You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
komma1710

Refund for several nerfed premium ships like murmansk

13 comments in this topic

6 posts
3,982 battles

New crew skill has released, and bonus for 152mm gun was deleted.

This can be a indirect nerf for several premium ships. So, I suggest opportunity to refund several premium ships.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Nope not happening... Commanders were nerfed, not your ship in any least. Your ship was bought with those parameters (without captain skills) to begin so no...

406 posts
6,287 battles

I'd argue that some ships relied on certain commander skills in order to be effective - Case in point - imagine if you bought a premium DD and WG removed the detection skill. If removing the skill means that for the individual, the ship is no longer playable (or that the play style has changed to the point that they no longer want to play the ship) then I don't see why they shouldn't get a refund.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I'd argue that some ships relied on certain commander skills in order to be effective - Case in point - imagine if you bought a premium DD and WG removed the detection skill. If removing the skill means that for the individual, the ship is no longer playable (or that the play style has changed to the point that they no longer want to play the ship) then I don't see why they shouldn't get a refund.

I'm trying to think of a ship that needed a captain's skill to not be bad.

I'm coming up with Albany and Kutusov.

Oh look, both got their firing range buffed... amazing...

406 posts
6,287 battles

I'm trying to think of a ship that needed a captain's skill to not be bad.

I'm coming up with Albany and Kutusov.

Oh look, both got their firing range buffed... amazing...

Note - I said that for the Individual, the ship was no longer playable, not unplayable in general (they are two distinct scenarios) and also talked about certain play styles no longer being valid.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Ship was sold with a stock commander with no skills at all.

Therefore any changes to commanders have no effect on the product that was sold as that product did not include any commanders skills.

Therefore no refund would be required.

406 posts
6,287 battles

Ship was sold with a stock commander with no skills at all.

Therefore any changes to commanders have no effect on the product that was sold as that product did not include any commanders skills.

Therefore no refund would be required.

That is a bit of a cop out - Almost akin to buying a car, Only for the Car manufacturer to remove all the roads for said car to Drive on.

Commander skills and ships are intertwined, certain skills are mandatory for certain ships (such as Situational Awareness and the other DD one that I can't remember) to the point where playing said ship without said skills results in a negative game play experience. If due to skill changes you are not enjoying playing a premium ship, I believe you have every right to ask for a refund - in NZ, you could even make a case under the CGA: goods must be be fit for purpose - one could argue that a change in skills would mean it is no longer fit for the purpose that you, the consumer, purchased it for.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

That is a bit of a cop out - Almost akin to buying a car, Only for the Car manufacturer to remove all the roads for said car to Drive on.

Commander skills and ships are intertwined, certain skills are mandatory for certain ships (such as Situational Awareness and the other DD one that I can't remember) to the point where playing said ship without said skills results in a negative game play experience. If due to skill changes you are not enjoying playing a premium ship, I believe you have every right to ask for a refund - in NZ, you could even make a case under the CGA: goods must be be fit for purpose - one could argue that a change in skills would mean it is no longer fit for the purpose that you, the consumer, purchased it for.

Nope.

The goods as sold have not changed.

For your analogy to hold true, then the company selling the car would also have to own and sell the roads.  The only way that analogy could hold would be if wargaming also sold you the PC you use to run the software and changed the specification on that PC in such a way as to no longer support the game.

In this case an optional extra has been changed.  A more apt analogy would be to say that the manufacturer has changed from Dunlop tyres to Bridgestones.  You may not like the performance or economy change of those tyres but both are fit for the purpose that the manufacturer chose them for.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Bad example lol.

Cause it would be like you buy a prem ships and WG added islaands everywhere so yo cant shoot.

Car = Prem Ship

Roads = Map

Commander = You the driver

Just cause the driver decided to learn new skills, doesn't mean the company selling the car should have to refund you, cause "your car driving skill changed" since they do not sell the car based on your "skill" but made to the general purpose it was build for.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Don't nuke me as I'm just trying to establish a better analogy:

You buy an intelligent car with a self-drive feature. The latter can then self drive at normal speeds (stock) or be "trained" to self-drive at higher speeds. Taking these into account, the consumer is able to make an informed decision before parting with his/her cash. Having done so, the manufacturer now informs all its consumers that the higher speed self-drive feature is no longer available. This will definitely impact those consumers who made the investment based on the merit that the intelligent car can self-drive at higher speeds (spirited drive speeds!!). Now, this intelligent car can only self-drive at normal (snail-pace) speed.

The Manufacturer = WG

Intelligent car = a Premium Ship

Feature = The Captain

Self-drive feature = Captain's skill

Training = The Captain's XP to unlock the skill

Normal/higher speed = The nerfed Captain skill

EDIT: Nor am I insinuating that a refund should take place

Edited by Xirvis