what best skills to use for each tier 10 ship that is currently in the game.

so it not that hard and thus everyone will be using the same skills at tier 9-10.

with this players will have to pick what commander and what ship and what tier they can improve the commander, which in turn, will mean not everyone will have the same skills as now 90% of tier 9-10 players are  using now.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Or they could just give us an option to buy commander points (seen in a game where you can buy skill points for your character, at a price), but for WOWs, i suggest  each per purchase doubles first price, and so on, making it difficult to purchase commander skill points later on. (Example starting price 200, next purchase, 400, and so on as you purchase concurrently.) Agreed?

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Or they could just give us an option to buy commander points (seen in a game where you can buy skill points for your character, at a price), but for WOWs, i suggest  each per purchase doubles first price, and so on, making it difficult to purchase commander skill points later on. (Example starting price 200, next purchase, 400, and so on as you purchase concurrently.) Agreed?

No, that wont work because then it becomes "pay to win" and no one wants that. Not even WG.

Then players with most money will win and that's not right and unfair for other players and thus players will stop playing then.