amade

[0.5.3] Fix for problems with GPU / CPU load

9 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

[Reposted from NA]

Good day Commanders,

Some of you have reported issues with GPU and CPU load especially on mobile machines and WG is fixing the issue. The patch will be deployed asap but you can download the fixed exe file below in the mean time.

NOTE: Please back up the your existing worldofwarships.exe file before you unzip the fix.

GPU/CPU load fix exe: Here

Password: w0ws20022016

Instructions:

1. Rename the original WorldOfWarships.exe file in the directory with the game in WorldOfWarships.exe.bk

2. Download the file from the link above, using the specified password

3. Unpack WorldOfWarships.exe from the archive in  the directory with the game

4. Start the game

For those of you who forgot to do step one... shame on you but here is the original wows.exe here (Thx to Hootorez)

A big thank you to everyone for sending in your feedback! This has helped WG diagnose the issue quickly. Thanks again for helping make the game better and better everyday!

121 posts

mine still get 1-5 fps and the minimap has no islands and when i click start battle thingy i dont move to die loading screen

lol what happen to this patch?

im beginning to get pissed of this fps bug and high cpu gpu pcu tpu hpu usage

Edited by Tomoko_Kousaka

51 posts
7,129 battles

1. Rename the original WorldOfWarships.exe file in the directory with the game in WorldOfWarships.exe.bk

Sorry for being an illiterate idiot, but am I supposed to rename the original WorldofWarships.exe to WorldofWarships.exe.bk? or rename it to Worldofwarships.bk?

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Sorry for being an illiterate idiot, but am I supposed to rename the original WorldofWarships.exe to WorldofWarships.exe.bk? or rename it to Worldofwarships.bk?

It doesn't matter what you rename it to, as long as the file is kept as a backup. You need it in case something goes wrong and have to revert to the original exe file.

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
54 posts
1,771 battles

so today play five battle than it crash like this

crash_zps1na01jig.jpg

related to that problem? the picture above are I trying start game client again and logon that it crash like that for 2nd time.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

It's not related, also the fix for the problem in the OP was included in the 0.5.3.1 patch so this thread is no longer relevant.