Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
General_Pita

BB & CC disappearing

19 comments in this topic

27 posts
2,983 battles

Explain this to me... A bb and a cc (Yamato and De Moines) appear out of nowhere 8-10k away from me(Mogami) in the open..De Moines kills me in two salvos and then both disappear until only the De Moines re appears 12k away? Game Over....How are you supposed to fight that?

Edited by mickg

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

Minor correction, but its CA for heavy cruisers like the Des Moines

Also higher tier ships tend to have excellent camo ratings compared to mid tier ships thanks to:

• Camo equipment that can be mounted from tier 8 onwards (-10% detection)
  • Camo skills on captains (tier 5  commander camo skill) (-12% dectection)
  • Camo Paint (-3%)
  • Skilled use of terrain and smoke by experienced players
  • combined (-25%), with the Des Moines having a 13.9 km surface detection range (13.9 x 0.75 = 10.42km, so its possible that the Des Moines can sneak up on you like that if I'm calculating correctly)

My advice, don't rush to tier 10, I've got about 2k battles and my highest is tier 8. High tier battles are a credit drain and require more skill than any other type of gameplay - if you're here for fun like me, keep to mid tiers for a while to hone those skills.

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

Minor correction, but its CA for heavy cruisers like the Des Moines

Also higher tier ships tend to have excellent camo ratings compared to mid tier ships thanks to:

• Camo equipment that can be mounted from tier 8 onwards
  • Camo skills on captains (tier 5  commander camo skill)
  • Camo Paint
  • Skilled use of terrain and smoke by experienced players

My advice, don't rush to tier 10, I've got about 2k battles and my highest is tier 8. High tier battles are a credit drain and require more skill than any other type of gameplay - if you're here for fun like me, keep to mid tiers for a while to hone those skills.

How would you explain the Yamato 10 km away? I believe no one would ever waste 4 skill points for concealment on a tier X battleship. 

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

How would you explain the Yamato 10 km away? I believe no one would ever waste 4 skill points for concealment on a tier X battleship. 

Theoretically, with my above calculation, a combined 25% reduction on detection on a Yamato with 18km surface detection is 13.5 km, which is kinda near 10km mark, maybe OP had the wrong numbers?
Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

Theoretically, with my above calculation, a combined 25% reduction on detection on a Yamato with 18km surface detection is 13.5 km, which is kinda near 12km mark, maybe OP had the wrong numbers?

I still don't believe anyone would waste 5 skill points for concealment on a tier X battleship.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

I still don't believe anyone would waste 5 skill points for concealment on a tier X battleship.

I wouldn't myself either lol, but who knows, I did recall someone (iChase?) saying its possible to have Camo skills maxed out on a Montana to make it even remotely have a chance against a Yamato by sneaking up and broadsiding it.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

what's the bet that someone, somewhere has air supremacy on their BB?

Captain Joe definitely has it.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

We are obviously not playing with the same server population...... :trollface:

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Explain this to me... A bb and a cc (Yamato and De Moines) appear out of nowhere 8-10k away from me(Mogami) in the open..De Moines kills me in two salvos and then both disappear until only the De Moines re appears 12k away? Game Over....How are you supposed to fight that?

Romulan Cloaking Device.......nuf said. :sceptic:

Alpha Tester
982 posts

damn clingongs and there cloaking device

What to Captain Kirk and toilet paper have in common? 

They both chase Klingons around Uranus....... :trollface:

575 posts
5,354 battles

Well, Noster does on his Iowa and really gives the other team fits when he isn't spotted until he fires or someone is close enough to spot him. I think he has it down to 10km or close to that. Check out he last 2 Iowa vids on YouTube.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I wouldn't myself either lol, but who knows, I did recall someone (iChase?) saying its possible to have Camo skills maxed out on a Montana to make it even remotely have a chance against a Yamato by sneaking up and broadsiding it.

Montana gets 13.7 km, Yamato gets 13.5 km, Tirpitz & Amagi gets 12.7 km, and NoCal gets 11.7 km detection with full concealment mods..

According to my experience of driving those, having better concealment = more broadsiding cruiser = more citadels

Also gives more chance to vanish which equals no damage taken (can't shoot what you can't see)

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,472 battles

Its not rare at all.

Sign in to follow this