Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Davidious

Firing Range chosen V shots actually fired !

12 comments in this topic

75 posts
3,402 battles

Hi all.

I have had this happen a few times recently.

I would be aiming at a ship say 15 km's away ( and reading the ships range in the gun aim  view screen)

Perfectly set up..... FIRE...... WTF !!!!!

Guns fire at the chosen bearing/lead etc however.... the shells decide to land at the RANGE of the other ship that was also in the zoomed view screen.  well short of the chosen range. .... and I am talking about a 5 to 10 km difference.

Is this a known issue  -or am I truly blessed.?

David aka Davidious

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Do you have the correct ship locked on? e.g the white circle around the ship's symbol?
Sometimes the targeter would sometimes change to a closer ship(to the crosshair) if you're leading way ahead of your intended target after a while since it thinks that you want to target that ship now. 
Pressing X on your intended target again will reacquire the lock.

'

75 posts
3,402 battles

you had the other ship targetted, not the ship you wanted to fire at.

NO - no targeting etc I just look thru the zoom screen , aim, lead and fire.

By targetted -what did you mean?.

75 posts
3,402 battles

Do you have the correct ship locked on? e.g the white circle around the ship's symbol?

Sometimes the targeter would sometimes change to a closer ship(to the crosshair) if you're leading way ahead of your intended target after a while since it thinks that you want to target that ship now. 

Pressing X on your intended target again will reacquire the lock.

'

targeter.... X... acquired lock... did I miss a VERY important lesson ?

If this was a gun game - I look thru the scope, concentrate on the target, shoot.

Cross hairs in the middle..... horizontal lines left and right of the crosshair to help judge lead  5 and 10 km seconds segments simple I thought

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

the X key locks you on the target ship with in your crosshairs

if u have 2 or more ships on your screen you will need to press the X key to lock on to the target you want to shoot at.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

When you have target lock, the game automatically dials in the range for you. So any vertical cursor movement will translate to minor adjustments to the range that was set for the target. So if you have target lock on a closer target and tried to shoot at a different target that's further away, the shells will land short. Make sure the crosshair icon is above the ship that you want to shoot at, press X while your cursor is on the target to lock to the target.

75 posts
3,402 battles

Guys  - thank you all. I wear glasses which can reduce the bigger picture. I never noticed the white circle before and the auto aim etc.

Be careful - I may become a marksman lol

Seriously -thank you.

Time to watch Madam Secretary -back in 1 hour.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Guys  - thank you all. I wear glasses which can reduce the bigger picture. I never noticed the white circle before and the auto aim etc.

Seriously -thank you.

Madam Secretary...Tea Leoni:popcorn:

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Seriously -thank you.

you can not notice the circle then you can notice if it lock on your target or not by see if your aim following the ship .. if you lock to the ship in binoc view (zoom in) it auto following the ship and it will have sound effect like "pff" or something when they start locking the ship

Sign in to follow this