Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AsliWongJowo

[CV] Total Damage

22 comments in this topic

46 posts
3,123 battles

With new AA overhaul and some minor CV change.

How much average damage you guys can get in your CV in patch 0.5.3?

CV:___________________

Torpedo:_______________

Bomb:_________________

Fire:___________________

Flood:__________________

Secondary (maybe):_______

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

Three D's

Don't know

Don't care

Don't play them.

BB's on the other hand........

Edited by EvacuateBowel

406 posts
6,287 battles

I've got the Iowa kitted out with the Manual AA selection - and in one match I was melting planes - something like 30+ plane kills.

Was Epic.

Can't wait to unlock the Manual Secondaries skill - Come closer DDs, I've got a surprise for youuuuuu

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,764 battles

Three D's

Don't know

Don't care

Don't play them.

BB's on the other hand........

If you can give zero input to the thread, then what about a fourth D:

Don't reply.

As for me, I found in my 1/1/1 Indy I was getting 60% torps, 5% flooding, 15% bomb damage,  20% fires on average. 

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

CV: Independence and Hiryu

I don't remember the exact number, but I feel like I'm landing torpedo hits more often. Mainly because of Torpedo Acceleration.

Dive bombers don't feel too different. In fact, torpedoes aside, I feel nothing has changed for CVs.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

CV SHokaku 222 (nothing changed, IJN became OP when they made its torps converged)
Torpedo 60k+
Bomb 12k+
Fire 8k-50k
Flood 2k-30k

CV Midway 113 (varies a lot depending on the enemy, if your enemy is 422 haku -50%; if haku 233 and knows how to play, you are dead within 6 minutes; if midway 212 -40%, if midway 013 -60% )
Torpedo 30k+

Bomb 60k+

Fire 30k+
Flood 0-10k

Affter 5 games it was time for my midway to rust in the port. For any new aspiring CV captain, just go to IJN line overall more skill engaging and fun and more useful. They turned USN high tier CVs into a low potential, low skill, mindless auto dropping ships.

Edited by Deicide

87 posts
2,742 battles

CV SHokaku 222 (nothing changed, IJN became OP when they made its torps converged)

Torpedo 60k+

Bomb 12k+

Fire 8k-50k

Flood 2k-30k

CV Midway 113 (varies a lot depending on the enemy, if your enemy is 422 haku -50%; if haku 233 and knows how to play, you are dead within 6 minutes; if midway 212 -40%, if midway 013 -60% )

Torpedo 30k+

Bomb 60k+

Fire 30k+

Flood 0-10k

Affter 5 games it was time for my midway to rust in the port. For any new aspiring CV captain, just go to IJN line overall more skill engaging and fun and more useful. They turned USN high tier CVs into a low potential, low skill, mindless auto dropping ships.

mine is same.

and now best target for midway is enemy CV.

even go far or lost many planes but most worth.

if VS hakuryu we must  target hakuryu only because super fast servicetime of hakuryu. (my 2nd service time just finish while haku's 3th strike is ready)

this patch not only nerf T8-10 USN CV but also buff all tier IJN CV (by commander skill, T9-10  IJN CV  get more benefit)

I can't call this balance. it should be call bias.

Edited by rattananen

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

mine is same.

and now best target for midway is enemy CV.

even go far or lost many planes but most worth.

if VS hakuryu we must  target hakuryu only because super fast servicetime of hakuryu. (my 2nd service time just finish while haku's 3th strike is ready)

this patch not only nerf T8-10 USN CV but also buff all tier IJN CV (by commander skill, T9-10  IJN CV  get more benefit)

I can't call this balance. it should be call bias.

Dude, if you were paying attention to ranger/lexington strike squad, you would have changed your mind. They can just nuke you with their 3 dive bombers (even with fighters its not gonna make any difference, i had like 1/4 hp left after the attack on my shokaku. Its pretty challenging at that tier tbh.

87 posts
2,742 battles

Dude, if you were paying attention to ranger/lexington strike squad, you would have changed your mind. They can just nuke you with their 3 dive bombers (even with fighters its not gonna make any difference, i had like 1/4 hp left after the attack on my shokaku. Its pretty challenging at that tier tbh.

I already test new DB in my midway. and it's suck . I did zero damage with full 7 planes to BB (has penalty form BB fighter). it really depend on lucky

and 2 TB squad better than 3 DB so much. i can remove stupid full hp T8 BB from the game immediately with 2 TB squad but 3 DB i cann't

Edited by rattananen

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Getting about 20k less damage than average. 75-90k pre-patch and now it's 50-70k post-patch. I can't attack Lexingtons due its AA, NoCars delete both TB squads. Also with the strafe nerf, its now 3x damage and 3/5 ammo. Can't destroy 6 Lexington dive-bombers (4/6 destroyed) with perfect strafe and the 2 squads of fighters can't kill a squad of DBs without running out of ammo. This is all on Shoukaku btw. Also hey HeroOfWind : )

87 posts
2,742 battles

and saw something screw the game in new patch

I call "super OP division"

just create division contain

T10 CV and full AAAA build Des Moines.

Des Moines, T10 CV just sit don't need to move because no CV can break full AAAA des Moine  and let CV snipe enemy CV until dead.

winrate for this formation 90%  easy win

Edited by rattananen

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Getting about 20k less damage than average. 75-90k pre-patch and now it's 50-70k post-patch. I can't attack Lexingtons due its AA, NoCars delete both TB squads. Also with the strafe nerf, its now 3x damage and 3/5 ammo. Can't destroy 6 Lexington dive-bombers (4/6 destroyed) with perfect strafe and the 2 squads of fighters can't kill a squad of DBs without running out of ammo. This is all on Shoukaku btw. Also hey HeroOfWind : )

Agreed. Like, the US fighters are strong enough to survive a strafe attack from IJN fighters (i did a perfect strafe on 2 US fighters squad. guess what, only 1 plane shot down. really??) And even if you tried to strafe the bombers, you're gonna run out of ammo after they just fireballed you from full hp to 1/4 hp. They removed the 2 torp squad module at higher tier because 3 DB (or even 2 in some cases) is already sufficiently balanced (granted, only at manual drop) cause the damage output from those 1k pound bomb is serious enough + 10k damage from their torps alone. Oh, and did i mention that all IJN CV armaments (bombs and torps) are the same damage all the way to tier 10, you get no upgrades from it regardless of tier, just more squad to control (except for hiryu and shokaku, same squad setup). And controlling multiple squads is hard compared to a few squadrons of 6 planes from US CV's... (PS: hey there lunatic, add up? :honoring:)

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Des Moines, T10 CV just sit don't need to move because no CV can break full AAAA des Moine  and let CV snipe enemy CV until dead.

Provided the team does not melt

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

did u mean 90% chance to lose because your cv doesn't do damage to other surface ships, doesn't try to spot destroyers, and you have -1 DM in the field which ultimately led to your team get outnumbered and rekted? 

Super Tester
509 posts

0/1/3 Lexington averages about 85K a battle spread pretty evenly between fires and bombs and flooding sometimes but mostly fire. Also manual drop bombs when possible! Cant always be done easily so then I just let RNG do its thing.

Edited by Vyviel

87 posts
2,742 battles

did u mean 90% chance to lose because your cv doesn't do damage to other surface ships, doesn't try to spot destroyers, and you have -1 DM in the field which ultimately led to your team get outnumbered and rekted? 

i was think same as you before this patch but now i change my mind.

reason:

- T10 AA stronger so much harder to attack group of ship

- T10 CV still  easiest target because high turn radius and get *2 damage for fire make it easiest ship to sunk in one strike

- shit random team: i alway request AA at start game but my request is often ignore by teammate

- then CVs are alone often

- all fighter both air superiority T10 CVs can't stop strike loadout in this patch because fighter barrage nerf

- when CV was attacked. CV can't concentrate to attack enemy too. and CV can disable by set fire.

- now midway is best for set fire

- lead a team all DD can do this role better

- reduce 1 Des Moines better than -1 T10 CV

- i was fight with this formation. they attack only me while i can't fight back and can't concentrate to attack other ship. so lonely ,i request AA many time but no response from team. no idea, no hope in that time.

- and what happen when CV T9-10 dead early u can try by yourself.

Edited by rattananen

[WOWMB]
Beta Tester
12 posts
2,902 battles

hi im kinda new to cv

any tips playing ryujo?

like using the strike pack or fighter ones?

87 posts
2,742 battles

hi im kinda new to cv

any tips playing ryujo?

strike loadout can help team more than fighter loadout if you know how to avoid enemy  fighter.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

the problem with relying on your dive bombers in USN CVs is RNG. RNG RNG RNG RNG. AS IF THIS GAME DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH RNG NOW EVEN CVs.

When a ship is already heavily damaged by HE and doesn't repair, your HE bombs wont do any damage just fire. 50% of my perfect manual dive bomber hits registered NO HIT.

People have repeatedly told this company "RNG IS RUINING YOUR GAME" and then they come and add some more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your purpose in shokaku is to deal as much damage as possible before a lexy destroys your ship or detroys all of your plane. Tier 8 is the only tier where USN CV rises a little bit above the IJN(it's OP AA means shokaku cannot hope to snipe it). Taiho and Hakuryu on the other hand wins hand down even before this patch, now even more. It does require more micro control skill. That's why I also said that they turned USN CV line into the "DUMB" CV tech.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi im kinda new to cv

any tips playing ryujo?

Use 311 and own the skies. Take care of your torpedo and dive bombers and attack only the ships with weak AA specially if you are in tier 8 matches.

Edited by Deicide

Sign in to follow this