You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ninajim

Military/Previous Military Experience

26 comments in this topic

101 posts
1,247 battles

Military Experiences!

Who here has been part of their country's Military? Air Force, Defense Force and Naval Force all apply!
As for myself, I do not /really/ have much experience in military life at all. Because of my age,
I'm currently doing Australian Air Force Cadets
, since my future job (Air Battle Management Branch/ Strategics) could benefit from the weekly activities. I've been to HMAS Cerberus as part of a tour, and a few of the facilities there are interesting enough for me to get into Naval activity. How does one like yourself fare with your military understandings/occupations? And does this influence your connection with the WG franchise?

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I can no longer play World of Tanks because it feels too much like simulator training.

Weep Weep, Treffer, Turm.

Weep Weep, Treffer, Turm, Stab aus.

Weep Weep, Treffer, Wanne.

Weep Weep, Treffer Turm, Notbetrieb.

T-72s and T-80s are easy targets, so are BMPs and other IFVs, but the damn bloody infantry...

Also "funny" people that add air strikes, mine fields or CAS because "It looked like you needed a challenge...".

621 posts
2,271 battles

Our simulators were balls to the wall insane.

On a scale of pre-rebalance scout MM A-20 in tier 8 to top tier O-I with derp gun, how insane?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Weep Weep, Treffer, Turm.

Weep Weep, Treffer, Turm, Stab aus.

Weep Weep, Treffer, Wanne.

Weep Weep, Treffer Turm, Notbetrieb.

T-72s and T-80s are easy targets, so are BMPs and other IFVs, but the damn bloody infantry...

Also "funny" people that add air strikes, mine fields or CAS because "It looked like you needed a challenge...".

Spent a day skeet shooting apaches. Realized that one bullet from the coax would kill it. Ended up crashing the system because someone spawned 100 apaches...

280 posts
3,514 battles

U W.O.T m8?

i feel real when i shoot down apache and other helicopters using tanks in battlefield 4... and lol russians have the german mouse tank?

well that's dope..       grabe sya !!!

Edited by Vorshlaghammer666

101 posts
1,247 battles

Spent a day skeet shooting apaches. Realized that one bullet from the coax would kill it. Ended up crashing the system because someone spawned 100 apaches...

With one well placed kick to the neck, Chuck Norris can turn any fruit into a vegetable.

1 well placed shot is all it takes to ruin somebody's day.

406 posts
6,287 battles

U W.O.T m8?

i feel real when i shoot down apache and other helicopters using tanks in battlefield 4... and lol russians have the german mouse tank?

well that's dope..       grabe sya !!!

There was no Apache in BF4, there was a Bell Viper, but no Apaches....

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Group simulator ftw.

If one tank grabs all the kills a random "friendly fire accident" occurs.

And there isn't a teamkill penalty like in WoT, which is a giant plus. :P

Our helicopter AI was pretty bad though, they would always fly around right in front of you playing main cannon target,

when in real life the first thing a tank crew would ever notice during an heli attack would be heaven's gates opening up... if you believe in such things.

Well, atleast they told us on day one...

Instructor: "Welcome to the tank troops, our tanks are the best, our training is the best and we have the experience.

Now let me tell you all the things that can kill a tank."

And then he goes down a never ending list of things that can destroy a tank with nice pictures with examples in the background.

To date my favourite one is the artillery ammunition that fires off an intelligent weapons system on a parachute, capable of identifying threats

and removing them from existance.

101 posts
1,247 battles

To date my favourite one is the artillery ammunition that fires off an intelligent weapons system on a parachute, capable of identifying threats

That my friend, is called the atomic bomb :)

280 posts
3,514 battles

There was no Apache in BF4, there was a Bell Viper, but no Apaches....

i thought ah-1z is apache !! lol i forgot that its viper or cobra energy drink
Edited by Vorshlaghammer666

621 posts
2,271 battles

Is it that round which parachutes over the target and guides a munition through the thin turret roof?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Group simulator ftw.

If one tank grabs all the kills a random "friendly fire accident" occurs.

And there isn't a teamkill penalty like in WoT, which is a giant plus. :P

Our helicopter AI was pretty bad though, they would always fly around right in front of you playing main cannon target,

when in real life the first thing a tank crew would ever notice during an heli attack would be heaven's gates opening up... if you believe in such things.

Well, atleast they told us on day one...

Instructor: "Welcome to the tank troops, our tanks are the best, our training is the best and we have the experience.

Now let me tell you all the things that can kill a tank."

And then he goes down a never ending list of things that can destroy a tank with nice pictures with examples in the background.

Number one thing that kills the tank.

*Holds up mirror*

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Is it that round which parachutes over the target and guides a munition through the thin turret roof?

Yeap, it's great.

Current ones are capable of launching projectiles at several targets, and can theoretically take out entire tank battalions and all that with a single button press.

Of course whatever artillery crew launched the round will never really get to celebrate, since modern artillery systems will instantly counter-fire and obliterate

the entire artillery battery, but you know?

War is the worst ("the worst" may or may not have been used here to avoid being hammered for the use of a swearword), but the sound is awesome...

52 posts

War is Science of Destruction           Do You Fear Death?

(Albert Einstein)                         (Capt.Davy Jones)

Edited by Hiroyoshi_Andersen

61 posts
2,625 battles

i was in german navy for 8 years (Corvette, DD)

Edit:  didn´t know relatives count too :)

My father in law was on Gunny on U513 (Cdr. Guggenheimer) - they sunk HMS Ark Royal

Edited by BBcaptain008

61 posts
2,625 battles

Yet you are a BB captain ;)

Yep -

had the privilege to see the IOWA (after conversion) in the Baltic Sea 1985 - geez tell U - synchronous broadside with all 3 Turrets off 90 Starboard -

I M P R E S S I V E ! :honoring:  The whole ship listed just 5- 10° portside - but was pushed by recoil more than 50m to port

- the muzzle-flash (we looked from astern) had nearly 6 times the square area of the ship´s silhouette :popcorn:

And seriously, were that cannisters hit, U don´t wanna be - beach was dug up 5 m deep in an area of 400 x 75 m

180px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.j

Nevertheless in game I play DDs & BBs nearly 50/50, CL/CA sporadically and CV i only sink

Edited by BBcaptain008