Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JollyGood

way too boring

21 comments in this topic

62 posts
1,454 battles

...it's getting really, really BORING

​way too long load times

games way too long

ships take ages to get up to speed

gun reload times way too long

it's supposed to be a GAME but I sit there and walk away from the keyboard before my ship get's anywhere near the action

why not speed it up?  I want to have fun and blow things up not sit there waiting for something to happen! 

cut game lengths, get ships up to speed and cut gun re-loads - make it FUN

580 posts
1,587 battles

​way too long load times
games way too long

it's supposed to be a GAME but I sit there and walk away from the keyboard before my ship get's anywhere near the action

why not speed it up?  I want to have fun and blow things up not sit there waiting for something to happen! 

Try and go play BP or BM or something else in the meantime... Everything is fast there... Not online though but you access to most ships in a short spell...

Edited by Kreigg

415 posts
10,918 battles

what are "BP" and "BM"? ... I'm asking because I too am getting a little bored with WoWs since they nerfed my favourite ships so hard in the last patch ... I'm really glad I didn't shell out for a Warspite now, I don't think I'll be around much longer.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

It sounds like you're better suited to Cawadooty-type games: simple, fast and mindless shooters with 70 clones every year.

Have you seen warships sail in maneuvers? The ocean is a pretty big place. In game, they've already been kind enough to you and changed the distance scaling a bit - if this game used real-world distances, you'd be waiting 45 minutes from the start of the match before you saw your first enemy target on the horizon.

In other words, I don't think your complaints are well thought out. If slow paced naval action isn't the thing for you, there are other genres to play.

Edited by benlisquare

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

what are "BP" and "BM"? ... I'm asking because I too am getting a little bored with WoWs since they nerfed my favourite ships so hard in the last patch ... I'm really glad I didn't shell out for a Warspite now, I don't think I'll be around much longer.

If I'm right they're referring to Battlestations: Pacific and Battlestations: Midway. I still play Pacific a little.

Edited by ADM_dude

280 posts
3,514 battles

why not do something funny? [content removed]

Promoting EULA violations.  Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I also am becoming very bored, I can only stomach 2-3 battles per day, heck thats over an hour on the pc right there.

I used to like dd's the most but now with planes being so powerful, it's simply world of warplanes every time i try to sail my dd, spotted by planes then i either have to run and stay behind the cruisers, who are behind the bbs, or get sunk by focused fire from ships, or even worse AND HAPPENING FAR TOO OFTEN NOW, get sunk by torp planes.

I've got a tier 6 ryujo but honestly I'm not interested in cv's, and the tirpitz 1k dmg, 0k ,1k, 0k 3k, 1k,0k,8k, 1k damage salvos of AP have put me off bb's. If I want to fire HE i'd play cruisers, which I also don't play unless in an event.

SIGh OH SIGH what is a girl to do?.

I've been invited to The Division, I might give it a whirl.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

​way too long load times
games way too long

1. Install SSD and put WoWs client there. Developers did explained that's the real challenge for them. Many files to be loaded into the battles, and one of the solution is invest on fast reading HDD or maybe SSD. Take it from me, I loaded into the battle around 19:30 of the battle time & rarely 18:00. I'm just using ordinary common reading speed of HDD.

2. 20 mins per battle? Before people been asking for longer game time, now it died down (I'm glad though).

3. I thought people want arcade semi-realism naval battle game. If it's too slow for you, try other game. Mobile version of naval battle game is maybe right for you 'coz the gameplay is very casual on smartphone.

4. Same answer as above.

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

OP while some of the sentiments here are close they haven't quite touched on one thing - that separation between two groups at the start of every match allows for strategy. This game has ranked and team based modes remember - it's not just a TDM with quasi-optional king of the hill spots.

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

1. Install SSD and put WoWs client there. Developers did explained that's the real challenge for them. Many files to be loaded into the battles, and one of the solution is invest on fast reading HDD or maybe SSD. Take it from me, I loaded into the battle around 19:30 of the battle time & rarely 18:00. I'm just using ordinary common reading speed of HDD.

2. 20 mins per battle? Before people been asking for longer game time, now it died down (I'm glad though).

3. I thought people want arcade semi-realism naval battle game. If it's too slow for you, try other game. Mobile version of naval battle game is maybe right for you 'coz the gameplay is very casual on smartphone.

4. Same answer as above.

My computer is 4 years old and loads the game sometimes with 50s left on the pre-game countdown. Do you run WOWS on a toaster? Have you tried defragging? Not running too many other programs in the background? RAM usage?

These are questions I used to see back in the mid 2000's when games like crysis came out (because PC gaming still mattered back then) these are not questions I expect to see in 2016 when a pretty decent PC costs $800 and you don't have to replace anything in it for 4 years.

FWIW my pc was nearly top of the line in its day and cost $2700 AU when I bought it. Still runs almost every modern game like a charm though. 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

My computer is 4 years old and loads the game sometimes with 50s left on the pre-game countdown.  Do you run WOWS on a toaster? Have you tried defragging? Not running too many other programs in the background? RAM usage?

FWIW my pc was nearly top of the line in its day and cost $2700 AU when I bought it. Still runs almost every modern game like a charm though. 

No. Yes. Yes, been using msconfig for long time just to kill useless background programs except ran by systems. RAM usage without game client is 27% of the 2GB RAM. I've been doing those if my computer ran like snail or had performance lag.

My computer is 5 years potato US$638/AUS$890 (not including monitor), around this time I mostly play games on medium quality. I probably need SSD or get faster HDD if I want to faster battle loading time.

621 posts
2,289 battles

I use a bloody Macbook with wine wrapper and still load in with 30 sec on the countdown and 40+fps. WoWS is not a poorly optimised game.

​way too long load times
games way too long

It's fun for me. It's fun for a lot of people. It's ships, buddy; 200 meter + steel monsters, with even the Tier Is (Hashidate, Erie, whatever) being at least 5 times heavier than the Maus. 

Reload times:

I'm assuming when you whine about reload speeds being too long you're talking about battleships.

At Tier III, the SoCal and Kawachi use 12-inch 30.5cm guns. Each of those shells weigh almost half a ton (~500kg) and are loaded by hand. If you think you can load a 500 kg shell into a gun in a few seconds then you're welcome to try. As ships go up the tiers the guns get bigger and the shells get heavier till by Tier X the Yamato's 46cm shells weigh a full ton. 30 second reloads are generous.

Ages to get up to speed:

These are warships, not racecars. The smallest is around 100m; the largest at around 270m. Yet many of them in the later tiers manage a decent ~30 knots or more (~50-60 km/h), which is pretty damn impressive given that some of them can go up to 72,000 tonnes (72,000,000 kg).

Games are way too long:

You sure? Many of my games are 10 minutes or under, which is fairly average for an MMO. Define your idea of a good match time. If you can't hold attention for more than 3 minutes (Which is definitely enough for first contact unless you're doing something horribly, horribly wrong) then you might want to go for a checkup.

TL;DR 

WoWS is a perfectly fine game. If you're expecting 365mm guns to have the same reload time of a 7.62mm machine gun then you might want to check your maths.

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

No. Yes. Yes, been using msconfig for long time just to kill useless background programs except ran by systems. RAM usage without game client is 27% of the 2GB RAM. I've been doing those if my computer ran like snail or had performance lag.

My computer is 5 years potato US$638/AUS$890 (not including monitor), around this time I mostly play games on medium quality. I probably need SSD or get faster HDD if I want to faster battle loading time.

You really need like 8gb of ram these days for a modern operating system. Also don't forget that your video card GRAM matters too as all the ingame assets get loaded in there as well. I think some assets are held in memory between matches because if I play the same map twice in quick succession I can load in within like 3 seconds. For reference I use a standard HDD with copper disks not an SSD
Edited by Seabad

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

You really need like 8gb of ram these days for a modern operating system. Also don't forget that your video card GRAM matters too as all the ingame assets get loaded in there as well. I think some assets are held in memory between matches because if I play the same map twice in quick succession I can load in within like 3 seconds. For reference I use a standard HDD with copper disks not an SSD

the system caches the data the more you play (to a point of course) allowing for faster load times. More noticeable when you constantly play the same ship/map.

62 posts
1,454 battles

I think they should consider 15 min games and ships getting up to speed faster as I just think it would add to the game (which i enjoy) I just think it's too slow

52 posts

i dont see anything wrong in the game.. yeah and 20 minutes battle is cooler but what makes it too long is some destroyer left overs hide for very long time!!

i hate this ships when they play hide and seek

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

I think they should consider 15 min games and ships getting up to speed faster as I just think it would add to the game (which i enjoy) I just think it's too slow

i dont see anything wrong in the game.. yeah and 20 minutes battle is cooler but what makes it too long is some destroyer left overs hide for very long time!!

i hate this ships when they play hide and seek

This is why the ocean map is so valuable for game balance. I really enjoy playing ocean in my Gnevny because the extra demands on the average player gets them killed too easily. I've played very successfully on Ocean with nearly every ship I've ever been in (on that map). No hiding, no island lobbing, actually needing DD to stick with the group or be singled out and killed. Lots and lots of reasons why Ocean is the best map for skilled players.

As far as forcing people to move and not just camp islands well there's only 2 conceivable ways of doing that... one is tougher torb bombers for CV and the other is submarines (which are never ever coming).

Having played SO a bit lately I can truly appreciate the power of even a single submarine for breaking up battleships and forcing them in to firing lanes for smaller ships.

108 posts
467 battles

If the game is taking too long because of some destroyers hiding, then I propose there should be no land forms, lol. Though I personally think, that the dynamics of the game will die and it will look very gloomy might I say. It would hurt our eyes just to see only water and the color blue. Hooorrraaayyy for Land forms! 

Sign in to follow this