You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Krieg

I'd Like To Commend The Developers On the "New" MM

16 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Working as intended..... :sceptic:

shot-16.02.21_18.48.42-0553.jpg

My Team: Two tier X DD and all the rest tier 8

Enemy Team: Tier X BB, 2 Tier X CA and one Tier X DD. All the rest tier 8.

Oh, BTW, just to kick a captain when he's down, two Tirpitz on my team as well.

I didn't do it as it would be a [redacted] move, but I was VERY tempted to just quit and go back to port and spend my limited playing time on a more productive game. We lost, BADLY. I survived along with  a DD. Actually, I didn't get too bad of a score. That's why this post is so positively written. :trollface: 

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

and as stated - MM will form a team of what it has if there are no other ships to match weight. High tiers are not that populated yet, they are getting there though.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

and as stated - MM will form a team of what it has if there are no other ships to match weight. High tiers are not that populated yet, they are getting there though.

I know that mate.  :honoring:

However, with 6 tier X and all the rest tier 8, MM "should" have split the tier X three to each side.........

580 posts
1,587 battles

Maybe if WG could take it down a notch with the repair bills maybe we might see a drastic increase in higher tier players... maybe ease the bills of High Tiers only by 10%? or maybe 5% if the former is too much...

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Maybe if WG could take it down a notch with the repair bills maybe we might see a drastic increase in higher tier players... maybe ease the bills of High Tiers only by 10%? or maybe 5% if the former is too much...

I agree with you. That would be a good  idea.

However, I'd be happy just to see fair & balanced (OMG, I just quoted FOX News...) MM.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Working as intended..... :sceptic:

shot-16.02.21_18.48.42-0553.jpg

My Team: Two tier X DD and all the rest tier 8

Enemy Team: Tier X BB, 2 Tier X CA and one Tier X DD. All the rest tier 8.

Oh, BTW, just to kick a captain when he's down, two Tirpitz on my team as well.

I didn't do it as it would be a [redacted] move, but I was VERY tempted to just quit and go back to port and spend my limited playing time on a more productive game. We lost, BADLY. I survived along with  a DD. Actually, I didn't get too bad of a score. That's why this post is so positively written. :trollface: 

Agreed. The MM is taking its toll despite having 9k players online..... (legit outperformed by everyone, including CA's)

shot-16.02.21_21.10.10-0951_zpsthynqyha.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Gotten several games where it was 2 izumo me in my amagi vs 3 yammy. The rest of the classes were balanced.

Edited by Kleiss

683 posts
7,345 battles

I second this idea. Don't think anyone with standard account can withstand the repair bill of tier ten ( occasionally tier 9) even performing above average in battles.  With premium account, it helps to certain extend but don't think it's enough.

Yes, populating other tiers is necessary, but at this rate it is compromising high tier battles. Cutting down repair costs would benefit both all players, no matter with standard or premium account. (Initially thought of things like permanent camo which provides extra credits etc but that would shut out those potential good players who financially not very sound.)

Or maybe increase tier x ships credit ratio?

580 posts
1,587 battles

I agree with you. That would be a good  idea.

However, I'd be happy just to see fair & balanced (OMG, I just quoted FOX News...) MM.

I second this idea. Don't think anyone with standard account can withstand the repair bill of tier ten ( occasionally tier 9) even performing above average in battles.  With premium account, it helps to certain extend but don't think it's enough.

Yes, populating other tiers is necessary, but at this rate it is compromising high tier battles. Cutting down repair costs would benefit both all players, no matter with standard or premium account. (Initially thought of things like permanent camo which provides extra credits etc but that would shut out those potential good players who financially not very sound.)

Or maybe increase tier x ships credit ratio?

My point exactly... I can see WGs noble idea to populate tiers from my bracket but it's putting undue pressure on MM at the higher tiers that its giving out half-baked matches leading to even more unsatisfactory play... I mean how many of us here keep to our lower tier ships to pay for the repair bill of our high tier ships? raise your hands...

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,123 battles

Doesn't matter, not much people wants to play high tier cuz of all the turtle players, only hiding behind to save their repair costs.

Many of us do have Tier X's but we rarely play them because the repair costs are so high even for premium players. My Yamato does look nice floating in the port when I occasionally look at it. ;)

683 posts
7,345 battles

My point exactly... I can see WGs noble idea to populate tiers from my bracket but it's putting undue pressure on MM at the higher tiers that its giving out half-baked matches leading to even more unsatisfactory play... I mean how many of us here keep to our lower tier ships to pay for the repair bill of our high tier ships? raise your hands...

Maybe another way round is, why not letting players with high tiers ships to have an bit of extra credits when playing lower tiers, a fixed ratio maybe? 

Frankly I don't really have a low to mid tier ship that I really wanted to go back and play after I reach my targeted tier x ship for now (except for the one I wanna prepare it for team battles) My play time kind of limited and I wished to spend them on the ship I liked most. But to keep low/mid tiers occupied, then fair enough, but not to the extend of compromising high tier match making. (You can quickly guess the most likely outcome when your team is out gunned, Yamato, or out torped, Shimakaze :P )

575 posts
5,354 battles

Maybe another way round is, why not letting players with high tiers ships to have an bit of extra credits when playing lower tiers, a fixed ratio maybe? 

Frankly I don't really have a low to mid tier ship that I really wanted to go back and play after I reach my targeted tier x ship for now (except for the one I wanna prepare it for team battles) My play time kind of limited and I wished to spend them on the ship I liked most. But to keep low/mid tiers occupied, then fair enough, but not to the extend of compromising high tier match making. (You can quickly guess the most likely outcome when your team is out gunned, Yamato, or out torped, Shimakaze :P )

They do give us extra credits and XP. We have to buy their premium ships to grind with so we can have that which you just suggested. This is exactly what they will tell you. Grind out on a premium. It is and shall always be their business model.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

In public test servers, even the tier 10s hang at the back.

Even tho theres no repair cost.

753 posts
8,965 battles

It should be a +/- 1 tier MM across the any level regardless of players on line, I rarely venture past tier 5 atm mainly for this reason and as others have said repair costs are an issue which is why you also encounter the coward factor because most players want to at least deal SOME damage before they are one shot salvo killed by some player they could not even see and is 2 tiers above them.

If it was a relatively fair match then I may have a chance to deal some damage thus earning credits that may cover the cost of my repair at the least.

I would not mind at all for a longer queue time or even less players per match if it meant for a more balanced and fairer match.

Also the balance of DD's needs to fixed as in when one side has 3 while the other has 1, this can mean the difference between and win or a loss especially when you get one of those maps with 3 cap zones.

However all these issues have been raised countless times by numerous players and myself which always get the same response as to why it is this way regardless of those countless and numerous requests for a fairer playing field from those playing the game. 

Edit. Another thing for balance is to stop putting 2 divisions on the one team while the other team has none, this can also affect the balance of the match plus I rarely see a division do well in regards to the team objective as it seems that they are to busy looking after their own.

Edited by Trojan63