Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S4pp3R

BB OP?

36 comments in this topic

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

a0uFcxp.jpgK3Ntggz.jpgsa1Fvlr.jpgyo5f64u.jpgoxgh9C5.jpgjrQKB8s.jpgJbPSZ0z.png

I'm not saying this as a CA/DD player or a BB player, I'm saying this because my stats say it must be so...

So see spoiler, Kong I'm absolutely killing it and trust me I'm no standout player... Myogi I'm still well above average...

DD/CV been overnerfed methinks?

Edit: Fixed images

Edited by S4pp3R

460 posts
8,276 battles

I'd say you probably are a stand out player, with the kongo and myogi at the very least.

The Kongo is a very good ship, but I wouldn't say she's OP. There are plenty of circumtstances where she can be sunk quickly. I sometimes do as well as those battles, but my average is no where near that high.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Especially your Tirpitz :trollface:

Actually i got a lot of derp moments on my Tirpitz because i drive it like a DD, who needs gun when you have torpedus  :D

I got an amazing 32% survival rate on it though lol

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

Or maybe you have been having a good sreak of being MM'ed with good team mates and/or "weak" opposing teams.....

I'd like to think so and if it was like 10 matches, legit. But the correlation between my survival and winning and also the 30-odd games inclines me to believe otherwise (I hope!)

Any ship can be OP if there's a competent captain driving it :)

Yeah I'm a firm believer in this, however I always hesitate to say I'm good with a ship.

I'd say you probably are a stand out player, with the kongo and myogi at the very least.

The Kongo is a very good ship, but I wouldn't say she's OP. There are plenty of circumtstances where she can be sunk quickly. I sometimes do as well as those battles, but my average is no where near that high.

You flatter me mate, one hopes so but one is also careful as said ship could be OP.

Overall I'm hoping my heavy play of CA/DDs has helped me identify BB weaknesses and strengths and exploit them. Thus I'm willing to say - CV/DD have been nerfed too far. As if I can be great with BBs, anyone can.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Actually i got a lot of derp moments on my Tirpitz because i drive it like a DD, who needs gun when you have torpedus  :D

I got an amazing 32% survival rate on it though lol

Thats why Tirpitz is really fun ship to play :D:D:D

Who need AP when you gun reloaded in 20s ? HE Yamato to deaddddd burnnnnn !!!!!

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,759 battles

As someone who plays mostly destroyers, I'd like to say that BB's are OP.  They really aren't though.  They have their strengths and weaknesses like any other class - play to their strengths and work to minimise their weaknesses and you'll do well.

In general the classes are reasonably well balanced.  Probably the most pressing balance issue between classes is high tier cruisers are too vulnerable to battleship AP at tiers 8-10, which makes for a horrible meta at those tiers where the cruisers are too afraid to push (understandably) and so everyone just hangs back lobbing shells at max range.  Ugh.  The Yamato is too good for it's tier as well which exacerbates the problem.

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

The Kongo is a beast:

For her Tier she has Excellent speed, range AND accuracy - played right, she can do very very well- what is your Win rate with US BBs?

I only play IJN

As someone who plays mostly destroyers, I'd like to say that BB's are OP.  They really aren't though.  They have their strengths and weaknesses like any other class - play to their strengths and work to minimise their weaknesses and you'll do well.

In general the classes are reasonably well balanced.  Probably the most pressing balance issue between classes is high tier cruisers are too vulnerable to battleship AP at tiers 8-10, which makes for a horrible meta at those tiers where the cruisers are too afraid to push (understandably) and so everyone just hangs back lobbing shells at max range.  Ugh.  The Yamato is too good for it's tier as well which exacerbates the problem.

I agree, I also think CVs/DDs have been nerf batted too much.

EDIT: Misread a quote, fixed response

Edited by S4pp3R

451 posts
6,946 battles

Here i am complaining about multiple fires set by a single cruiser salvo...

Bb op? Aside from yammy the only op one is probably fuso but eh not gonna complain

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

I always think good team result good stats. Like how you gonna do good performance if all you could do was evading shells & torps from any directions, because your team already gone.

Edited by MissMeMiss

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

Doing 100k damage is deserving to get in the top 3 exp earner in the team.

Not OP, you're just good.

Only in a couple of ships and only sometimes... :child:

Beta Tester
29 posts
431 battles

BB is just gamble, if you have a good co ordinated team you will rock, if you don't you will just realize its too late to do anything, untill you will be alone in front of most of enemy team, every one putting what ever they got on you, so BB is as good as its team, while dd and cv forgive mistake and if played right can do more dmg then bb, end of day BB re not op, its DD thats op in hand of skilled player, coz A skilled DD playing hide and seek with enemy, and knowing when to torp and when to run, can win if 4 vs 1 then a BB in 4vs1.

[KGHSF]
3,203 posts
6,030 battles

Tirpitz is great trolling armor when I use NC with AP shell on port side but nothing penetrate 

And I luckily shoot at starboard I hit her citadel just like T-Cross.

Edited by THAI_THIEF

46 posts
3,123 battles

just wait until radars come out for high tier CAs, then it will be the end of american DDs

but why? why killing USN DD

if the radar comes out like the leak said. indeed hunting DD gonna be more easy,

pop the consumable and all 10km radius will be visible.

1. IJN DD will never get into that close anyway. they have 15-20km torp for the sake of the god

2. USSR DD, 10km? they have death wish or something? big body dimension just make them easy target in 10km. who in the hell wants to shoot new orleans at 10km anyway

thats leave us with USN DD. i only play till Mahan, so i dont really know how is the play style of high tier USN DD. will they need to up close to 10km?

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

but why? why killing USN DD

if the radar comes out like the leak said. indeed hunting DD gonna be more easy,

pop the consumable and all 10km radius will be visible.

1. IJN DD will never get into that close anyway. they have 15-20km torp for the sake of the god

2. USSR DD, 10km? they have death wish or something? big body dimension just make them easy target in 10km. who in the hell wants to shoot new orleans at 10km anyway

thats leave us with USN DD. i only play till Mahan, so i dont really know how is the play style of high tier USN DD. will they need to up close to 10km?

US DDs needs to get closer than 10 km so their sub orbital catapult guns can hit something, also most high tier US DDs have roughly 10 km torps

Basically the new radar makes US DDs <10km useless for ~30 sec

Which is probably the reason why so many of its player cry a river when radar was announced..

But i do support the new radar, about time US CAs can have a proper role on high tier games and a proper counter against DD infested high tier match..

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles

yeah, only high iter USN DD that's gonna survive after radars come out is gearing, with it's 15km torps, and those 533 torps suck. \

(saying this as one of the USN DD players that's crying a river now(

Sign in to follow this